broccoli and leek soup no cream

Instead of the cheese chips just added some finely grated Parmesan on top to serve. Place mounds of the shredded cheese by the tablespoon, 1" (2.5 cm) apart on the parchment paper. directions. Add broccoli stems, potato, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. In a large stock pot over medium high heat, melt the butter. When mixture begins to boil, stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Add 900g water, 750g broccoli florets and 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock paste to the TM bowl. Genesis Health Solution LLC is your local Nutritionist and Weight Loss Clinic in Forest serving all of your needs. Remove the pot from the heat. The broccoli is cooked when it is easy to break up with a spoon. Add remaining broccoli. A quick, easy and delicious soup. Broccoli is a superfoodfull of nutrients. Chop 30 seconds/speed 4/MC on. This rich soup is umami incarnate, and it's what long, cold winters are made of. Cut the broccoli into evenly sized florets and place into the saucepan. I also roasted the garlic, and added fresh lemon, which I found to be necessary. Add the broccoli and saut, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes more. My goal is to show you the gluten free living doesnt have to suck! Add remaining stock and spices. Besides being tested by the original recipe creator, this recipe has also been tested and quality approved by our test kitchen. Step 3. In a jar, mix potato starch together with about cup of the chicken stock. I tried chrome and firefox. Using a hand blender or food processor, blend until the soup becomes smooth. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. I made this soup for the first time today with minor variations (due to availability) and it was absolutely gorgeous! Normally though I wouldnt turn down a healthy chunk of toasted & butter gluten free bread to go along with a soup like this. Thinly slice the leeks then place in a colander and run under water to remove any dirt hidden between the leaves. Round it all up with some cream and it won't last too long on the table. Instructions. This is one of my favorite soups! Add water and stock. Might add some fresh veg, mushrooms, celery etc before using up the rest over next few days. Add stock/broth and milk to pot and bring to a boil. If the soup is too thick, thin it out with water. Add the vegetable stock and salt. Try a ketogenic (keto), low-carb, Roughly chop half the bacon and add it to the pan along with the potato. There are many thoughts and ideas about what foods are and arent part of a healthy diet. 250 g broccoli florets. ADD chopped leeks and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 10 minutes or until tender. Simmer for 5 minutes. 5. Yes, I used the pesto ,too. Remove the cheese from the TM bowl and set aside. SPRINKLE the flour onto leeks and stir until well blended, about 1 minute. Loaded with fiber and fat, it is high in electrolytes, sodium, and potassium. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until broccoli is soft and fork tender. Using a stick blender, carefully blend the soup until no lumps remain. Heat butter and oil in a pan and saut leeks for 7-8 minutes or until browned. The pan-fried tortilla strips added some nice . 2022 Williams-Sonoma, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I did leave some vegies solid . Lower the heat to medium-low, and add the broccoli florets. To make the scones, heat the oven to 220C/200C . Pour over 800ml boiling water, stir well, cover and simmer for 15 mins. So this time I had a play with the recipe. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. While the broccoli is steaming, chop the leeks, celery, red onion, green onion and garlic. Top with the water or vegetable stock and leave to simmer for 30 minutes. Yes , check step 3, where they tell you to add the broccoli florets. Stir in spinach and cook 1 minute more; remove from heat. Cool slightly. Separate broccoli stems from florets. Fresh leeks and broccoli two overlooked vegetables that should be at the top of the charts come together in a gorgeous, warming soup. Cook leek, stirring often and reducing heat if needed to avoid leek taking on any color, until softened slightly, about 2 . This is like a hug in a bowl. Add the cream. Cover and bring to a boil for a few minutes, until the broccoli can be easily pierced with a knife. Thinly slice your leeks. Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Add the broth and simmer for about 5 minutes. Discover our wide range of healthy recipes. Read about the importance of potassium here. Add remaining 2 cups water. I added 500g of broccoli florets and was just getting there. Add a little stock if the soup looks too thick. Gotta sayI put in a Tbsp of basil pesto rather than fresh. I have admit I was skeptical about how a 3 ingredient soup (broccoli, leaks, and broth) was going to taste but my husband and I agree that it was fantastic! Cut off the broccoli stem and slice thinly. I didn't use basil, as I wasn't sure how the flavor would mix with the other ingredients. Add the chicken stock and stir. Add broccoli and leeks to a medium pan with a bit of vegetable stock. You can easily do this in a standard kitchen blender with a few more steps. In a medium saucepan, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Saute until tender. The texture was still awesome. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Add 3 cups water, stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Home Recipes Keto Broccoli and Leek Soup Recipe. Add the broccoli to the pan, then cover and cook for 5 mins more until just tender. I meanI dont even know what that means, but it feels right so Im just going to go with it. Try ourLow Carb Creamy Cauliflower Soup if you enjoy our Low Carb Broccoli and Leek Soup. No immersion blender here, so just a bit of pressing with the potato masher. . ADD stock and broccoli, increase heat to medium-high, and bring mixture to a boil. Stir and mix in the salt. Bake on the middle rack, for about 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. I made it and added paprika, cashew, chili flakes and it tasted sooo good. Saut for a few minutes, then add the broccoli, potatoes, and leek. Right now Mike & I are in the middle of our Whole30 so I decided to dress this up with a few Whole30 compliant toppings (almonds, red pepper flakes & chives). Yay! Add the 2 Tbs. Add the chicken stock and stir. Add the leeks and saut until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Saute mushrooms and leeks lightly. Place the broccoli, leek and courgette in a saucepan and pour in the vegetable stock. 3 spoons olive oil. The cheese crisps would have been awesome too! Process at speed 6 for 5 seconds. We set out to make a low-carb soup recipe that would be a super energy booster and fatigue beater. Cream of Mushroom Soup. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators. Arugula, Potato and Leek Soup recipe. REDUCE heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Before blitzing it I drizzled some of the bacon Fat in, then crumbled some blue cheese (saved some to serve with the bacon). Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes and broccoli are fork tender. Instructions. Add the cream. Its a low-carb vegetable (4.4g net carbs per 100g). So delicious. I had leftover homemade turkey stock from Thanksgiving for the base. 300 g yellow potato. From Jalapeno Potato Soup to Brunch Broccoli Apple Soup. Adjust seasoning to taste. Thank you so much for pointing that out to me! To make this cream, you must first prepare the vegetables by cutting the stem of the broccoli and separating its florets. Also felt it was like eating a bowl of cream and too rich for me. This soup was amazing. Beautiful Sunday LunchA hit with the family. Our mobile site only supports shipping to the United States; for shipping to other countries please use our desktop site. 1/4 tsp. Leeks are loaded with nutrients, and our soup contains essential electrolytes and vitamins. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium. This soup is crazy simple. Add leaks and cook, stirring often, until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the flour and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in 1 cup water and baking soda. So be sure to make enough. I saved the browned garlic from making the croutons and threw it in the pot before I pureed. My nephew loved it so much he took some back to his hotel in a pop bottle and drank it cold later. 7. STEP 2. oregano and the broth and bring to a boil. Divide the rest of the broccoli into smaller florets, and set aside. Slice leeks in half lengthwise then chop to create small half moon shapes. Add the cream cheese, cream, pepper, basil, and garlic. Stir and mix in the salt. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add stock, coconut cream and season. LOL. Im so happy to hear that Carolyn! 1. Use aStick Blender. Next, fill a bowl with cold water and add the sliced leeks. Whether youre looking for high-protein, strict keto, or liberal low-carb recipes, here youll find tons of tasty recipes to choose from. I crispy-fried some sliced leek in butter to put on top - really good! Add the leeks with a pinch of salt and gently sweat until the soften without colouring. Transfer to paper towels to drain. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Pour in the water, add the thyme, salt and pepper. Blend on high for 30 seconds - 1 minute until smooth and creamy, with no lumps remaining. . Simple preparation and very filling. Boil and stir for one minute. Saut for a couple of minutes to soften, stirring often to keep the garlic from burning. If youd like it to have a slightly thicker consistency, add a touch of heavy cream. The easiest way to do this is by using an immersion blender(