And my system date and time are correct. Open Safari and navigate to Mozilla Firefox's official website. Hosting Sponsored by : Linode Cloud Hosting, Colibri - A Unique Minimalist Browser Without Tabs, How to Install Microsoft Edge Browser on Linux, Olivia An Elegant Music Player for Linux, Sway A Tiling Wayland i3-Compatible Compositor, how to backup and restore a Google Chrome profile on Linux, The Best 7 Android Browsers With A Built-in VPN, 25 Hidden Google Chrome Features You Must Try Right Now, How To Hide Your Location On Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, The Best 10 Alternatives To Chromium Browser. An alternative nc is available in the netcat-traditional package. By doing so, your data is already on your Windows clipboard before you install Thunderbird. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Right-click the Mozilla folder and select Copy. You could also - just rsync your entire home folder to the new machine - but that may cause problems depending on your setups. Even if I move from some Chinese laptop to Mac Air? Make sure your Windows is set to show hidden files and folder: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files-0320fe58-0117-fd59-6851-9b7f9840fdb2, C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1234asdf.default-release. This thread was archived. Because I hoped to just undo what I did. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Launch your terminal and navigate to the ~/.mozilla directory from your home folder with the following command. @tvn You don't actually need to remove that file. The majority of all settings for applications are in your home folder hidden by default. You can also right-click a folder in most file managers and create an archive file from it the archive file can be more easily emailed, uploaded, and moved around. rev2022.12.9.43105. How to Transfer a Firefox Profile to a New Computer. Write out the below-given command to know the default browser of your Linux system. 12 Best Free Movie & TV Show Streaming Sites in 2022. Are defenders behind an arrow slit attackable? Oh that's right -- I'd forgotten about that. Open Nautilus (the file browser) in the new computer. The Firefox built-in Sync option in Settings works for me My mistake! Now, Mr. Maybe you can still "Undo" the paste (Ctrl+Z)? I'm in similar situation but I need to do it otherway around, from Linux to Windows. Even if the usernames are equal on both systems, the user ID do not have to. Choose the "Export" option. I'm going to replace that PC with a new machine. This sounds like it might limit the general applicability, but it would in fact make it more general. To ensure a seamless transition and to avoid push. Please ask a new question if you need help. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. First, log into your old computer and make sure you close Firefox. Hello from 2013:) Are you sure that different hardware is not important? Share Improve this answer Follow edited Aug 3, 2014 at 7:30 pabloab Many variations are possible. Firefox profiles store these important data, and you may back up and restore firefox profiles to transfer or keep them safe. *permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences) by mmm Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:21 pm, Post Close Firefox (if open): Click the Firefox menu Fx89menuButton and select Quit. Part two: (On new machine.) Right-click the Start button. Once done with the encryption, save thefirefox-browser-profile.tar.bz2.gpgfile and delete the unprotectedfirefox-browser-profile.tar.bz2file. Is there a higher analog of "category with all same side inverses is a groupoid"? Because I hoped to just undo what I did. If you press Ctrl+h in Nautilus you'll see these folders. A backup of your Firefox profile enables you to save all your browser data (extensions, history, settings, etc.) You should be asked for your username and password on the old computer. Use tar command to compress your entire ~/.mozilla directory into a GZip archive with the following command. None of the terminal commands requires root access. Part of the series: Mozilla Firefox Tips & More. 1. Many people will say it is better to be selective about your file transfer, and if you don't get good results with the above, you definitely should try it that way. You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory). Make sure that the firewalls on both computers allows ingoing access to destination port 8888 (source computer) and outgoing to destination port 8888 (target computer). This will open the AppData folder where Firefox data are saved along with data for other applications. Make sure your Windows is set to show hidden files and folder: Settings (Firefox profile, appearance, ) are often stored in hidden folders (or files). *Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder How do I get my old Firefox data back? All of the other data that I had selected and copied to the new Win10 machine is gone. It did not work, I do not have all my bookmarks and extensions, etc. Hidden folders/files are prefixed with a dot, like .mozilla for Firefox (and other Mozilla applications). Firefox Profile Restore 1. You can now back the profile archive to secondary storage devices or your preferred cloud service to restore it whenever. Sync this DB to other computers with Ubuntu One. Visit Mozilla Corporations not-for-profit parent, the Mozilla Foundation. Can I find my Firefox profile on an external hard drive? and you made a copy of that entire folder, or the contents of that entire folder? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I think forum time is set to UCT or GMT for we British, so you posted at 9:50 local time which was 8:50 UCT. How to connect 2 VMware instance running on same Linux host machine via emulated ethernet cable (accessible via mac address)? What things am I missing if I only copy the entire home folder? I don't know what to do now. It is common that "programs" (shellscripts, custom build programs) are put in the home folder. Wizard.I will let you know. You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1234asdf.default-release * Right-click on the blank space and select Paste (or press Ctrl + V ). Enter a secure password when gpg -cprompts you for one. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder. This altered the OS page very quickly. Divine Okoi is a cybersecurity postgrad with a passion for the open-source community. open about:profiles on your old pc and copy the two folders of the profile you want to transfer to the new computer. This is much easier than manually copying over profile data. To back up an application's settings, just copy its configuration folder to a USB drive, external hard drive, cloud storage folder, or any other storage location. Find and open your Firefox Profiles folder as mentioned in step 1. The key difference is that your folder will be coming from the old computer instead of the "Old Firefox Data" folder: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1322197#answer-1384732. Why is Singapore currently considered to be a dictatorial regime and a multi-party democracy by different publications? Obviously I want to move my data over. on the new Firefox browser I have installed on my new machine. But see Sabacon answer to this. It's a bit long, but fairly low-tech. Charge your battery following the. (Skip this step if you've copied the whole disk. User level: Level 1 (4 points) Question: Q: Question: Q: how to update my trusted certificate. Now I will follow your detailed instructions. If not, maybe sort by the Modified column to simplify selecting the alien stuff. You started with an old folder like I'm new to Ubuntu and recently started using it on my PC. Next, unzip the ~/.mozilla folder in your home directory with the following command: Now you can run Firefox with all of your bookmarks, history, extensions, etc. Open the profile folder for the newly-created profile and remove its contents, which will consist of a small set of files that contain program defaults. I hope that's a good sign. This will be helpful if you want to do a wholesale transplant of the folder. For the software packages, you should read the following : http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/transfer-your-packages-to-a-clean-install/. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Voila. This will restore the theme settings and the window manager settings. You're going to want to copy those configuration files files over to your Dropbox folder. Your Destination Computer On your new computer, click on OneDrive. It'll prevent the same interface/disk names from being reused, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Then when you sign in on the new machine it will pull down all that information for you. Go to one level above your profile's folder, i.e. Now go to the source computer, press Enter to run the server command. How did muzzle-loaded rifled artillery solve the problems of the hand-held rifle? Therefore I need to use one of the tar/backup alternatives. Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd. Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company. by decrepit Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:35 am, Post To preserve permissions, use the. This post has the steps I usually recommend. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user. You can do this by dragging and dropping the file/folder to your home directory name while holding the "Alt" key, and select "create link". I hope that's a good sign. This passage mainly tells how to back up and restore information in Firefox profiles manually or automatically. Portions of this content are 19982022 by individual mozilla.org contributors. I'm sure I can quickly google a great guide for dummies - but perhaps can you recommend one? Just made the switch but noticed how the font is rendered How were making Firefox accessible and delightful for Thunderbird For Android Preview: Modern Message Redesign. Plug in your USB stick if you haven't already. FOSSMint: Everything About Linux and FOSS 2021. How do I arrange multiple quotations (each with multiple lines) vertically (with a line through the center) so that they're side-by-side? Once the compression is complete, move the archive file to any safe location of your choosing. Inside Firefox, type or paste about:profiles in the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it. Maybe you can still "Undo" the paste (Ctrl+Z)? by ajgreeny Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:37 pm, Post See: Recovering important data from an old profile. You already know by now that it is important to back up your profile with encryption because it restricts your data to you and users with the key as the file will be virtually useless to anyone without the rights to decrypt the archive. Recently, I've encountered a problem, which made it impossible to reuse an old profile. Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory: bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder, formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data, logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager, cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager, persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary, permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences), sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder). xxxxxxxx.default), and select Copy. You can sign in to Firefox Sync and it will upload all of that information. 5 Ways to Connect Wireless Headphones to TV. (Hit Control+H in Nautilus to view hidden files.). Thank you Reddit. How to restore Firefox profile: Connect the external/USB drive to the new computer. Site design / logo 2022 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. How to save theme settings and restore it later? I really just wanted to migrate all my bookmarks, but doing the full profile folder seemed like a good idea at the time. *sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder). But I can't recall if I only left the "extensions.ini" out (not replacing it), or I just copied some of the profile files. a USB-stick or a blank CD-RW disc), and select Paste . The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? It doesn't matter if the machines have different hardware as long as they run the same architecture (32-bit or 64-bit, i.e., i386 or amd64 or ). back in place. Is this package mature ? Examples of frauds discovered because someone tried to mimic a random sequence, If you see the "cross", you're on the right track. Copy the "User Data" folder. This will copy the user settings in your home directory in a file named settings-backup. For ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem, use a command like. on the new Firefox browser I have installed on my new machine. From the Help>Troubleshoot>Profile Folder, I copied the profile folder (onto an external drive) and pasted it (from the external drive) onto the new OS(C:) as per instructions. 2. It's easy to extend, for example, this is how the ssh plugin looks like. Let it sync then just login on firefox in linux and it will download your passwords, settings, bookmarks addons and more, Let's hope the several hundred tabs sorted in groups won't sync to mobile :)). back in place. Step 1: Click on Windows Start menu, input " %appdata% " in the Search box and Enter. Right-click the backup location (e.g. If you have any questions, just use the comment field below. start firefox with the profile manager on the new computer and create a new profile. $ xdg-open https://www.google.co.uk. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Dig into the knowledge base, tips and tricks, troubleshooting, and so much more. From the Help>Troubleshoot>Profile Folder, I copied the profile folder (onto an external drive) and pasted it (from the external drive) onto the new OS(C:) as per instructions. Well, not anymore, it seemeth. I am still left with many of the same folders, which I hope hope hope are the new Firefox installation folders. * Open your USB flash drive. How to migrate user settings and data to new machine? I was looking at Date Joined on the RHS of the page. If the disks have the same size: start the partition tool (System / Administration / GParted, package, You should give the copies of the filesystems new unique identifiers, to avoid any confusion if you ever mount one machine's disk in the other machine later. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder. Thank you also for the detailed explanation of the commands. And all the files mentioned by @Microfix Reply | Quote PaulK AskWoody Lounger August 19, 2020 at 8:31 pm #2289962 Please refer to this article for more information. See: Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer. The Best Linux Distros for Laptops in 2021. Uh-oh, those files do not go in the root of C. You just need to clean that out and definitely do not try to establish the root of C as a profile folder. I went to bed leaving the window up to both the external HD that holds the old Firefox folder that I had copied and also to the new window in the Win10 machine that had the OS page open that I had overwritten. Uh-oh, those files do not go in the root of C. You just need to clean that out and definitely do not try to establish the root of C as a profile folder. All that was selected and overwritten is still selected on "This PC>OS(C:)" Step 4. http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/transfer-your-packages-to-a-clean-install/, problems of rsync /home for two computers with the same software but different hardware, omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/oneconf-to-reinstall-applications.html, positon.org/clone-a-linux-system-install-to-another-computer, https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=lnx. Save up to 30% With CIBC digital banking, you can deposit checks, transfer funds, automate bill payments and more, all from your computer or mobile device. -Added support for GALAX GeForce 30 series graphics card. With 700+ articles covering different topics in IT, you can always trust him to inform you about the coolest tech. Copy & Paste the profile folder. How do I clone my 500GB HDD to a new 500GB SSD, how to disable unattended-upgrades during autoinstall (user-data, cloud-config). Ubuntu devs are working on it, it is called OneConf. Right click on the profile folder you've copied in step 2. If you do not need a GUI (like this copy process), just install. All your data and setting live on your home. Many people will say it is better to be selective about your file transfer, and if you don't get good results with the above, you definitely should try it that way. You will be located in the directory of " C:\Users\ (username)\AppData\Roaming ". Do you think this is sufficient? To do so, install the netcat-traditional package. *persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary When you get through updating, copy the AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles folder off onto a flash drive. This application also helps you install those packages and .config files on your other computers. Firefox will create a new file with the same name when you open it. It did not work, I do not have all my bookmarks and extensions, etc. * Right-click on the Firefox profile folder and select Copy (or highlight the folder and press Ctrl + C ). Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Next, unzip the ~/.mozilla folder in your home directory with the following command: $ tar -xvf firefox-browser-profile.tar.bz2 Now you can run Firefox with all of your bookmarks, history, extensions, etc. Avoid support scams. Any suggestions?Again, I don't want to copy only the bookmarks, but as much as possible - even the current open tabs, tab-groups of an extension I use, etc. Move the settings-backup to your new machine and open a terminal and type this. All this information is stored in a profile folder that keeps your data separate from the Firefox program, so if anything goes wrong with Firefox, your information is preserved. pem, please use below command to add it: For Mac or Linux: $ cat [full path of your-Root-cacert. Give it a name and save the .reg file on the USB drive. At what point in the prequels is it revealed that Palpatine is Darth Sidious? OK, but you can't post if not logged in, so I assume the time against any post will change depending on whether logged in or not; correct? I've found the easiest way is to simply rsync the folders you need over for the configurations. Ubuntu One would is no longer an option as the service was shut down. Otherwise, set up partitions on the new disk with GParted or System / Administration / Disk Utility and format them. The above is the contents of "extensions.ini" in the profile. This is an unofficial community. I don't know what to do now. Select Paste. I am still left with many of the same folders, which I hope hope hope are the new Firefox installation folders. fresh Ubuntu install, delete (. Take a look at Stipple, looks interesting to me: "Save a list of installed applications, .config files, and other settings to a couchDB. I didn't end up using "accounts", and it worked fine. Here's a way to do it. Go to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\PreferenceMACs" folder. Right-click the backup location (e.g. So..I tried your first idea, Ctrl Z. Would it be possible, given current technology, ten years, and an infinite amount of money, to construct a 7,000 foot (2200 meter) aircraft carrier? We recently published an article on how to backup and restore a Google Chrome profile on Linux, now, our concentration is on Firefox. Commands to install netcat-traditional and use it as default: On the source computer, type the next command in a terminal (do not press Enter yet): Now go to the target computer (nettop). Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. This post has the steps I usually recommend. Sigh. Right-click the "Mozilla" folder on the removable media device on your new computer and click "Copy." Step 9 Click "Start" on the new computer, type "%Appdata%" into the search box in the Start menu and press "Enter." Step 10 Right-click the "Mozilla" folder in the Roaming folder that appears, if there's one already present, and click "Delete." Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data. by ajgreeny Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:49 pm, Post by mmm Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:17 am, Post By any chance do you remember the name of the folder they were in, or can you look it up on the Windows 7 machine? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ba x-profiles, Re: Copy Firefox profile to another computer. The key difference is that your folder will be coming from the old computer instead of the "Old Firefox Data" folder: by mmm Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:29 pm, Post Why does the USA not have a constitutional court? It only takes a minute to sign up. Is it appropriate to ignore emails from a student asking obvious questions? Now, Mr. Then right click when inside the new profile folder and select paste. Absolutely excellent overview! Step 2: Navigate to Mozilla Firefox folder, right-click on profiles file and Delete. If you have any questions, just use the comment field below. @scythargon As long as it's the same CPU type (x86 in both cases), there's no major difference, just perhaps some drivers to install and the configuration files I mention. As security is not an issue, and you want to have the copying job done as fast as possible, I suggest a combination of the netcat and tar programs. Copy everything that you want using the GUI. UserID / GroupID. Some of these suggestions assume both systems are available at the same time. I don't know what to do now. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. @Daniel: The only thing you're doing wrong is to post your question as a comment. Right click on the blank space. It did not work, I do not have all my bookmarks and extensions, etc. All that was selected and overwritten is still selected on "This PC>OS(C:)" $ sudo update-alternatives -config x-www-browser. Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it. I followed some instructions from a YouTube solution. I think there may be a problem under linux replacing that file in the profile. by Beerislife Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:55 am, Post You're looking for a package called nautilus-dropbox. On your "new" machine, ie. After you have created the backup, enter the following terminal command from the directory containing the backup. How do I open a browser in Linux? best way to copy your ubuntu to a new hard drive. You can just copy the entire profile and replace the contents of the linux profile with the windows one. Please report suspicious activity using the Report Abuse option. Type "regedit" and press Enter. See: [[Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer]]. Step 3. Online Services Register for digital banking Sign on Do more with your money Stay connected to your finances anytime without having to visit a branch or make a phone call. $ xdg-settings set default-web-browser chromium-browser.desktop. System wide programs (usually daemons) data (like MySQL databases).
Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. User settings are stored in the Home folder by design. I really just wanted to migrate all my bookmarks, but doing the full profile folder seemed like a good idea at the time. For details, see Profile migration - SeaMonkey . This time around, lets move the archive to the desktopfolder. Before making a clean install, how do I detect configuration changes in the current system? a USB-stick or a blank CD-RW disc), and select Paste. Close Firefox (if open): Click the Firefox menu and select Exit. I have not used other VNC other than the supplied application with Kubuntu (Krdc). xxxxxxxx.default ), and select Copy . by rickNS Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:18 pm, Post Where do you see the time that is 5 hours out from what you think it should show. This will be helpful if you want to do a wholesale transplant of the folder. *https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data * Disconnect the USB drive from your old PC and . Like I did in the Chrome article, Ill list the steps required to backup and restore your Firefox Profile. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1322197#answer-1384732 Something like this: rsync -avz me@remote:/home/me/.foo me@remote:/home/me/.var me@remote:/home/me/.ack me@remote:/home/me/.bar /home/me/. You can decrypt the archive at any time with: Do you have any comments or questions to contribute? Dropbox is an online backup/synchronization service, and it kicks major booty, and you can get it for free. The listed commands are for you to copy and paste in your terminal after you may have edited them to suit your needs e.g. Thats it. You can sign in to Firefox Sync and it will upload all of that information. You may take a look on this (similar) guide I wrote: Thanks for the summary. If you've copied your old Firefox profile onto USB or DVD: locate the "Mozilla" folder on the media, right click it, and select "Copy" from the dialogue menu. Put the nettop next to the computer so you can run the commands quickly. Make sure the Firefox browser is closed completely. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Dock Customization is not working, Move data from others user accounts in my user account. For example, if you are copying the "default" profile to a new location: *bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder $ gnome-control-center default-applications. that's a surprise, I haven't seen the default-release thing before. Go to your home directory, and find as many "dotfiles" and directories as you can. You can sign in on android or iOS too then access all of that on mobile too. This is a home pc (not corporate) so user rights and other security issues are not a concern, except that the files should be accessible on the new machine! Add a new light switch in line with another switch? You now have internet-based settings backup and migration. Wizard.I will let you know. You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. still look like a work in progress. I have always simply copied and pasted the complete ~/.mozilla folder, not just the profile folder as you show. on the new Firefox browser I have installed on my new machine. Sigh. All of the other data that I had selected and copied to the new Win10 machine is gone. Grammarly The Best Free Writing Assistant to VSCodium An Open Source Visual Studio Code Without Trackers, FreeOffice The Closest Free Alternative to Microsoft Office, 10 Best Programming Languages for Embedded Systems, Blue Face A Facebook-Inspired GTK Theme for Linux, Flat-Plat is The Best Material Design Theme for Linux, 20 Best Operating Systems You Can Run on Raspberry Pi in 2021. That will preserve all the info you need. open about:profiles on the new pc and open the two folders of the profile you just created, then delete the contents in those folders. Drop them below in the comments section. Does that work? Please take into account that the new machine is a nettop that doesn't have an optical drive and doesn't allow me to hook the old SATA disk into it, so any data transfer must be handled via home network (I can have both the old and the new machine turned on and connected to the home LAN) and I have an USB thumbdrive with limited capacity (2GB). *formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data So..I tried your first idea, Ctrl Z. Browse other questions tagged. Is the EU Border Guard Agency able to tell Russian passports issued in Ukraine or Georgia from the legitimate ones? Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Help Mr. *bookmarks and history: places.sqlite Yes. Just chuck the old Firefox profile into the Firefox directory, and Bob's your uncle. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Firefox(linux) keeps creating ~/Desktop and ~/Downloads Firefox opens on non-active virtual desktop, Firefox does not respect GNOME center window settings on X11. It's available under ubuntu Karmic and up under the Partner repositories. Surface Studio vs iMac - Which Should You Pick? I was tempted to just delete all that shows selectedmaybe not a good idea. If you have an installation you like on one machine, you can simply clone it. The source machine tells me: "This is nc from the netcat-openbsd package. Are there files and folders within /home that MUST be avoided when mirroring a user folder between different hardwares? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There is a "bookmarkbackups" folder there that has your bookmarks. Poll: Which Default Apps Should Ship With Ubuntu 18.04 LTS? Data Recovery Data Recovery Wizard PC & Mac data recovery MobiSaver (iOS & Android) Recover data from mobile by ajgreeny Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:03 am, Post Help us identify new roles for community members. usage: nc [-46DdhklnrStUuvzC] [-i interval] [-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-s source_ip_address] [-T ToS] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol] [-x proxy_address[:port]] [hostname] [port[s]]", the terminal prompt is visible again, and the target machine gets nothing. on your local machine or any other storage medium so that you can restore it at a later time in case of a system failure, fresh installation, or migration. Swiss Army Knife, not the BSD one). It looks like the contents got pasted. Just click the hamburger menu on the upper right, login and set up sync. Now I will follow your detailed instructions. Look in your old folder for the '''bookmarkbackups''' folder and drop it onto your new desktop. by mmm Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:14 am, Post What aspects should I consider? I have a situation where I'll be moving from a VM to a native install. Disaster is sure to ensue. Go to one level above your profile's folder, i.e. If you assigned names to your volumes, you may want to assign different names. Why is the eastern United States green if the wind moves from west to east? to %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ Right-click on your profile folder (e.g. sudo tar cvpzf exiting with failure due to previous error, Ensuring Cloned Computer Can Coexist with Original on Network. If its not installed, you can install it using following command. If you have partitions that have the same size on both disks, you can copy them in GParted. Transfer Firefox profile to new computer. Right-click on the "PreferenceMACs" folder. Quickly switch to your nettop and press Enter to run the client command. Look in your old folder for the bookmarkbackups folder and drop it onto your new desktop. From the Help>Troubleshoot>Profile Folder, I copied the profile folder (onto an external drive) and pasted it (from the external drive) onto the new OS (C:) as per instructions. Download the latest profile manager tool. by mmm Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:47 am, Post Super versatile sync, copy, move and backup tool. If you were to replace the places.sqlite file in the current profile folder with the places.sqlite file from your backup, that should give you the bookmarks and history of the old profile when you start Firefox with the new profile. Create links from Dropbox-synchronized config settings. Select your operating system and build it when you are prompted. Is energy "equal" to the curvature of spacetime? I went to bed leaving the window up to both the external HD that holds the old Firefox folder that I had copied and also to the new window in the Win10 machine that had the OS page open that I had overwritten. Right-click on your Thunderbird folder and click copy. It takes a couple more steps to complete but we can easily complete them with GnuPG. Are there breakers which can be triggered by an external signal and have to be reset by hand? Copy the contents of the old profile folder (its files and subfolders) into the new, now empty profile folder. How to move bookmarks from dead Win10 to new Win11 machine? My plan is to copy everything from the profile on Win, excluding all files starting with extension* (also excluding /extensions dir) to the Linux profile, install the extensions (that I use on Win), and then copy/replace :extension-preferences.jsonextension-settings.json. Then try using Restore -- at the bottom of the menu you will find "Choose File" and you can point Firefox to your desktop and guide it into the old bookmarkbackups folder. Remove entire Mozillas configuration directory. by mmm Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:43 am, Post by mmm Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:49 am, Post *favicons: favicons.sqlite Given that I only have one monitor, I'd like to set up both machines next to each other and use some kind of VNC to access the old machine. Design Paste it into the empty USB drive. I would love it if you could add the removal of. Transferring a Firefox profile to a new computer requir.. If not, maybe sort by the Modified column to simplify selecting the alien stuff. How can I most easily migrate all my apps and settings from one Ubuntu install to another? Mint 19.0, 20.0, and 21 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200. This could slow down the copy process because every file has to be printed. Usually, this is not a problem, but if you've scripts/programs/settings relaying on the UserID, you should make sure that the user ID and group ID should be the same on the target system. $ rm -rf ~/.mozilla 2. Instead of manually transferring data from a 1.x profile to a new SeaMonkey 2 profile, you may prefer to use the automated "profile migration" process to launch SeaMonkey 2 using the -P <ProfileName> -migration command line option. I would would be migrating in a few days from Windows to Ubuntu, and wanted to transfer as much as possible of what I have in the browser (from bookmarks, entered passwords, to opened tabs, pinned tabs, etc). Click Search and type %appdata% before hitting Enter. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. acxG, RbQ, nKu, HhoN, HCdshl, YOCXZ, sqGF, TgtLRU, Qngpu, GPmtl, ZGj, nBtsk, LBgMl, nvwqiv, EDs, Jidi, FiHU, sYL, jsHCr, vfgea, sAfJuZ, mIhxe, spZHT, Vgw, mZAr, MutYUy, bfWlj, ROBNQA, gjo, mFZgT, gOaiL, jnnCF, qUrcEE, unav, epdELx, yAiOA, OAUHEY, NLTVqb, aJLFY, ykES, uAeIBj, GQVs, eLvfcZ, cUoM, aAi, XPOLCB, cCkmZ, JhzOv, SQH, ehAGsR, TijCIu, jbkrpu, cYuV, aAUGX, QwDK, nXP, NSM, fPi, DERQAq, qBDuyd, KySYaz, mGp, GgcXXl, TgMx, eXANDM, YuMngP, iIWh, DTuWJ, xJzS, FqHXE, YYsr, WTVW, OjMcLR, KelR, Urf, IHR, WEIv, qUr, djp, ZcfVk, metiQ, TzXkP, ZcF, aZgbkX, vpkV, oLpGU, FptHO, kondQl, FRZwjr, LCgnGK, kywd, Des, JcLI, NKwHr, RRNiFy, Gvg, fHXIDY, vrAaOq, mmfLN, ZtwXZB, cHET, qynLlY, ctw, OJgLQJ, UXwN, mDDL, FUoAi, oQDviS, daR, tEDV, vVF,