In blessing Peter, Jesus not only accepts the titles Christ and Son of God, which Peter attributes to him, but declares the proclamation a divine revelation by stating that his Father in Heaven had revealed it to Peter. He also sends out his Twelve Disciples two-by-two to preach the gospel, giving them power to heal diseases and drive out demons (Matthew 9:35-11:1; Mark 6:6-13; Luke 9:1-6). 7:6 Then Jesus went with them. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? Your request is granted. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.6:48 I am that bread of life.6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard [this], said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?6:62 [What] and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. Even when He drove the animal dealers and "money changers" from the TempleHe was doing it for the good of all people, even for the good of those He drove out. Follow the sequence of what Jesus did, endured, and taught in those closing days of his Passion to redeem you. We use cookies to let us know when you visit our websites, how you interact with us, to enrich your user experience, and to customize your relationship with our website. 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. 7:1 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum. 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, [Thy] sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? bring him unto me.9:20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.9:21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? 2:2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive [them], no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them. 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. This entire website is about Jesus, but here are a few more web pages that you may want to read: What's the difference between Justice, Mercy, and Grace? how long shall I suffer you? Jesus teaches him about the kingdom of God (John 3:1-21). 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? You are free to opt out any time or opt in for other cookies to get a better experience. The Ministry of Jesus coves the period when Jesus started His public Ministry of about three and a half years were we meet the 12 disciples, those against Jesus and those who supported Jesus, From about a week before his death, this period of His life is covered in the module Easter - Palm Sunday to Passover. 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:7:29 For he taught them as [one] having authority, and not as the scribes. "That thou art Peter, and upon this rock, I will build my church". 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. 1:38 And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth. 13:54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this [man] this wisdom, and [these] mighty works?13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? John's death is recorded in Matthew 14:10, Mark 6:27, Luke 9:9 sometime during the first of the presumed three-year ministry of Jesus. and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? There he drives the money-changers 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.4:4 And he must needs go through Samaria. 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. I agree, and so do a lot of commentaries and people who attempt to harmonize the gospels. 4:13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season. 16:8 And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any [man]; for they were afraid. THE FIRST YEAR OF JESUS' PUBLIC MINISTRY Baptism of Jesus Temptations First Cleansing of the Temple Calling of Andrew, Simon, Philip, Nathanael Marriage at Cana-1st Recorded Miracle First Passover in Jerusalem Visit form Nicodemus FIRST JUDEAN MINISTRY John Imprisoned at Machaerus, Perea The Woman of Samaria Galilean Ministry begins . 5:7), the One whom the Passover lamb had always represented. 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? It is during this time that John the Baptist is beheaded by King Herod (Matthew 14:1-12; Mark 6:14-29; Luke 9:7-9). [45][46] A few villages in Galilee (e.g. 6:8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. 4:52 Then inquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. Changes will take effect once you reload the page. Ministry of Jesus - three and a half year timeline that was used to organize the . 9:2 And after six days Jesus taketh [with him] Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.9:3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.9:4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.9:5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.9:6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.9:8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.9:9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.9:10 And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.9:11 And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come?9:12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.9:13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him. To study such a detailed outline requires many hours of searching through the four gospels and comparing what is written in each. 5:5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. [94] The significance is enhanced by the presence of Elijah and Moses, for it indicates to the apostles that Jesus is the voice of God, and, instead of Elijah or Moses, he should be listened to, by virtue of his filial relationship with God. It seems that from here Jesus traveled northward to meet up with Jewish pilgrims going from Galilee to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. [100][101][102][106] In Luke 19:4144 as Jesus approaches Jerusalem, he looks at the city and weeps over it, foretelling the suffering that awaits the city. Sermon on the Mount (Mt 5:1). 5:27 And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me. 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. [96][97], Addressing his apostles in Matthew 18:18, Jesus states: "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven". 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. Joseph and Mary present him at the temple in Jerusalem according to Jewish law (Luke 2:21-40). 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 16:4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?14:32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.14:34 And when they were gone over, they came into the land of Gennesaret.14:35 And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased;14:36 And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole. He was born of the Holy Spirit and performed many miracles: healing the sick, raising people . And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him. And he suffered them.8:33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.8:34 When they that fed [them] saw what was done, they fled, and went and told [it] in the city and in the country.8:35 Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.8:36 They also which saw [it] told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed.8:37 Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about besought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear: and he went up into the ship, and returned back again.8:38 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying,8:39 Return to thine own house, and show how great things God hath done unto thee. 9:32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil. 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and [his] disciples rebuked those that brought [them].10:14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.10:16 And he took them up in his arms, put [his] hands upon them, and blessed them. 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. Matthew, To enlarge this timeline so that it can be read click here, then click again. 9:37 And it came to pass, that on the next day, when they were come down from the hill, much people met him.9:38 And, behold, a man of the company cried out, saying, Master, I beseech thee, look upon my son: for he is mine only child.9:39 And, lo, a spirit taketh him, and he suddenly crieth out; and it teareth him that he foameth again, and bruising him hardly departeth from him.9:40 And I besought thy disciples to cast him out; and they could not.9:41 And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Jesus calls Philip and Nathanael as followers(John 1:43-51). [33] Jesus goes up a mountainside with his disciples and chooses twelve of them to be his apostles (Mark 3:13-19; Luke 6:12-16). [12][13][14][15] As Jesus travels towards Jerusalem, in the later Perean ministry, about one third the way down from the Sea of Galilee (actually a freshwater lake) along the River Jordan, he returns to the area where he was baptized. 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth.5:40 And they laughed him to scorn. After crossing the lake, Jesus comes to Magadan (or Dalmanutha) where he rebukes Pharisees who demand a miraculous sign (Matthew 15:39-16:4; Mark 8:10-12). Luke says Jesus was about 30 when his ministry started. 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great. 4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? Why go ye about to kill me?7:20 The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?7:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.7:22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.7:25 Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this he, whom they seek to kill?7:26 But, lo, he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing unto him. [16][17][18], The final ministry in Jerusalem is sometimes called the Passion week and begins with Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. disciples continue northwards from Judea (Jn 4:3), 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you [of] heavenly things? [57] The Beatitudes present the highest ideals of the teachings of Jesus on mercy, spirituality and compassion. 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.9:3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for [your] journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.9:4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.9:6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.8:25 And he said unto them, Where is your faith? 5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? region (Mt 15:39; Mk 8:10). list following, [1] Jesus moves to 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. home-town of Nazareth, and preaches in the synagogue (Lk 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Click to enable/disable _gat_* - Google Analytics Cookie. 5:8 Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God. He said, I know not.9:13 They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.9:14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.9:15 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. Possibly in the southern part of Galilee bordering Samaria, Jesus joins up with the pilgrims traveling to Jerusalem for the Passover. If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.11:15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.11:16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.11:17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had [lain] in the grave four days already.11:18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:11:19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.11:20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat [still] in the house.11:21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.11:22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give [it] thee.11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.15:35 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.15:36 And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake [them], and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.15:37 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken [meat] that was left seven baskets full.15:38 And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.15:39 And he sent away the multitude, and took ship, and came into the coasts of Magdala. 4:39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did. 2:3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. 12:7 But if ye had known what [this] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 19:32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. (The calling in Luke 5:1-11 may be a later, separate calling into full discipleship.). man (Jn 5:2), [5] Returning north to 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 4:25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;4:26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, [a city] of Sidon, unto a woman [that was] a widow. 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 23:32 And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death. 4:18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 4:30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him. The episode is the last in a series of narrated miracles which builds up to Peter's proclamation of Jesus as Christ in Mark 8:29. Jesus and his disciples spend time baptizing in the Judean countryside (John 3:22). 4:53 So the father knew that [it was] at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house. 2 The Temple. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink. 4:8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. apostles (Mt 10:1; Mk 3:13; Lk 6:12) and delivers the (Christian/Common Era). 14:4 For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her. (Mt 17:14; Mk 9:14; Lk 9:37). 17:14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a [certain] man, kneeling down to him, and saying,17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is a lunatic, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.17:16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? This third reference to a passover in the Gospel of John is why many suggest that Jesus's ministry was a period of about three years. 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 4:33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him [ought] to eat? Jesus is invited to dinner at a Pharisees house, where he is anointed with oil by a sinful woman (Luke 7:36-50). (Also see the Life of Jesus Timeline, andsee the "Passion Week" Timeline.). 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. 7:24 And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know [it]: but he could not be hid.7:25 For a [certain] woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:7:26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] unto the dogs.7:28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.7:29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.7:30 And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed. [52][53][54], This period includes the Sermon on the Mount, one of the major discourses of Jesus in Matthew, and the Sermon on the Plain in the Gospel of Luke. 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered. 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from their company], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. While in Jericho, Jesus heals two blind men (Matthew 20:29-34; Mark 10:46-52; Luke 18:35-43), brings a chief tax collector named Zacchaeus to repentance (Luke 19:1-10), and teaches about using the talents God gives you for his kingdom (Luke 19:11-27). 1:35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! [10] In the Decapolis he to 30 A.D. And when they knew, they say, Five, and two fishes.6:39 And he commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass.6:40 And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties.6:41 And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave [them] to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.6:42 And they did all eat, and were filled.6:43 And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes.6:44 And they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men. 24:50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.24:51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:24:53 And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Kafr Kanna) have been suggested as the location of Cana.[47][48]. Jesus is questioned about fasting and teaches about the new covenant with a parable (Matthew 9:14-17; Mark 2:18-22; Luke 5:33-39). 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. ministryof threefull years,plus a little time precedingthe first Passover.6This frameworkof the publicministryhas been, from Eusebius'time to our own, the commonlyacceptedone. There he blesses them and then ascends into heaven (Mark 16:19-20; Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:9-12). Jesus returns to Capernaum and forgives and heals a paralyzed man who is lowered through the roof (Matthew 9:1-8; Mark 2:1-12; Luke 5:17-26). 20:1 The first [day] of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth. 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word with signs following. The following cookies are also needed - You can choose if you want to allow them: You can read about our cookies and privacy settings in detail on our Privacy Policy Page. 2:11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him. 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 23:38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. 4:24 And he said, Verily, I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country. Only a short one year ministry works. for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. 5:12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk? 6:2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days? 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! The ministry of Jesus, in the canonical gospels, begins with his baptism in the countryside of Roman Judea and Transjordan, near the River Jordan by John the Baptist, and ends in Jerusalem, following the Last Supper with his disciples. "[63], Commissioning the twelve Apostles relates the initial selection of the twelve Apostles among the disciples of Jesus. this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. Jesus, also called Jesus Christ, Jesus of Galilee, or Jesus of Nazareth, (born c. 6-4 bce, Bethlehemdied c. 30 ce, Jerusalem), religious leader revered in Christianity, one of the world's major religions. On his return, Jesus heals the boy with epilepsy And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him. Join us on Monday the 12th as we celebrate the start of our 14th year of ministry here at Now The End Begins. And they took Jesus, and led [him] away. [95], Many of the episodes in the Later Judean ministry are from the Gospel of Luke but, in general, these sequence of episodes in Luke do not provide enough geographical information to determine Perea, though scholars generally assume that the route Jesus followed from Galilee to Jerusalem passed through Perea. 4:46 So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,2:14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. widow's son back to life (Lk 7:11), [9] Accompanied by the 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like:6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 8:22 Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. 19:16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer. A "High Sabbath" means that not only was it the regular Sabbath, but that a religious holiday also fell on that same day. When he finds rejection in Samaria, the disciples want to call fire down. 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. who can forgive sins but God only? Jesus died by means of crucifixion in the Spring of 30 A.D. Because of the uncertainty of the exact month that his ministry began, it's necessary to estimate its duration. 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. 18:15) and speaks to the rich young man (Mt 19:16; Mk And Simon's wife's mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him for her. (There are 3 separate sections below)Below are a few quotes from the Gospels referring to Jesus at the cross. Jesus once again travels and preaches throughout Galilee (Luke 8:1-3). 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said. 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil. (Matthew, Mark and Luke do not refer to this event). 2:12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion. [114][115][116][117] John 1417 concludes the Last Supper with a long, three chapter sermon known as the Farewell discourse which prepares the disciples for the departure of Jesus. 5:4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. 4:5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. miracle (Jn 2:1), [6] He continues on to Capernaum, on [93] A bright cloud appears around them, and a voice from the cloud states: "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him". 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Jesus turns the tables: after John has asked Jesus a question about his ministry, Jesus now asks the crowds a question (or series of . Jesus prayed to His Father in Heaven and also taught us how to pray. 10:1 And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again. The journey of Jesus in 3 minutes 98,306 views Mar 29, 2018 768 Dislike Share Save Bible Society 13.8K subscribers To say Jesus did a lot of stuff would be like saying 'Mount Everest' is a. how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?6:43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. art thou come hither to torment us before the time?8:30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.8:31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.8:32 And he said unto them, Go. (This was predicted in the prophecy of Daniel 9 and is shown on theDaniel 8 & 9 Timeline.) A mountainside between Capernaum and Gennesaret has historically been the most recognized possibility.). 3. A chronology of Jesus typically has the date of the start of his . He decides to pass through Samaria, but the people of some Samaritan village do not welcome him. Still, this provides a generally accepted chronology of events and can be very helpful in understanding the flow of Jesus' life and ministry. 20:10 Then the disciples went away again unto their own home. (Also read the book,"Thoughts from the Mount of Blessing"). The Bible does not tell us precisely how long the Lord's earthly ministry lasted. Celebrating the Festival of Dedication in Jerusalem, Jesus once again teaches in the temple courts and confronts the unbelief of his Jewish opponents (John 10:22-39). 9 Hasmonaean Palace. 23:35 And the people stood beholding. to save life, or to destroy [it]? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. Jesus' birth. Peter confesses that Jesus is the Christ, and Jesus promises that the gates of Hades will not overcome Christs Church. 8 Herod's Palace. 5:36 But I have greater witness than [that] of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 2:26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the showbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him? 8:28; Mk 5:2; Lk 8:27), [11] Sailing back across And they were astonished with a great astonishment.5:43 And he charged them straitly that no man should know it; and commanded that something should be given her to eat. 1 A.D. - March 16, Wednesday. After this, Jesus' ministry of approximately three years (marked by the three Passover trips to Jerusalem) has a general overview of one year beginning with the disciples, one year of miracles and growing popularity, and the final year of growing opposition from the Jewish authorities. 8:15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them. I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God. Jesus heals a royal officials son (John 4:46-54). 4:21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James [the son] of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them. [71][72] These include the parables of The Sower, The Tares, The Mustard Seed and The Leaven, addressed to the public at large, as well as The Hidden Treasure, The Pearl and Drawing in the Net. 7:2 Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.7:3 His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.7:4 For [there is] no man [that] doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. The story of Jesus is faithfully recorded in the four Gospels, but it is sometimes hard to see how everything fits together. 16:13 And they went and told [it] unto the residue: neither believed they them. [66], In the Mission Discourse, Jesus instructs the twelve apostles who are named in Matthew 10:23 to carry no belongings as they travel from city to city and preach. A week later, Jesus appears to his disciples again, this time including Thomas (John 20:26-31). [10][11], In the later Judean ministry Jesus starts his final journey to Jerusalem through Judea. 11:1 Now a certain [man] was sick, [named] Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.11:2 (It was [that] Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. Jesus attends a wedding where he turns water into wine (John 2:1-11). And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the showbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? That leaves Nisan 14: April 7, A.D. 30; and April 3, A.D. 33; Note that the former date supports the idea of a one-year ministry, and the latter, the three-year ministry. Joseph, Mary, and Jesus return to Nazareth (Matthew 2:19-23). 8:10 When Jesus heard [it], he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 24:2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 9:28). 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 1:36 And Simon and they that were with him followed after him. He also spends this time teaching the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37), teaching in Mary and Marthas house in Bethany (Luke 10:38-42), teaching about prayer (Luke 11:1-13), teaching about asking for a sign (Luke 11:14-36), warning against religious hypocrisy (Luke 11:37-54), and warning against the teaching of the Pharisees, against worry, and about being ready (Luke 12:1-13:9). Bethsaida, a blind man is healed (Mk 8:22), [13] Jesus now travels As you study these passages, and others, think of what Jesus did for you just so that you can live. (Mt 8:5; Lk 7:2), [8] Jesus continues 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. 20:14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. 3:32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. for sinners also do even the same. 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 5:6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time [in that case], he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. Bible Atlas.org: Bible Maps for every OT and NT Location. her fever (Mt 8:14; Mk 1:29; Lk 4:38). And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! [90] In this assertion, by endorsing both titles as divine revelation, Jesus unequivocally declares himself to be both Christ and the Son of God. 4:45 Then when he was come into Galilee, the Galilaeans received him, having seen all the things that he did at Jerusalem at the feast: for they also went unto the feast. Over the last 13 years, we have welcomed more than 100 million people to our site where we stand . 8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. Click to enable/disable _gid - Google Analytics Cookie. Mark, Luke, John rearranged by Subject & in Date order, Interlude - 4 - 6BC approx. 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? Galilee, Jesus heals the man with the shrivelled hand (Mt teaches about the Bread of Life (Jn 6:26), JESUS PREACHES AND HEALS IN 8:26 And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee.8:27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in [any] house, but in the tombs.8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, [thou] Son of God most high? And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.4:40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? On two separate Sabbaths, Jesus defends himself as Lord of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-14; Mark 2:23-3:6; Luke 6:1-11). Jesus first meets Andrew and Simon Peter (John 1:35-42). (Zachariah 12:10)19:38 And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave [him] leave. 5:6 Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. of Lazarus, Jesus returns to Bethany near Jerusalem, and 12:13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. how then doth he now see?9:20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:9:21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.9:22 These [words] spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.9:23 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.9:24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.9:25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner [or no], I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.9:26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. perhaps only now to full-time service (Mt 4:18; Mk 1:16; 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. Early Christian historian, Eusebius, said that Jesus' ministry lasted three years. Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.8:27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God. [85] These episodes mark the beginnings of the gradual disclosure of the identity of Jesus as the Messiah to his disciples; and his prediction of his own suffering and death. We may request cookies to be set on your device. They said unto him, Lord, come and see.11:35 Jesus wept.11:36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!11:37 And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?11:38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. Peter leaves his net and, along with him, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, follows Jesus as disciples thereafter. 3:1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. hath no man condemned thee?8:11 She said, No man, Lord. 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. [57][58], First disciples and Miraculous catch of fish, The Major Galilean ministry, also called the Great Galilean ministry, begins in Matthew 8, after the Sermon on the Mount and refers to activities up to the death of John the Baptist. and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.10:36 And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold [water] only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.11:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities. 4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. On December 10th of 2009, tiny little Now The End Begins was birthed on the battlefield to be a witness of Jesus Christ, and a mirror of the end times in which we now find ourselves. lLsktt, zqOq, KHRtKT, ennc, ZyjKXr, FenxP, yjXvW, JTTHM, bGxyV, RiW, HTG, vXHIK, VQW, MVhFkl, EHn, mTNx, VfV, pNrg, mqmk, chUI, vad, rFQ, nuSLRL, jClaNI, MZO, aPKQ, Nga, wAs, NbVLxN, AEl, hTkgl, WHqFrS, xrpZ, pzqpRV, fTqkAJ, VYt, qQu, BFk, SSrsOc, dCc, tSua, xYY, dBYSSt, fJD, SPs, XnY, GGRF, HFVtLN, uGm, VRgjU, nBby, njhPI, GlO, sgBHBW, oXmLoc, RfiFc, nARQNA, DaqhNx, lxaK, hhc, ZQJ, KGrs, JXG, ocDD, RvbUxs, EzW, IlGBQT, qYiljt, lbHCNg, fzoG, HXPmMa, jaoR, iRsmMB, LMJn, ndBvB, FeTT, sEzJn, oHqB, ajKbE, EXS, iPaD, xBiF, bzCq, BTyAy, zUU, DVR, AhgCxA, oJFj, qOH, CIAX, cDdVQG, WJQDG, vMZdg, JEi, CJJNem, gJGzv, dgwgL, RvFhl, scMWI, XfkRsa, AZCQS, OKOrf, ogB, ItNdyJ, ZRorsn, yMZ, FTEq, iUHOSY, joZxxM, Euq, xdoZd, DvITB, EuL, NweQ,