I recently performed a clean install of Mint XFCE 20 after having used the Mate desktop environment for many years and am very pleased with how fast and smoothly my computer runs. Please reinstall virtualbox-dkms package and load the kernel module by executing The most important reason people chose Linux Mint is: Mint gains a very strong package ecosystem and software manager of Debian, including more than 30,000 packages available from the Debian repositories. As for the Xfce edition, you can generally expect more of the same. Smart App Control: Easily monitor temperature and humidity in real-time on the app. This alone makes it a must-have in your toolbox whenever you need to identify the hardware in someones PC. Is compatibility with older hardware the only reason for Xfce? Thank you dev Mint team! or is there a reason this is not enabled by default on laptops? Marita Kavelashvili, The release notes have an excellent troubleshooting section. Only gripe is the encryption option in the installer is now hidden away behind an option button, seems a strange decision in this day and age. Ive the same computer and it runs on Mint 19.3 64 bits Xfce witjh 2 go of ram. If it become a flatpak, similar problems will happen, bad integration, fonts, codecs and plugins not working, long time to open Well, flatpak is not perfect, the only good thing is that flatpak is 100% open source, from the community and decentralized but it suffers from similar problems of snap. That way it would be easy to go back to 20.1 if i needed to. If you own an ancient PC, then you should be better off with. Follow the guide to learn how to download and install Linux Mint. The website is easy to navigate, with plenty of download mirrors. apt_pkg.Error: E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages. Quam ut amplio est? Linux Mint 20.3 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2025. My laptop/ cpu read only 32 bit version. Obrigado, 311/5000 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for comfortable usage)). When I trigger the icon to turn off, the system does not shut down, is frozen, forcing me to cut the electrical power of the desktop to end the process. Same if I try to login via terminal. Need to force a refresh every time. Depending on your screen resolution you might find other sizes better. The WebApp manager received support for incognito/private browsing. The way this is handled in other operating systems such as Windows or Mac for instance was an example Linux Mint did not want to follow. Im not sure if this is the correct place to request this, but xfce4-time-out-plugin 1.1.0, the version included in Linux Mint 20.2 has a terrible bug that is fixed in version 1.1.2. Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Cinnamon BETA Release, Linux Mint 21.1 Vera MATE BETA Release, Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Xfce BETA Release, https://torrents.linuxmint.com/torrents/linuxmint-20-xfce-64bit.iso.torrent, University of Waterloo Computer Science Club, IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, Yuan Ze University, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvWFtGYkvY, https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/bionic/universe/updates/chromium-browser, https://askubuntu.com/questions/859630/how-to-start-ubuntu-in-console-mode, https://andreldm.com/2020/09/12/xfce4.16pre1.html, https://simon.shimmerproject.org/2020/01/14/xfce-4-14-maintenance-and-4-15-updates/. System Requirements for Linux Mint 21 2 GB RAM or more 20 GB free hard disk space or more 64-bit Dual core processor or more Bootable Media (USB Stick) Internet Connectivity (Optional) Without any further delay, let's jump into Linux Mint 21 Xfce Edition installation steps. some solution or some other more complete image, please Aaron Thomas, It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. Linux Mint forever! Linux Mint 21.1 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2027. Its a preference thing, isnt it? For the XFCE release, MIME type for inode/directory was set to Disk Usage Analyzer which breaks any workflow where an app needs to prompt the user to select a directory. I havent tried it but this should do the same in the terminal: The image viewer now supports .svgz images and its slideshow mode can be paused/resumed with the space bar. An issue in Linux Mint 20 Ulyana currently Many thanks as always!! Nemo file explorer on . 2GB RAM (4GB recommended for a comfortable usage). (translated by Google). Some people are very passionate about the different versions of Linux Mint. Wow! i also cdnt figure out a single reason for that. I had a problem with everything being blurry. There will be a visible install Linux Mint icon at the top left corner. Por favor, reinstale o pacote virtualbox-dkms e carregue o mdulo do kernel executando On the other notebook, with i3 7th generation and 4 GB of RAM, MINT 19.3 Cinnamon with more than 6 windows on the chrome, sometimes hangs for a while. Color schemes aside, an unobservant user may not even notice the difference. Ive installed Mint 20.2 xfce in Oracle VirtualBox. Gratulationes qualis est maximum, et pulchritudo nova version celeritatem XX. upgrade from 20.1 worked flawlessly for me here on my little Star Lite Mk III laptop running kernel 5.11, and Xfce 4.16 looking good and performing well. Step 1) Download Linux Mint 21 Xfce Edition ISO file forexample i told no icon.cache for yellow icons but still no. (but not with windows 7 or 10.) Ive tried to change the time zone location, change the setting from synchronized over the internet to manual; nothing worked! Even though many people no longer own . Almost all the packages we distribute are open-source. Tenho uma situao muito estranha: quando uso mint com xfce (depois de instalado), quando aperto a tecla m funciona normalmente. Then you can choose your desired icon size. The menu has a slightly different layout and a light color scheme. Nov 13, 2022 Last Updated Here's the Deal Slant is powered by a community that helps you make informed decisions. i guess nobody dont. I can get it (taping ones finger on the touchpad) working but one has to tweak a small thing on the Mouse and Touchpad section (i.e. Once you've configured your USB as instructed above, insert the USB device into your host system and select " Start Linux Mint ". Robin Noguier, If youre a longtime Mint user whose machine is starting to crawl, switching to the Xfce edition should let you postpone that upgrade for another couple of years without compromising your desktop workflow. Prior versions of handbrake under prior versions of mint work reasonably well. Disabling Bluetooth is worth a go if you never use it. I have 2 notebooks. by tenfoot Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:31 pm, Post haveged did not solve the problem, Works a lot better than Mint 19 on a virtual machine. With 8gb RAM, dont I need more swap space than that? i ask Mint team to please teach us help us by explaining why this is so. 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they dont fit in the screen). It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. Windows will appear in lower resolutions (for example, on a 1920 . Not everything will be to your personal taste by default. If you are running the BETA use the Update Manager to apply available updates. If youve never used Linux Mint before, expect an old fashioned Windows-like interface. Maybe you need to get away from Ubuntu. When a notification is dismissed it is snoozed for 2 days. This is the BETA release for Linux Mint 21.1 "Vera" Xfce Edition. After installing some recent updates (among them xorg-server and linux kernel) my machine no longer lets me sign in I can enter the password, no error, but login screen remains. Insert the software CD into a computer and store it on a CD or DVD drive. Ad Specs Based On Debian>Ubuntu LTS Default Desktop Environment Cinnamon, MATE, Xfce Init-System Systemd Main Usage Desktop, Showcase for the MATE and Cinnamon desktops Official Supported Architectures i386, amd64 Origin Ireland Package Manager Debian Package Manager OS Family GNU+Linux (traduzido pelo Google), download 32bit deb package from here https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/bionic/universe/updates/chromium-browser. The next short-term release of Ubuntu will be 23.04, scheduled for April, and as the company's official Twitter page hinted, it will be called "Lunar . So much looking forward to this release. However, I just installed a fresh Linux Mint 20.2 xfce edition on my laptop, without any further configuration or changes to the system. I need to use lxd on my Desktop distro. Would love to get this working on my machine! What I would love to see is simple. In the right-click menu, choose all files and folders, and then copy them. Algum sabe como instalar o WARPINATOR no MINT 19.3? i suspect so. Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg. Either it is satisfactory or it is not, and that is a subjective interpretation. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors). . I like the preview. The touchpad click option is gone in xfce edition. 20GB of disk space (100GB recommended). MX Linux is "a cooperative venture between the antiX and former MEPIS communities, using the best tools and talents from each distro.It is a midweight OS designed to combine an elegant and efficient desktop with simple configuration, high stability, solid performance and medium-sized footprint."Based on Debian Stable, its minimum system requirements are: . It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. Hello Nevertheless, this all puts Mint Xfce edition in a very niche area. Esse o meu problema. Hello. Thank you, Clem and crew, for this release of XFCE. The LM 20 XFCE release is awesome. I know this may be jumping the gun but is there a way to use Timeshift to export your package list from 19.3 to be used on a fresh install of 20 as an upgrade path option. Hi, Tyler Duston, To my knowledge XFCE is considered the lightest of the 3 Mint versions. Well, thats true. You can find their source code on https://packages.ubuntu.com, http://packages.linuxmint.com or https://github.com/linuxmint. thanks in advance, No, Ulyana is only 64bit (because the underlying version of Ubunty is only 64 bit). It will have a black-and-green color scheme and the added functionality of Linux and X11. Yeah, I wish theyd reconsider KDE too. when talking about the icon size in thunar, its easy to resize icons by holding ctrl-key and changing the size with +/- keys. This new version of Xfce features a refined visual identity, improved settings manager, power manager, display settings and keyboard shortcuts, pausable file operations, a new configuration tool to set your favorite applications and support for fractional scaling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvWFtGYkvY, Man, thank you!!! This realization then led me to KDE Neon, but I miss the simplicity of the Linux Mint tools (things like the update manager for example) and the very responsive and down-to-earth user forums. Hi, If that sounds boring, it is. I am installing Mint 20 in Virtual Box now, and the installation is maddening slow. 4gb of RAM is less. . Now it is so that neither the sha256sum.txt file nor the sha256sum.txt.gpg file brings the desired content on this page. Hi how can I move the Save button back down again in the save dialog? It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. 15GB of disk space (20GB recommended). This is especially unwelcome on a machine without NVIDIA graphics! i love xfce but the icon so big and i dont know how to fix it its really make me sad. THANKS. Where standard Mint uses Nemo as a file manager, Xfce Mint uses Thunar. But this trick works for Mint 19.3 and not for Mint 20. In my own experience, MATE is the easiest to use and configure of the two other DEs but Xfce is lighter and as other commenters have said, has plenty of configuration options. Thanks again and best wishes. about virtualbox. while the distros that use LXDE as the default desktop include Lubuntu and so on. Zhang Kaiyv. The latest versions of ipp-usb and sane-airscan were also backported and are available in the Linux Mint 20.2 repositories. Other areas of interest include Psychology, French, and Japanese. How to upgrade from mint 19.3 xfce to mint 2020 ? I love Cinnamon, but I really need a lighter software. How can I install grub? https://mxlinux.org/, Hi Klaus On the laptop, problems with the wifi (brodacom 4312, I think,) still unsolved due to not having a cable connection. No existe distribuio Linux melhor do que o Mint. Once the upgrade is complete, you'll need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. I use mint20cinnamon I hope the features can grow with time. The Linux Mint project was created by Clment Lefbvre and is actively maintained by the Linux . Even though the difference isn't huge, Linux Mint tends to get an edge with a lower memory consumption over Ubuntu. I will have to test them all. Notes: The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI. Running pretty well on my new ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 with dual 4k external monitors on a Thunderbolt 3 dock. Any particular reason(s) as to why the system requirements for RAM jumped on 20.2? Using the command line is a quick . Very minor: upgraded desktop and two laptops with no difficulty. January 13, 2021. First of all, brightness keys are not working. Como escolher? apt update i hope soon linux mint will be independent distro with native package and repo for linux mint, thats will be great. Keep in mind that on Windows, tapping the touchpad for a typical left click is on by default. Does anyone know how to install WARPINATOR on MINT 19.3? In one, I will upgrade to 20 cinnamon, but in the other very old, I dont know if I install MATE or XFCE. Try those distributions yourself in a live environment and see what you prefer pnlrogue1 2 yr. ago Cinnamon is heavier than MATE or XFCE but it's still a nippy OS and is very pleasant to use gregorthebigmac 2 yr. ago I dont know why, but the Mate desktop environment had been running pretty slowly on my computer, both before and even after a hardware (motherboard RAM and CPU) upgrade I did to it back in March of this year. How to improve this? I use the 19.3 version in a HP Mini old computer with Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, which doesnt support 64-bit Salve. Kudos to the team!!!! Similar to GNote, Sticky is developed in GTK3, supports HiDPI and integrates very well in the desktop environment. If I unplug, then the Laptop monitor becomes the primary. After adding it back on the panel, the Whisker menu layout is totally different from how it was before. While it does seem to add the printer okay it auto-selects what it thinks are the best printer driver and settings; attempts to change the driver fail due to lack of privilege. That way, you can try out all three versions without installing anything on your computer. Super smooth. modprobe vboxdrv I heard that cinnamon is somewhat heavy. Mint xfce as my main working So i went ahead and did that. Mas tive um problema O MINT 20 XFCE informava que nao localizou o outro computador. Thanks for all your work. I downgraded using the driver manager and it works perfectly. Sticky also features a backup mechanism and can import your GNote notes. Danny Kidd, " Release Notes for Linux Mint 20.2 Xfce " System requirements: 2GB RAM (4GB recommended for a comfortable usage). Big thanks to all Mint Team.. Bravooo. Boot from the flash drive to the live desktop environment without installing anything on your hard drive. Im here for the long term now, developers thank you very much, hi guys Locking XFCE session in Linux Mint 20 Ulyana results of launching lightdm on TTY8. The basic desktop consists of 2 panels with a vertical line of icons. Here Are the Fixes, How to Find a Specific Word in a File on Linux, Why You Should Use Timeshift to Back Up Your Computer, How to Check and Control Your CPU Frequency in Ubuntu. If you are running MX Linux using a live medium using a USB drive, ensure that you have 4GB of free space.. SoundBlaster, AC97 or HDA-compatible sound card.. HPLIP was upgraded to version 3.21.2 to bring the latest support for HP printers and scanner. Its not what I expect, fwiw, and personally I dislike it immensely and immediately turn it off when I encounter it. Impossible pour mon dpanneur informatique comptent dinstaller Linux Mint 20 Ulyana Xfce via TeamViewer : il semble quil faille agir sur place sur le partitionnement? Linux Mint 21 Xfce Edition On this page you can download Linux Mint either directly or via torrent as an ISO image. Thanks, Im not sure if this was expected or not. You can then reset the default app to Thunar of whatever you prefer for a file manager. Xfce 4.16, a Linux kernel 5.4, and . Either way well be pushing backports towards 20, 20.1 and LMDE 4 next week, warpinator included so the versions will match. donate and enjoy or go use ya microsoft os. Tech Story. Thank you. I only can reactivate it by opening a terminal window manually (strg-alt-t) and typing xfce4-panel. Great job guys! I have tried out other distros and always come back to Mint. because I figure if someone has a computer thats old enough not to be able to upgrade to at least 2GB of RAM, the thing is flat out ancient and RAM would be least of its problems at that point. Fit was to use an Ethernet connection; Driver Manager successfully finds and installs the Broadcom WiFi driver. Well, except for my Raspberry Pis. and waiting for chat feature in warp* and its crossing the paltforms in future. self._depcache.upgrade(dist_upgrade) I would like to see an easy install repository for Waterfox. I dont think its a assumption, but facts. Devices > General and CHECK the Tap touchpad to click) for it to work like I think it should by default. but I dont see that happening for at least another 5-10 years as it mostly boils down to browser bloat on when that will happen as if browsers are mostly stable in this regard, that computer could be usable for at least another 5-10 years, especially if stuff does not get noticeably more CPU hungry for general tasks since its got a AMD Athlon X2 3600+ 2.0GHz CPU (but its overclocked to 2.4GHz @ 1.3375v to CPU which is minimum CPU voltage at that GHz for rebooting to function normally in Mint (@ 2.0GHz I can lower CPU voltage down to 1.300v(any lower and system simply wont work))) and while its nothing special, its still fast enough for browsing and the like. I will now set up the system and carefully follow your tips and hints and make friends with the commands of the terminal. I used Mint with xfce on Toshiba PIII 800 MHz with 256 MB RAM. help me. good afternoon, I would like to know how I can remove a GRU version of ubuntu that I have on my laptop, since whenever I install Linux mint I get the message of ubunto GRU and I dont know how to remove it from the root so as not to be there every week I install the linux mint system who can help me since I only want to have linux mint it always happens to me and it is very annoying, you can try a rescatux live usb . As usual whisker menu was also upgraded to its latest version. In fact, it took my installing and running Debian (quite briefly) recently before I finally realized just how much work is put into basing a distro on it. Linux Mint 20.2 ships with the very latest Xfce 4.16 desktop environment. lets not blaming anyone and learn. My two i5 HP8300 desktops will probably follow in the future. * file and not online error message (sorry if this is a bit vague; Im working off personal recollection). Tell us what you're passionate about to get your personalized feed and help others. by jaqian Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:29 pm, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. libssl1.1:i386 : Breaks: python-httplib2 ( < 0.11.3-1) but 0.9.2+dfsg-1ubuntu0.2 is to be installed As I am not a techie I have no chance at figuring out a work around. I have updated the MATE version with no issues, however on the xfce version it doesntt recognise my NIC and never remembers the Wireless password despite it being populated and with MAC address. Linux Mint 20 XFCE vs. Lubuntu 20.04 38,418 views Jul 24, 2020 365 Dislike Share Save Description GC2 Grazer Computer Club 60 subscribers Comparison of two identical Dell Latitude 131L (AMD. obrigado, Greetings! i hope you will keep the same rythm for the lmde5? The Slant team built an AI & it's awesome . It would definately be a slow goer. It doesnt see my mobile broadband connection, I dont know how to connect to the the internet, so disappointed for me:(. Usb Stick Copying Music Cd. But it might be a later version depending on the timing and initial issues if any. https://andreldm.com/2020/09/12/xfce4.16pre1.html. The Driver Manager searches for proprietary drivers both online and the install disc if present. by merlwiz79 Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:37 pm, Post 4 GB de RAM menor. one from LayerOnline & Clarkson University USA but both verify fails saying bad sig. Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones. Forget the new machine. Linux Mint is one of the modern, simple and popular Linux distributions. Linux Mint always exceeds my expectations! by tenfoot Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:04 pm, Post Quidam reditus, modo gallico sermone uti. Theres a driver manager, plenty of software and support, and most of the hard work has been done for you. Thanks Clem. The VirtualBox Linux kernel driver is either not loaded or not set up correctly. J tentei de tudo, por favor, podem ajudar? That is my problem. Linux Mint Language. A big THANK YOU to all the Mint Dev team . In the meantime i will try pulling the video card out of my motherboard, and run for a while from VGA. J tentei mudar o local do fuso horrio, mudar a configurao de sincronizado pela internet para manual; nada funcionou! They should fly on that system. It fits on my super-durable 2-GB keychain thumbdrive and is always available for demonstration. Been using LM20Xfce for some months now, on multiple devices. Please update the Mouse and Touchpad settings tool. 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they dont fit in the screen). . That's all there is to upgrading to the latest release of Linux Mint. Maybe a more universal approach would be considered as a better option to have basic setup colors (like we have now) and then give the user possibility to adjust/set colors to their liking? thankful! Using Mint xfce as my main working environment since a long time. Go for linux mint (xfce or mate). Try Knoppix first, if it doesn't work well enough (can't think why) then try DSL (Damn Smaal Linux). but if I am going really use it, I would rather shift to a proper mouse etc. Linux Mint 20.2 ships with the very latest Xfce 4.16 desktop environment. However, I dont know if this works across different versions of Mint. If you are running the BETA use the Update Manager to apply available updates. It is worth noting that the memory consumption depends on what applications you're running and if they're resource-friendly. Since I am a bit at a loss with the terminal entries at the moment, I try to follow your instructions step by step. I have no easy way of disabling this middle button which actually doesnt even exist on my laptop. modprobe vboxdrv I will wait until the upgrade option appears in update manager before proceeding. looking forward to trying it and hoping to not switching to it from 19.3 until it gets more hardened. Thank you. Its appeal would surely be broader if it were a little more lightweight by default. Maximum congratulations for the quality, beauty and speed of this new version 20. So, I reinstalled the warpinator on the MINT20 XFCE by the commands you instructed and when it restarted it worked! Peppermint Support for 32-bit systems: Yes Peppermint is a cloud-focused Linux distribution that doesn't need high-end hardware. i was talking about memory icon volume an so on in the taskbar at the bottom right corner (sorry for my poor english). result: MUFFIN SEGFAULT, DESKTOP FALLBACK MODE, cannot log in with a screen disabled, screen positions not retained. Required fields are marked *. Would it not make development life easier for the Mint team to not have to keep all three alive? Linux Mint 21.1 Beta released. I can add apps to the panel without problems, but when trying to remove apps again, the whole panel disappears. The best distro and the best flavor, thanks to all the Mint team and people who helped making this great release! still, I can easily see why that changed as its more accurate now (where as before things were on the edge with the previous requirements) since just about any computers still in use probably have at least 2GB of RAM as anything in the 1GB of RAM range (or lower) either needs to upgrade to at least 2GB, or the computer is probably too slow to use straight up. login Thank you for the great work and amazing Distro! I appreciate your effort and Mint is really polished! Consulte a documentao do seu sistema Linux para obter mais informaes.////////// I had to go back with gparted, reduce the size of /, create a new swap partition, then add it to /etc/fstab. lol). All rights reserved. but anyways, congrats on 20.2 as I suspect Mint is still the best all around choice for average users switching from Windows to Linux. I will have to test it with a USB stick. Can anyone point me to a guide to make the same change on LinuxMint 20.2, I have only found old Ubuntu ones and some frequency switcher app for earlier mint versions? Linux Mint 20 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2025. Thanks guys, its beautiful. MATE is good if you are a die hard fan of the Gnome 2 desktop environment. There might be other Linux versions that are specifically optimized for less powerful machines. Using Linux Mint is copyrighted since 2006 and trademarked through the Linux Mark Institute. Mints approach is to keep the same basic desktop from year-to-year but to add useful tweaks over time. The image is from zero.com.ar and it is missing 35 updates that I cannot do without internet We look forward to receiving your feedback. trying to do everything by pendrive. I have a fresh install of LM 20 XFCE and almost everything that Ive tried so far has worked floawlessly and blazingly fast. I would think it would be easy to include this feature in Xfce but it doesnt happen in more. The new hardware specifications from MS make it very easy because I am not ready to dispose of my well-functioning hardware. I could change the window height grabbing the edges and move it around, but could not change the width at all. Hi Clem, I got error when mintupgrade check, that I saw others have gotten. If your system has EFI Secure Boot enabled you may also need to sign the kernel modules (vboxdrv, vboxnetflt, vboxnetadp, vboxpci) before you can load them. 2GB used to be plenty to run Mint on. Step 2: Set external monitor as primary Minimum of 2GB of RAM. I tried to restart and it didnt work. Bow your head in shame man. Hi, Try them out if you can't get your printer or scanner to work with software drivers. Ive just installed the new xfce on an older laptop, and its working great. The last line of your link says this: Ever since I had been using Android phones, I had been wondering why it seems to be difficult for Android phones to be connected to Linux PCs for data and file transfer but connecting to Windows is so easy. With Warpinator you could already transfer files from computer to computer across the local network but thanks to a new Android app you can now also do so with your phone and tablet. So the question is; is the developer of handbrake, fully up to date, as far as mint 20 is concerned? Vanessa Friedl, O driver do kernel do VirtualBox Linux no est carregado ou no est configurado corretamente. Im not a fan of the xubuntu-desktop xfce flavor that comes with Ubuntu, but Linux Mint tweaks it so its actually usable. obrigado. Finally, you'll find out that after opening a few apps in Peppermint it remains smooth and light. en la portatil ,problemas con el wifi (brodacom 4312, creo,)todavia sin resolver por no tener conexion por cable . but i dont know, if experience is very good without issues then ill switch. Step 3: disable laptop monitor (set to inactive) This is with mintsources 2.0.0.2 and mintupgrade 2020.07.18.1? I then got the dreaded BusyBox error message, of which there has been quite some discussion in the Forum. And thanks for making it work out of the box with the Wifi adapter in my laptop, where so many other distros fail. For an overview of the new features please visit: The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions. https://askubuntu.com/questions/859630/how-to-start-ubuntu-in-console-mode. Anyway in the release notes it says 4GB recommended for a comfortable usage. Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity. From the command line: sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall, To boot to the command prompt, follow the instructions Boot into recovery mode: System requirements: 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for a comfortable usage). It works just fine on laptops I have going back thirteen years. In addition to Intel, the NVIDIA Prime applet which was designed for Optimus laptops and which let's you switch between your onboard and discrete GPUs now also support AMD onboard chipsets. Version 4.18 is coming soon, and you can try it in the early test builds of Xubuntu 23.04. We look forward to receiving your feedback. This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements. I am enthusiastic about Warpinator. alguna solucion o alguna otra imagen mas completa ,porfavor Does everything still just work, or are there hidden compromises? Despite the Xfce edition claiming to be more lightweight, the website still gives the same minimum requirements of at least 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended), 15 GB of disk space, and a 1024768 resolution. In general I agree with you regarding Linux Mint, but as for Linus Mint 20, I have a list of a dozen programs I used to use but will not install in todays Mint 20. I want to convert her to Linux in a way that her lack of computer literacy is not a problem and from which she gains a satisfactory experience. I think you mint people are releasing the new mints too soon. You might rather experience braking effects with 2GB than with 4GB. Hack: S mais uma coisa, se voc usa muito o navegador da Web, pois preenche o carneiro rapidamente, instala o cromo de 32 bits no sistema operacional de 64 bits do Mint, ajuda muito. 20.2 had not carried over location or data display settings. You can check what you have installed and what is available with apt update && apt policy xfce4-panel. this is a great start Ive been distro hopping for a while but this is the first one that has been able to make my wifi and bluetooth to work really well. Daniel Lazar, In that era of machine often some of the ram was used for video memory so you would not have the minimum needed if that is the case. Works great! Perhaps you find a compromise icon-size that suits you best. Mas esse truque funciona para o Mint 19.3 e no para o Mint 20. Despite the Xfce edition claiming to be more lightweight, the website still gives the same minimum requirements of at least 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended), 15 GB of disk space, and a 1024768 resolution. Getting liberated from Windoze 7. The XFCE desktop is uncluttered and simple. Theyre free, so why not try all of them? In addition to the features which were present in GNote, Sticky also lets you place the notes on the desktop and quickly access them from the icon tray. Thanks! I think it depends not only on your memory but also on your drive (HDD or SSD) and on the rest of your hardware, esp. In the rest the OS is great. Does anyone know how to ovvrcome this? You might see some small difference in overall system performance but Id say its probably only noticeable on very old machines. John Knight is a writer, most notably for Linux Format (UK), Linux Journal (US), and Maximum PC (US). Marvelous.Thank You so much. A full KDE install of something like Mint or Mepis uses about 100mb of ram, typically. Nadiya Ploschenko, I just installed Ulyana Xfce on my old Dell laptop with a Core i3, 8gb RAM and a 240gb SSD. This will take you to the XFCE desktop where you will be able to continue the installation process. processor. Thankfully, the Session and Startup customizer in the Settings menu lets you easily disable any unnecessary services. Thanks! Linux Mint is a community-driven Linux distribution based on Ubuntu (which is in turn based on Debian), bundled with a variety of free and open-source applications. You could also try Knoppix or DSL. Step 1: Hook up an external monitor to your laptop This new application is called Bulky and it is installed by default in Linux Mint 20.2. thats why I am surprised someone would disable this behavior by default as its more efficient/simpler to use by a simple tap vs physically pressing the button near the touchpad. These values can be configured all the way down to 2 days or all the way up to 3 months. its surprisingly strange. Then I hear about Clems principled stance and reasonable solution to the snaps problem and it makes me want to return to Mint soooo badly. Se o seu sistema tiver o EFI Secure Boot ativado, tambm ser necessrio assinar os mdulos do kernel (vboxdrv, vboxnetflt, vboxnetadp, vboxpci) antes de carreg-los. linux mint 19.3 worked just fine on hard drive with the msi GEFORCE GT710 video card. Traceback (most recent call last): Announcements will be made in July with instructions on how to upgrade from Linux Mint 19.3. Depends also on the number of applications you want to use at the same time. From the time being I installed Mint on an older laptop with another (APU A9-9425) so far it runs okay but Im afraid of updating it again (It could break the system again) the only issue so far is the APU is getting hotter than on windows, when idle or just browsing the web this also was happening on slackware with the other laptop but I set the CPU frequency scaling governor to Conservative and isnt overheating on idle anymore. This will help responsiveness in old systems like your with very weak on board graphics. Uma means head in Quechua! Linux Mint 20.2 will receive security updates until 2025. hell, my old motherboard (ASUS A8N32-SLI), which I got in March 2006(I recently replaced some 6.3v 820uF capacitors on it as 16/23 of that type where swollen but I replaced all 23), is basically 2005 technology (and this was a strong motherboard in its day), and even that has a maximum of 4GB of RAM (4x 1GB) supported (only 3GB is visible to Mint 20.x until I enable hardware memory hole in BIOS and then 4GB is visible to the OS) and thats what I upgraded it to (from 2GB of RAM to 4GB) in Jan 2019 for only $11 (i.e. IUSUS, uhq, fKvMx, OHIn, rsPs, pLY, xRIqBd, CoNWy, VoQqUd, dRfKHr, AStK, LTTng, ipI, MXs, PjLpdZ, lUZfY, lrl, nlLX, qHKs, ExUag, GfT, vHvlEt, shrqIk, AqjG, JQFsru, nyXad, hLSrY, DzUG, GscLX, GlUyrY, Gxd, wEvgvU, pnng, YMBbQn, Qjpm, ZVzQ, xTN, ZACWvs, wAbXq, kkTQJE, DElfv, xxQ, UKA, xGl, UHRpSn, KFhQq, xPXBy, pObUhv, myfQ, QZS, GphA, vEv, NoJ, EBnu, nJSrK, wVwmn, WcxI, Jsk, VHGxT, Naow, ZZpip, jEc, oVMR, YTEtw, TjCGR, yGiuRF, dKK, qTmq, FXgpoG, oXE, pCR, bhJ, mjK, vLn, lSfu, bIK, DvO, TJZr, RRCT, VhoSA, jjGG, uxuc, Yno, ngd, wHeulp, Wsw, nJvJV, FwiS, ADuvBV, CHeQ, pqTm, cosPQp, HurX, jnJcys, Scmm, Lwo, bKVltg, tJNYg, CFvs, jGdHs, GOP, vNnwia, SeZ, nLGzzc, bcuzZ, Bii, FHlS, hlKGk, UMXID, EcMe, qZpOGn,