Nashville Christian School coach Jeff Brothers was a Vanderbilt defensive back from 1990-93 when Fisher was at WSMV-4. 6 Louisville some trouble before losing 75-70 last Sunday. LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville men's basketball program's trip out to the Maui Invitational was not exactly kind to them. 2022 www.courier-journal.com. The change didnt help his productivity. Returnee: El Ellis (6-foor-3 sr.) Newcomers: Fabio Basili (6-4 fr. Below are some of the more impactful takeaways from the availability with the head coach Kenny Payne and the players. Strong, a 6-foot-6 guard, averaged 5.5 points, 2.5 assists and 2.0 rebounds in games against Tennessee and Tennessee Wesleyan. But hes yet to show the sort of offensive consistency that could earn him steady minutes. "I know I have guys on my roster like that and they are making me better. "I saw a kid that was searching to find out who he is. LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) Garrett Tipton had 21 points, Bash Wieland added 13 and Bellarmine survived a late Louisville rally to stun the Cardinals 67-66 on Wednesday night and spoil Kenny Paynes debut as coach. The University of Louisville men's basketball team is on the wrong side of history to start the season. He ranks second on TSU's all-time career passing yards list with 8,653. But leadership is more than just using your voice. And theres no indication yet, even amid mounting losses, that Payne has lost his team. He entered the transfer portal and transferred to Xavier but never played there. This marks the third year the event will be in Nashville. It's hard because everybody, the whole world, is paying attention and there's a lot of outside sources, a lot of negativity out there, forward JJ Traynor said. Returnee: El Ellis (6-foor-3 sr.) Newcomers: Fabio Basili (6-4 fr. Mark Humphrey, who has spent 40 years as a sports photographer for The Associated Press in Nashville, will retire on Nov. 22. Soon it balloons when Louisvilles offense panics. The point guard shot 8 of 18 from the floor, along with a 9 for 11 mark at the foul line. (Payne) was just talking about having players that are positionless.". And then we just have to take more pride in getting back in transition, running harder, playing harder and not making the same mistakes more than once. Hercy Miller. All rights reserved. Miller, a walk-on who transferred from Tennessee State, is known more for his defense than for running an offense. He comes to work every day, he's fighting. Basili averaged 13.4 points a game during his career and hit 53 percent from the field, including 40 percent from three-point range. The five highest-rated sports events locally for the week ending Nov. 13: 2. Sign up at nmtnfca.org/fca-sports-basketball#SkillsClinicForm. I know what you'll give me defensively. Ree needs development, but hes said to be a knockdown shooter in practice when he gets catch-and-shoot opportunities with his feet set. Visit ESPN for the game summary of the Louisville Cardinals vs. Arkansas Razorbacks NCAAM basketball game on November 21, 2022 Hercy Miller made Free Throw. As you can imagine, the team is using this as motivation heading into the new season. To the Cardinals, they don't view being short in the backcourt as a weakness, and think that several guys will have a hand in running their offense. He is also a co-host of the 'From The Pink Seats' podcast on the State of Louisville network. Thats down from 6.1 per game last season, when Curry averaged 14.8 paint points over his final five games. Louisville head coach Kenny Payne met with the media to discuss the start of exhibition play ahead of the 2022-23 regular season. They can't go out there and play for us. "Hercy Miller, I'm just asking him to be solid. But is Keg of Nails back? Louisville is the 171st-rated team in Division I basketball at analytics site KenPom.com. So I'm blaming myself. In fact, Payne wishes they'd had been picked even lower. Media day takeaways:What motivates the Cardinals and other takeaways from media day. One of the biggest storylines throughout the entire offseason regarding Louisville has been the perceived lack of ball-handlers. Analysis: James, who missed all of last season with an Achilles injury, started in the Lenoir-Rhyne exhibition and has won significant praise from Payne. If you have an item for Midstate Chatter contact Mike Organ at 615-259-8021 or on Twitter @MikeOrganWriter. Louisville made just six field goals during an ice-cold, 25-point first half. but the game-winning layup was waived off. Because giving 80%, the other guys see it. "Well, I don't see shot-blocking, I don't see contesting at the rim. Assisted by Hercy Miller. ", "You only can tell what character is through adverse situations, and that's what we're trying to do, establish who we are as players," he said. LOUISVILLE, Ky. -The Louisville men's basketball program held their annual Media Day on Wednesday, and you can imagine, the Cardinals had plenty to discuss regarding the upcoming 2022-23 season. One of Louisvilles issues a season ago, when it went 13-19 under coach Chris Mack with whom U of L reached a separation agreement in January and interim coach Mike Pegues, was a lack of clear player tiers. He will be joined later in the week by the other drivers who made the NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs along with rookie of the year Austin Cindric, Xfinity Series champion Ty Gibbs and Camping World Truck Series champion Zane Smith. "I don't care where theygot him ranked. You can follow Louisville Report for future coverage by liking us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: Facebook - @LouisvilleReportTwitter - @UofLReportInstagram - @louisville_report, You can also follow Deputy Editor Matthew McGavic at @Matt_McGavic on Twitter, '16 Sport Administration graduate of the University of Louisville, and native of the Derby City. But given the amount of new faces with the program, both amongst the coaching staff and the player roster, it's hard to truly evaluate what the team is or what they are capable of doing. Luther Allen, who helped lead Murfreesboro Central to the 1970 Class AAA state football championship, died on Nov. 15. "I want this team to earn everything they get," he said. Payne is seeing some good things. WebVisit ESPN for the game summary of the Louisville Cardinals vs. Arkansas Razorbacks NCAAM basketball game on November 21, 2022 Hercy Miller made Free Throw. When I evaluated him and talked to him and talked to the people who played against him and with him, that's not what they said. Men's College Basketball News. LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville men's basketball program's trip out to the Maui Invitational was not exactly kind to them. Either could spell Curry at center, but that leaves limited playing time for Wheeler, who might have the best combination of length and athleticism of the lot. Junior Destinee Wells, who scored 20 points in each of Belmont's first two games, was named the Missouri Valley Conference player of the week. ); Kamari Lands (6-8 fr. Miller also was a high school official for 18 years and an NCAA official for several years, earning recognition as one of the top 25 basketball officials in OVC history. Returnee: El Ellis (6-foor-3 sr.) Newcomers: Fabio Basili (6-4 fr. Louisville had its moments against the Hurricanes (8-1, 1-0 ACC). Dating back to last season, U of L has lost 21 of its past 24 games. Last season, no Louisville player scored more than Noah Lockes 9.6 points per game. Humphrey has shot the Tennessee Titans/Oilers every season since their arrival 26 years ago. He entered the transfer portal and transferred to Xavier but never played there. Two individuals who were associated with Austin Peay athletics former Voice of the Governors Bill Herndon and former athletics director Johnny Miller - died on Monday. ", Payne:Louisville basketball players 'have to see their work pay off' with a win. And though Payne has insisted Basili is good enough to play at this level, hell likely need some seasoning. Brandon Huntley-Hatfield added 10. ); Hercy Miller (6-3 so.). I know where your heart is, I know you work very hard. 6' 3'' 180 lbs . The official 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster for the University of Louisville Cardinals. "Fabio is a good basketball player, still has a lot to learn," he said. So we are going to help him do that.. The Bruins lost Wednesday at MTSU 80-62. '," he said. U of L point guard El Ellis, the leading returning scorer on the Cardinals' roster has also heard the talk and it ticks him off. Facing Louisville for the first time since 2006, the Knights trailed 15-14 before scoring 11 consecutive points for the lead. Payne knows that lessons to a losing team can fall on deaf ears. Facing Louisville for the first time since 2006, the Knights trailed 15-14 before scoring 11 consecutive points for the lead. Three of its six losses are understandable. It has been for a while. Thats different, he's a kid. Forward Brandon Huntley-Hatfield secured his first career double-double with a final line of 12 points and 10 rebounds in 38 minutes. WebThe official 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster for the University of Louisville Cardinals. Video gamer, bourbon drinker and dog lover. Especially at a tradition-rich program unaccustomed even to mediocrity, let alone ineptitude. But we got to do it for longer stretches.. The Cards trailed by as many as 32 points. Its better when it is the way it is now. Guard El Ellis had seven points on 1-for-10 shooting and committed six turnovers. "(Jae'Lyn)'s talented, hes really talented," Payne said. 6 Louisville some trouble before losing 75-70 last Sunday. Now, they have to want that. It's not all on the coaches. Get the latest Louisville Cardinals Basketball storylines, highlights, expert analysis, scores and more. Even after we stopped calling games together at Vanderbilt we remained close friends. Miller did not score in the first game, a 67-66 loss to Bellarmine, and then played 11 minutes and had three points, one assist, one steal and one turnover in a 73-72 loss to Wright State. He had as many turnovers (two) as rebounds. I dont even know where we were picked, 11th or whatever. The Belmont women's basketball team gave No. The Cardinals will open the season on Nov. 9 with a game against Bellarmine in the KFC Yum Center. We have everybody on this team that can play any position. He is also a co-host of the 'From The Pink Seats' podcast on the State of Louisville network. In Louisvilles most recent game, a loss in Maui to Cincinnati, he inserted Traynor into the starting lineup in place of center Sydney Curry. And he has to do it while striking a balance with his own offense. Will over skill, I'll take that.. "Hercy Miller, Mike James, and Kamari Lands and Devin Ree. Maybe thats a great sign for the Cardinals depth. "That's what so special about our group, we have guys that can do everything," Ellis said. "There's not one player in that locker room that I don't love. LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville men's basketball program held their annual Media Day on Wednesday, and you can imagine, the Cardinals had plenty to discuss regarding the upcoming 2022-23 season. The official 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster for the University of Louisville Cardinals. Will pairing with El Ellis unlock it? Payne has experimented more with his top two point guards starter El Ellis and reserve Hercy Miller sharing the court so Ellis can play off the ball, the better to maximize his scoring skills. So I am telling Syd, Syd, youre a leader, you cant come in last in the running, and youre a leader. But as far as the other two guards, true freshman Fabio Basili and transfer Hercy Miller, Payne admits there might be a nit of a learning curve, but he is confident in their abilities to be meaningful factors for the Cardinals in the backcourt. Who is going to get a rush, who is going to be fighting within a team concept. I can't talk about an opponent until I get players to conquer themselves. ", "Hes fighting the conditioning, just to be honest with you," Payne said. I wished they had picked us 12th. The two first met when Fisher was a sports anchor for WMSV-4 and Gromos was Vanderbilt's starting quarterback as a sophomore in 1985. Center need a win. Just be solid for me, and I'll play you. The Cardinals have just three scholarship true guards on the roster, with just one of them being a returner from last year's squad in El Ellis. Legendary TSU coach John Merritt called Adams "the best college quarterback in the country, bar none," in Adams' junior season in 1979. A former junior college All-American at Tallahassee Community College, Ellis quickly became a key figure for the Cardinals last season. Rodgers-Cromartie was a cornerback from 2004-07 who made the All-Ohio Valley Conference first team three consecutive seasons and was an FCS All-American as a senior. ", Louisville Confident in Team-Wide Ability to Handle the Ball. Hes not seeing nearly enough of them. "But it's also giving back to our sports and the things that we love for our athletes to be a part of." Analysis: Louisvilles deepest position also features one of its few proven commodities in Curry, who over the final 16 games of last season averaged 10.3 points and 5.9 rebounds and shot 66.7% from the floor. Center, Payne's Culture Change Focusing on Getting Players to "Conquer Themselves". Source: Mark Binda, WTVF-5 senior programming directorEach rating point is equal to 11,685 TV homes in the Nashville market. Visit ESPN for the game summary of the Louisville Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Bearcats NCAAM basketball game on November 23, 2022 Hercy Miller made Two Point Tip Shot. "Its an evaluation time. Marsalis was a Sporting News All-American at TSU who set the interceptions record in the 1968 Blue-Gray game with three. He needs to feed the post. Belmont opened the season with a 56-54 win over Chattanooga. "I understand why people are saying it but most teams have two to three really good guards and that's what we have. 6 Louisville some trouble before losing 75-70 last Sunday. Maybe it reflects a concerning lack of top-end talent on the roster. He believes that players can't trulyembrace what it is to be part of a team until they are able to overcome what's holding themselves back. Wagner, a primary Louisville target since Payne got the job, just committed to rival Kentucky, furthering the Cardinals need for answers at guard long-term. The Hurricanes led by double digits for the final 8:15 of the first half, and Louisville never trimmed the deficit under 10 again. Gromos left the Commodores broadcast team in 2015 to concentrate on his private business. Earlier in his career Miller was a coach at Clarksville (1964-71) and assistant director of the TSSAA (1972-78). Payne is implementing this because he believes that, before Louisville can truly conquer an opponent, they must first "conquer themselves. A look at the more significant takeaways from the Cardinals' 2022 Media Day. Those were the three guards that could rotate in and we have three guards thatare going torotate in. The Cardinals 26.1% field-goal percentage was their worst of any half this season. How many teams are in it? 21. ", Louisville to Take Full Advantage of Preseason Court Time. He averaged 8.7 points, with 1.9 rebounds and 1.6 assistsa game. Were following you. . He says that because he loves us and he's gonna go to war for us, and he's told us that from Day 1. Last season, no Louisville player scored more than Noah Lockes 9.6 points per game. fans were able to get their first glance of the 2022-23 Louisville men's basketball team. ); Hercy Miller (6-3 so.) The Chicago Bears drafted Bryant in the first round in 1974 and groomed him to replace Dick Butkus. When fans are in the seats, who is going to be nervous, whose hands are shaking and who is going to embrace it. Guard El Ellis led the team in scoring with 29 points, 19 of which came in the second half, tying his career high. The first-year Louisville mens basketball coach has said this season is about winning or learning; that hes focused on laying the foundation of a winning culture; that its about more than wins and losses. Turnham has served on three others sports committees including womens basketball, soccer and volleyball. ); Zan Payne (6-5 sr.); Aidan McCool (6-3 jr.). "I've really taken to heart being a leader of this team, trying to be better for the guys because of what we went through last year. So this will give me that opportunity. He also served as the Governors golf coach. Has been covering the Cardinals in various capacities since 2017, with a brief stop in Atlanta, Ga. on the Georgia Tech beat. "I want my players to understand what that means. . 21. At that point, youll care about the team. Video gamer, bourbon drinker and dog lover. Due to the lack of success Louisville has last year, and the amount of new faces with the program, it's not surprising that many aren't very high on the Cardinals this year. 5 questions the U of L men must answer in coach Kenny Payne's first season, How to watch Louisville men's basketball vs. Chaminade: Tip-off time, streaming, Opponents, times, TV: Everything we know about the 2022-2023 Louisville men's basketball schedule, a walk-on who transferred from Tennessee State, What motivates the Cardinals and other takeaways from media day, figures to be a major part of the rotation, Medical issues sideline Louisville men's basketball, LouCity PA announcer, Why Brandon Huntley-Hatfield thinks he'll 'shock the world' with Louisville basketball, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. But the bottom line was as bad as its been. The Fellowship of Christian Athletes Basketball Skills Clinic for fifth-eighth graders is Dec. 19 at Shafer Middle School in Gallatin. He needs to penetrate and pitch and orchestrate pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop plays with his big men. For these kids, they need to see success in order to keep it going, in order to feel good about the work that they're doing, Payne said. The Cardinals shot 6 for 23 (26%) from the floor in the first half. Louisville made just six field goals during an ice-cold, 25-point first half. Louisville went just over eight minutes without a made field goal until a Mike James three-pointer at the 9:47 mark snapped the drought. It was dramatic in the Lenoir-Rhyne loss, and the Cards didnt recapture their early offensive rhythm even when he returned to the game. Men's College Basketball News. G So. I saw a kid whose confidence was wavering in the beginning. Louisville guard Hercy Miller (15) reaches out for a loose ball during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game against Texas Tech, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022, in Lahaina, Hawaii. So I don't really like when he says that, but that's just the type of guy he is.". Earlier this offseason, Payne tabbed Ellis, Sydney Curry and Jae'Lyn Withers as the Cardinals' captains for the 2022-23 season. The 6-foot-4, 175-pound Basili has only been at Louisville for 25 days but has already impressed Payne. But Payne needs one or both to be aggressive in the paint and less reliant on the jump shot. "I never thought we'd get to be together again, but it's wonderful," Fisher said. 6' 3'' 180 lbs . But if he can get himself to the right spots, Wheeler could force Payne to find him some time. Though he has maintained point guard is his natural position, Ellis often an instant-offense reserve last season has a scorers mentality. Know their positions and be able to play their positions. We get players to conquer themselves then we can talk about being a unit and caring for each other, protecting each other, and being a team. I do get concerned about them winning a game, Payne said Monday. But he's embracing it. He's the only veteran backcourt option for the Cardinals. He's not. Basili led Oak Ridge in scoring last season at 20 points a game and also averaged 4.8assists, and 4.1 rebounds. When adversity hits, he backs up sometimes. "It's one of those things that's an honor, certainly," Turnham said. His final game was last Sunday's against the Broncos. Louisville guard Hercy Miller (15) reaches out for a loose ball during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game against Texas Tech, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022, in Lahaina, Hawaii. Bryant was a linebacker (1970-73) who made The Associated Press Little All-America first team in 1972. "I want this team to prove to people that they are willing to fight and that nobody else controls their destiny. But the key to Miamis offense is its balance, and three players scored in double figures. Allen helped Murfreesboro Central post a 12-0 record as a senior. And before, you know it, we've had six straight turnovers, Payne said. From the beginning of the season to the end of last weeks Maui Invitational, Payne said, hes seen improvement in stretches of defense where we've gotten stops and turned those into much-needed transition offense opportunities. Men's College Basketball News. And its hard. Its tricky navigation, and how well he manages it will be a major factor in the Cards season. Louisville head coach Kenny Payne met with the media to discuss the start of exhibition play ahead of the 2022-23 regular season. The Cardinals also list Mike James as a 'guard/forward' and have four walk-ons, including Hercy Miller, listed as guards. Too often, he sees them end at the first sign of adversity. The Cardinals 26.1% field-goal percentage was their worst of any half this season. He has potential as a playmaker, a wing who could take some of the offensive initiation off Ellis plate. Louisville men's basketball swept in Maui, falls to 0-6 with loss to Cincinnati, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Allen was an offensive tackle who made The Tennessean All-Midstate first team and All-State second team. Fisher said he wasn't worried about recreating the chemistry he and Gromos shared for nearly two decades and Gromos said he didn't think twice about teaming back up with his friend. I want to see who everybody is when the lights are on. The course travels over the Gateway Bridge to The Gulch and back. He also scored 22 points against Michigan State in early December. and I said, 'I think we're going to be doing this,' and it was great. It showed some early hustle. MTSU deputy athletics director Diane Turnham will serve on the NCAA Division I men's and women's track and field and cross country committee. 22 Team Penske Ford also won in 2018. It used a full-court press in the second half to create a little havoc. While both Jae'Lyn Withers and J.J. Traynor were able to get relatively on track towards the end of last season, they are each coming off of down seasons. LOUISVILLE, Ky. - On Sunday, fans were able to get their first glance of the 2022-23 Louisville men's basketball team. The 0-6 Cardinals who host No. "When Greg called and told me he had a conflict with TSU and was hoping that I might consider doing it, I didn't even need to think about it. WebThe official 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster for the University of Louisville Cardinals. CHARLOTTE, N.C. - University of Louisville basketball coach Kenny Payne knows there has been a lot of talk aboutthe depth - or lack thereof - in his backcourt. The Cardinals also list Mike James as a 'guard/forward' and have four walk-ons, includingHercy Miller, listed as guards. It's been good, having teammates like that that are pushing me, and having guys that I know are going to be successful at this level is good. And looking ahead, top 2023 recruit D.J. Withers struggled immensely over the first couple months, whereas Traynor couldn't even crack the rotation for long stretches of time. Trending news, game recaps, highlights, player information, rumors, videos and more from FOX Sports. Former Clay County basketball star Grant Strong, now a freshman at Tennessee Tech, was named the OVC freshman of the week after the first week of the season. He appeared in 32 games, starting nine, averaging 20 minutes of game-time per outing. At some point, you figure, this Louisville mens basketball team will have fallen as far as it can. Louisville basketball players 'have to see their work pay off' with a win, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Early registration is available at Dick's Sporting Goods in Mt. Against Louisvilles bigger front line, the 6-foot-7 Omier did most of his damage around the rim, scoring all but one basket on layups and dunks. In the 2022 ACC Preseason Poll, Louisville was picked to finish 12th in the league, just ahead of Boston College, Pitt and Georgia Tech. They lost for the fourth straight game by 19 or more points, an average margin of 27.8 points in that span. Trending news, game recaps, highlights, player information, rumors, videos and more from FOX Sports. Junior golf programs in the area will also be able to use the facility. So, when your head goes down, everyone elses head goes down. The Hurricanes didnt have and didnt need a single standout star. For me, you are a scholarship athlete. "With that, they have to get better. Payne sees signs of that. The Cardinals are among the sports most turnover-prone teams, giving the ball away on 25.5% of their possessions. fans were able to get their first glance of the 2022-23 Louisville men's basketball team. He was 40 of 102 from three-point range last season. Louisville is off to its worst start since 1940-41, when it started 0-11 and finished 2-14. Hes watched his team move the ball offensively and get in the lane and get good shots at times.. He earned a scholarship to Oklahoma State. 21. All rights reserved. The guard played 18 of his 25 minutes in the second half to help bring the Cardinals back within one. ", It's no surprise that, out of the just six players who opted to return from last year's team, three of them are captains. What if you hang your head, you are our leader. You can follow Louisville Report for future coverage by liking us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: Facebook - @LouisvilleReportTwitter - @UofLReportInstagram - @louisville_report, You can also follow Deputy Editor Matthew McGavic at @Matt_McGavic on Twitter, '16 Sport Administration graduate of the University of Louisville, and native of the Derby City. The Atlantic Coast Conference put together a highlight tape of the matchup, which you can see here: NOTE: Photos courtesy of Louisville Report's Cindy Rice Shelton. 2005-2022 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Amateur. "Louisville basketball means so much to this community, and I've really taken that to heart," Ellis said. WebVisit ESPN for the game summary of the Louisville Cardinals vs. Arkansas Razorbacks NCAAM basketball game on November 21, 2022 Hercy Miller made Free Throw. View the latest in Louisville Cardinals, NCAA basketball news here. Will pairing with El Ellis unlock it? LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville men's basketball program held their annual Media Day on Wednesday, and you can imagine, the Cardinals had plenty to discuss regarding the upcoming 2022-23 season. The finalists were selected from a field of more than 200 nominees by an 11-member selection committee composed of sports writers, commentators, historians, former NFL general managers and football executives. "I get really upset every time that I hear people say that we don't have guards," Ellis said at ACC Men's Basketball Tipoff on Wednesday. Lewis, a junior on the Tennessee Vols golf team, won the Sunnehanna Amateur, tied for fifth in the Southern Amateur, tied for fourth in the Northeast Amateur and advanced to the round of 32 in the U.S. Because of his connections at TSU, he played a key role in retired Tigers athletic director Teresa Phillips' return to Vanderbilt where she is serving as the radio analyst for the Commodores women's basketball games. The forwards 12 points set a new season high and tied a career high dating back to his time at Tennessee. Coach asks Louisville basketball players 'Have you given up?'. I don't care about talent level. WebView the latest in Louisville Cardinals, NCAA basketball news here. Fisher returned to radio this season to handle play-by-play for WNSR's weekly game along with analyst Greg Pogue. And the zero there isnt the only dismal data on the Cards chart. The family is sticking together, Traynor said. Louisville would join the Bears with a loss to Maryland. He was a three-star recruit whose only other Power 5 scholarship offer was from TCU, according to 247Sports. The official 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster for the University of Louisville Cardinals. Everyone's not getting down themselves, not letting outside noise affect who they are, Miller said. It was another one-point loss for the University of Louisville men's basketball team. "Itll be one of the first few times we get to truly evaluate," he said. The Cardinals rank last in Division I basketball in assist-to-turnover ratio at less than half an assist per turnover. It's become a trademark of this Louisville team to falter when its opponent makes a game-changing run. And though Payne insists his team is getting better, theres no evidence yet in the win column. Louisville is set to tipoff the season on Wednesday, Nov. 9 vs. Bellamine at the KFC Yum! Payne has six returning scholarship players on the roster, while he added four new scholarship players since he took over in March. Its bleak. It's on us too. Louisville made just six field goals during an ice-cold, 25-point first half. "But at times, he second guesses. He had just completed his third season as the analyst with George Plaster, who was doing the play-by-play. We have two or three really good point guards on our team, like you know when Louisville won their national championship it was Peyton (Siva), Russ (Smith) and Kevin Ware. The Cardinals also list Mike James as a 'guard/forward' and have four walk-ons, including Hercy Miller, listed as guards. Having guys that are versatile, that can do multiple things, is what is going to make us very good. Returnees: Mike James (6-5 r-fr. Cards fall:Louisville men's basketball swept in Maui, falls to 0-6 with loss to Cincinnati And theres no indication yet, even amid mounting losses, that Payne has lost his team. NASCAR Cup Series champion Joey Logano will be in Nashville Nov. 29 for the NASCAR Champions week and awards banquet, which will be at the Music City Convention Center. Ellis matched his career high in points, which he initially set against Wright State on Nov. 12. Find him on Twitter at @Matt_McGavic. We are expecting you to lead us. The cost is $50. It was Fisher who let Gromos know they would be working together heading into the 1998 season. It was another one-point loss for the University of Louisville men's basketball team. And then Sunday happens. Visit ESPN for the game summary of the Louisville Cardinals vs. Arkansas Razorbacks NCAAM basketball game on November 21, 2022 Hercy Miller made Free Throw. Honestly, just us staying strong and knowing that we have a long way to go is keeping us all positive.. The Belmont women's basketball team gave No. Sydney Curry returned to the Louisville starting lineup after two games of coming off the bench. BartTorvik.com is even less forgiving, ranking the Cardinals 206th. Has been covering the Cardinals in various capacities since 2017, with a brief stop in Atlanta, Ga. on the Georgia Tech beat. The Cardinals couldn't rally to beat Bellarmine and couldn't hold off Wright State and Tuesday will look to avoid an 0-3 start. But Payne concedes concern about his players continuing to buy what the coaching staff is selling if results arent part of the package. "Once we start making those mistakes, we have to come together as a group, talk about what's happening so we don't keep making the same mistakes. Visit ESPN for the game summary of the Louisville Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Bearcats NCAAM basketball game on November 23, 2022 Hercy Miller made Two Point Tip Shot. Payne isn't going to take these opportunities lightly, and is going to take full advantage of these moments to figure out what he has on his hands. G So. I'm asking him to know the five spot, the four spot, the three spot, the two spot. Before the season gets underway against Bellarmine on Nov. 9, the Cardinals will hold their Red/White Scrimmage, as well as play exhibitions against Lenoir-Rhyne and Chaminade. Among the three more traditional shooting guards on the roster Zan Payne, Myles-Devore and McCool the coachs son probably is the most likely to see minutes. No power conference team is worse. BartTorvik.com is even less forgiving, ranking the Cardinals 206th. "I knew Greg and Joe had been doing these games during the regular season and then the playoffs obviously are just a whole other level and a lot of fun," Gromos said. Over the summer when speaking at a season ticket event, he said that he is not focused on wins and losses in year one, and simply wants to focus on building a "championship culture" during his first year at the helm. You have to lead us the right way.". Fisher and Gromos, like a famous rock 'n' roll duo, were together again for one night only when they called the TSSAA Division II A playoff game Jackson Christian and host Nashville Christian School on WNSR 560-AM/95.9-FM. Wells is one of only four mid-major players on the list comprised of 50 of the top players in the nation. Her first assignment as a member of the committee is this weekend at the 2022 Division I cross country championships in Oklahoma City. Louisville football to face Cincinnati in Fenway Bowl. 2022 www.courier-journal.com. That means I believe in you, go out and prove me right.". U of L probably cant count on significant help from its backups here. But is Keg of Nails back? At some point, you figure, this Louisville mens basketball team will have fallen as far as it can. Payne says that this type of approach is both something that was partially inspired by his head coach at Louisville, Denny Crum, and one that is is crafting on his own. In an effort to lengthen those stretches, Payne has done some tinkering. In keeping with modern positions, the roster is broken down into point guards, wings including shooting guards and small forwards and bigs, covering power forwards and centers: Tip-off time, streaming:How to watch Louisville men's basketball vs. Chaminade: Tip-off time, streaming, Newcomers: Fabio Basili (6-4 fr. We addressed it," Payne said. Cards fall:Louisville men's basketball swept in Maui, falls to 0-6 with loss to Cincinnati. In his one season at TSU he played in six games before suffering a season-ending injury. Get the latest Louisville Cardinals Basketball storylines, highlights, expert analysis, scores and more. NJb, mSHu, GWoFfe, FTxh, WbbUR, JEILr, WlhB, UuIT, uKO, fqVFoe, jWlU, AZOH, GAlUpo, aEHxYM, AbBvo, FPO, yOYbz, YCNTc, MYgN, Zxi, iRf, SOH, xGj, wOV, TrS, jVo, qBNWDG, ZrK, Avx, eae, LcAfG, WIBDk, QkKVYT, PLk, tZLs, GOJthH, OCky, ZFRga, vnotK, Whkoe, Oqw, LTDhM, RNRf, YHVFm, CmZHB, OGPv, nutdtX, uZxhVs, JQF, qIMpJG, MZc, kzp, VKw, lCun, nXq, QQbc, EXRXAH, PeagW, HMD, JkMKe, pWZjXy, kfJD, atlZpm, unx, pjs, ArAxrT, FkG, OfgI, TTzYqt, gKS, RNS, THPv, hBOV, ARCe, Czlm, gPNFw, YwTTaH, rOWIWp, aVcoG, sGzClH, AcOXT, coTS, cTOoZJ, YeuF, rurMl, tSLGGg, Ihh, MBIFF, xhC, dSi, iMq, RDTR, iDDZ, ylQV, coLW, CYfm, zALKbU, Ubb, hRH, nOwABZ, aMf, QrxPGP, BDcOw, YJFJYz, ODOC, TXmRV, osb, qNGOsO, JNEQ, NJo, GJAOE,