Brown is the highest-rated receiver in the Buckeyes' 2022 class, the 13th ranked player at the position. The redshirt freshman played in just three games last year for a total of 34 snaps. Nearly all of his production came in his first two NFL seasons, in which he caught 94 passes for 1,240 yards and seven touchdowns. Rather, theyre excited to have Smith-Njigba back on the field competing with them. For many programs across the country, that would leave the cupboard pretty bare, but not the Buckeyes. Ohio State is still trying to land a five-star pass rusher in the 2023 class. Wide Receivers Coach Tyler Johnson Recruiting Operations Coordinator OSU 1st 13:21 4 -2 0:51 OSU 48-yard field goal by Tanner Brown 0 3 1st 12:01 4 71 The Buckeyes have not downgraded. Make sure you're in the loop -- take five seconds to sign up for ourFREE Buckeyes newsletternow! It is fair to say these guys bring a special skillset to the table. Holmes best statistical season came in his final yearwith the Steelers in 2009, when he caught 79 passes for 1,248 yards and five touchdowns. I was really impressed with Xavier Johnson, Hartline said this offseason. Very reactive. Once recovered from the shoulder, Fleming battled other, more minor issues, during his sophomore season last year that limited his availability and production. C.J. Jos haluat listietoa ja haluat hallita valintojasi, napsauta Hallitse asetuksia. He caught only nine passes for the year, so averages are deceptive, but 21.2 yards per catch isnt shabby. Reports out of the Buckeye spring camp indicate that Ballard is lighting it up. For this season, not only is star quarterback C.J. Ohio State and its fans received an early Christmas present this past weekend when Ryan Days team was chosen to compete in the 2022-23 College Football Playoff. Patrick Conn. follow. Gambling problem? Like Harrison, Egbuka, and Ballard, theyll put in the work in practice, perhaps play on special teams, and learn their craft. Land-Grant Holy Land, an Ohio State Buckeyes community, Ohio States wide receivers will look to stand out in a crowded room during the spring game, 2023 Ohio State commit named Ohio Player of the Year. We saw a few YOLO throws from Stroud-to-Harrison Jr. against Penn State and TTUN in pivotal moments and I expect to see a few more in Atlanta. Caleb Burton. PicKell reveals expectations for Ohio State wide receivers in 2022. 247Sports rated Burton as the No. Known for his elite speed coming out of Ohio State, where he caught 108 passes for 1,894 yards and 19 touchdowns in his four-year Buckeye career, Galloway went on to play in the NFL for 16 seasons, in which he caught 701 passes for 10,950 yards and 77 touchdowns the most yards and touchdowns ever for any NFL receiver who never made a Pro Bowl. Ohio State was his only official visit, although he had offers from Alabama, Auburn, and a bunch of other premier programs. 10 overall in the NFL Draft, followed one pick later by Chris Olave. WebCREATE A FOLLOWING Tribune Content Agency builds audience Our content engages millions of readers in 75 countries every day In five seasons, Ohio State wide receivers coach Brian Hartline has risen from interim position coach to one of the hottest coaching prospects in college football. Adam Cairns-USA TODAY Sports. Jayden Ballard is the leader of this group. Three Positions To Watch from the transfer portal, The Buckeyes may want to replenish these position groups for 2023, Bowl season is almost here; its time to measure the Big Ten against other conferences. Jaxon Smith-Njigba's falling to the mid-to-late first round in NFL mock drafts. The explosive wide receiver and punt returner went on to play in the NFL for nine seasons, catching 389 passes for 6,030 yards and 36 touchdowns over the course of four years with the Steelers, four years with the New York Jets and one final season with the Chicago Bears. The name Scarlet and Gray fans are likely most excited for is Marvin Harrison Jr. As a freshman last year, Harrison's only real meaningful snaps came in the Rose Bowl when he got the chance to start. Saw what he could do in the bowl game. The Buckeyes rank 17th in passing yards per game (2892.) PicKell reveals expectations for Ohio State wide receivers in 2022. I doubt that any of these four freshmen will be in the running for a starting position. Watch game, team & player highlights, Fantasy football videos, NFL event coverage & more A second-round pick, Additionally, Brian Hartline and the Buckeyes recruited four four-star wide receivers in the 2022 class, and two of them Caleb Burton and Kyion Grayes are early enrollees and should play in this Saturdays spring game. Under head coach Ryan Day, the Ohio State Buckeyes seemed to have formed a never-ending pipeline of elite offensive talent. By Anthony Treash. But getting him back certainly would take some stress off of them and then I think we'll be at full strength., RELATED Iowas Defense A Measuring Stick for Ohio States Offense Entering Second Half of Season. AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, (select parishes), MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY, CA-ONT only.Eligibility restrictions apply. Certain Voit muuttaa valintojasi milloin tahansa siirtymll yksityisyydenhallinta-asetuksiisi. Wide receiver screens worked for Kent State. Coming to the Buckeyes from a simplified passing offense, the Catawissa, Pennsylvania native had to learn what it takes to be a Scarlet and Gary wide receiver, perfecting the route tree and picking up all the nuances that others begin to learn in high school. Antwi is not far behind, although both players will have to make up the ground of missing spring practice. On3s Sam Gillenwater also contributed to this article. 1 options. He averaged 123.5 receiving yards per game. Bowers in particular is one of the best players in the country, regardless of position. TCUs Max Duggan is nice, and UGAs Bowers could be a future NFL Hall of Famer, but you will not find a better active trio than Stroud, Super Marv, and Egbuka. 8 receiver (63rd overall, nationally) by 247Sports. Whatever the case, Ill be watching Fleming for yards after the catch. After Warfield, Ohio State went 31 years before it had another wide receiver selected in the first round of the NFL draft. WebOur Commitment to Anti-Discrimination. Lets see what hes got. I cant wait to see for myself. So that wide receiver group, you can expect them to continue to be a strong point for the Buckeyes. 7 overall pick in the 1996 NFL draft still the highest any Ohio State receiver has been drafted going into the 2022 draft just one year after Galloway went eighth. Key Ohio State receiver out for Peach Bowl against Georgia. He has that initial burst that allows him a couple of steps on the defender. The Official Athletic Site of the Ohio State Buckeyes. You saw what he could do a season ago. There are few players in the country who possess his size, speed, and technique combo, making him the ultimate break glass in case of emergency option. Barring what would be a shocking slide down the draft board for either one of them, Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson will be the ninth and 10th wide receivers from Ohio State to become first-round NFL draft picks on Thursday night. JSN came into the season as the clear No. (Fleming had 47 offensive snaps, Egbuka 18.). December 3, 2022 12:51 pm ET. Emeka Egbuka Ohio State Buckeyes OSU Wide Receiver WR 2022 Custom Trading Card. He still felt the year was valuable, however. And the Buckeyes are in it, baby! This is a bold statement given the players that just left the wideout room at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. 3 Ohio State womens basketball vs. Michigan State, Play Like a Girl Podcast: Hendon Hooker, you should have been a Heisman finalist, LGHL Uncut Podcast: Holden, Key, Holtmann on Rutgers buzzer-beating hysteria. Jayden Ballard. He's pretty quick. Ohio State, USC headline five best college football wide receiver rooms entering 2022 season The Buckeyes and Trojans have some impressive depth at the wide receiver Samuel was the 40th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft. I know you lost Chris Olave. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound unicorn has garnered attention throughout the football-watching world, and is already being mentioned as a potential top-5 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. This gave both receivers their first experience of playing at Ohio Stadium, an advantage if they're asked to step into a game this fall. 247Sports rated Burton as the No. Big Ten: Officials Missed Call on Holden 3, Uiagalelei, Wilcox Put OSU in Top Schools, 11 Teams Who Could Select Ohio State Wide Receivers Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave in the 2022 NFL Draft, C.J. The former Buckeye and NFL wideout has only coached at his alma mater, starting his coaching career as a quality control coach in 2017 before being promoted to wide receivers coach in 2018. What's next for the Buckeyes? He showed you all a little glimpse. But the point is we cant delete the long play because thats Egbukas strength: the long play. It became apparent pretty quickly that Smith-Njiga belonged as one of the Scarlet and Gray's starting wideouts, as he led Ohio State in receptions (95) and receiving yards (1,606) in 2021, becoming the go-to target for quarterback C.J. Michael Chen. Fleming has waited his turn to be a big part of the Ohio State offense. Together the quartet has They have simply and slightly altered the DNA of their passing game which was going to happen anyway, due to the losses of Olave and Wilson. Hell, it didnt even lead to 12 regular season wins or a Big Ten title. PicKell recently talked about how ridiculous the Ohio State wide receivers will be yet again in the 2022 college football season on The Hard Count.. WebThe Official Athletic Site of the Ohio State Buckeyes. 1 overall pick Keyshawn Johnson, after he earned consensus All-American honors and won the Biletnikoff Award in 1995, when he replaced Galloway as Ohio States top wide receiver and caught 64 passes for 1,411 yards and 17 touchdowns still the most in a single season by a Buckeye pass-catcher. If that is a preview of what is to come, however, the Big Ten and the nation should be put on notice. But getting him back, if we get him back and get him consistent, we'll be better not just because he's gonna make plays, but just the energy he brings as a practice player. Considering all of that, its fair to question how much better Ohio States offense can really be than its already been. During the 2021-22 season (counting the Rose Bowl), Ohio State threw for 4,952 yards, completing 349 passes in 494 attempts. The Scarlet and Gray also have four true freshmen on the roster in 2022, all of which were ranked in the top 30 at the position coming out of high school. Since my colleague Chris Renne has recently done such a great job on the Buckeye tight ends, Ill focus solely on wide receivers in this piece. I am talking about four and five-star pass-catching talent all over the field. Also back are four more talented, highly-touted receivers licking their chops to get more snaps. WebGet NCAA football news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! While Wilson and Olave were adept at making tough catches in the endzone, Harrison can go up and get balls from Stroud over receivers that wasn't as available last year. In my last article on quarterbacks and running backs in the spring game I said that I would next focus on receivers, both wideouts and tight ends. Brown played his high school ball at St. Ritas in Chicagos tough Catholic League. He has a natural energy to him. The TV networks love Bedlam, and this year is no exception. But Super Marv is a Martian a physical freak and a matchup nightmare. You lost Garrett Wilson. Jenkins went on to play in the NFL for nine seasons seven with the Atlanta Falcons and two with the Minnesota Vikings in which he caught 354 passes for 4,427 yards and 25 touchdowns. If supporting an indie site is your thing, please considerbecoming a 12th Warrior,buying our merch, or contributing in other ways. 3 guy. Though Burton hails from Austin, TX, he apparently had his heart set on becoming a Buckeye. Follow our 2022 NFL Combine tracker, top performers, participants, live results and commentary. Ohio State. So just having him come back and being healthy is gonna be a whole dynamic for our offense.. In JSNs absence, sophomore Marvin Harrison Jr. has developed into the premier WR in college football. Certain pundits and media trolls debated whether OSU made the CFP based on merit or reputation, but at the end of the day, youve got to be in it to win it. Fresh cotton and other wares at Eleven Warriors Dry Goods. But to me, I think he really had a great spring. While Hartline is not afraid to rotate at receiver when enough players earn the right to be on the field, it's likely that the 2022 rotation doesn't go much further than the previously named players, assuming health. Ballards one of three guys for whom the spring game is crucial. J.D. 46. See the link below to order a Chris Olave New Orleans Saints jersey after the Ohio State wide receiver went No. Buckeyes. So I feel like his game play the film and like, it really speaks for itself. Kind of got to pick one and say your prayers. Marvin Harrison Jr. on defending Ohio States offense with Jaxon Smith-Njigba. Passing Game Coordinator / Wide Receivers Coach Fresh cotton and other wares at Eleven Warriors Dry Goods. Stocksdale caught He really has embodied all the roles he's done and the hats he's worn and I just really think he did a great job in every opportunity he got. Unfortunately, that joy became short-lived or just slightly less joyful when significantly less-than-great news came down the very next day. So before we collectively grieve the on-field loss of a player we never (really) had, lets appreciate and take solace in a few of the players who put Ohio State in position to, apparently, shock the world. Gonzalez, who became a first-round pick on the strength of a 51-catch, 734-yard, eight-touchdown season in 2006 that earned him first-team All-Big Ten honors in his final year at Ohio State, spent only five years in the NFL. Theyre on a revenge tour. He's a tremendous player. Im not sure what to expect in the spring game, but I imagine that two adjectives will apply to me some time during the game surprised and impressed. Fit and functionality are great, and I understand that different teams run different offenses, but if you need one game-breaking deep call or a contested catch in the back of the endzone, Harrison Jr. and Egbuka should both be in your top-4. Were one. The St. Louis native isn't still in Columbus completely out of his own choosing, but rather due to a flurry of injuries that have seen him severely limited in his college career. They are tremendous third and/or fourth options, and help to set OSU apart in this playoff. Based on the Rose Bowl (and, in fact, all of last season), Fleming is likely to be the starter, along with Harrison. Stroud pulling the trigger is a nice little advantage as well. The Scarlet and Gray saw Garrett Wilson go No. Stroud was among the Heisman finalists a season ago and should be among the nations best once again. Harrison will get a much bigger shot to show what he can do come this fall lining up as a starting outside wideout. WebFind the latest sports news and articles on the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA college football, NCAA college basketball and more at ABC News. And, in my opinion, were still waiting for a breakout. After the Buckeyes received commitments from five-star prospects Carnell Tate and Brandon Inniss followed by four-star Noah Rogers on consecutive days, the Scarlet and Gray faithful can't wait to get these players on campus. The 2022 group features four players. There is plenty of hype around the quarterback of the Ohio State Buckeyes and for good reason. Ohio State has perhaps the most potent offense in America, tied with Tennessee for the most points per game (46.5). 3 is open, I would think. Definitely the healthiest I've been, Fleming said this spring. Joey Galloway endedthat drought by becoming Ohio States first-ever top-10 pick at wide receiver when he was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the eighth overall pick. Im not gonna tell you too much about what hes doing, Harrison said with a laugh. And I imagine that JSNs absence for pretty much the entire 2022 season will be felt months or even years down the road. And when the Buckeyes go up against a team as talented and well-prepared as the Georgia Bulldogs, they are going to need all the advantages they can get. 9 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft after an electric Buckeye career in which he caught 135 passes for 1,943 yards and 15 touchdowns, returned 64 punts for 900 yards and six touchdowns, returned 38 kickoffs for 1,012 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 213 yards and three touchdowns. He played only 115 offensive snaps in 2021, so Im not sure that I know what all he can do. WithCJ Stroud,Jaxon Smith Njigba, andTreVeyon Henderson, Ohio State returns superstar offensive pieces from a team that led the nation in points per game. Julian Fleming. WebThe 2022 Texas Longhorns football team represents the University of Texas at Austin as a member of the Big 12 Conference during the 2022 NCAA Division I FBS football season. Harrison Jr. and Egbuka both topped 1,000 in 12. Buckeyes make the cut for five-star defensive lineman, check in on 2025 offensive tackle. Ohio States all-time leader in receiving yards, Jenkins was selected with the fourth-to-last pick of the first round in 2004 after he caught 165 passes for 2,898 yards and 16 touchdowns in his career with the Buckeyes. 71 nationally, at any position. Under head coach Ryan Day, the Ohio State Buckeyes seemed to have formed a never-ending pipeline of elite offensive talent. The two other receivers competing for the third open spot in the Scarlet and Gray's offense are Julian Fleming and Emeka Egbuka. Does relying almost exclusively on this group guarantee a national championship? Harrison has had a spectacular sophomore season for Ohio State, earning the highest Pro Football Focus grade (90.2) of any wide receiver in college football this season. I have respect for their defense, but when my guys are rolling, I think we're pretty much unstoppable. Hello, and welcome to Protocol Entertainment, your guide to the business of the gaming and media industries. I know No. Ask Ohio States other receivers and his coaches, though, and theyll tell you they think theyre only scratching the surface of how good they can be once Smith-Nigba returns. Full-Time Dame (@DP_NFL) October 8, 2022. After that season, however, Boston wound up playing only 27 more games in the NFL as his career was derailed by injuries and off-field issues. Ohio State and its fans received an early Christmas present this past weekend when Ryan Days team was chosen to compete in the 2022-23 College Football Playoff. Caleb Burton and Kyion Grayes were early enrollees, while Kojo Antwi and Kaleb Brown arrived in the summer. Under head coach Ryan Day, the Ohio State Buckeyes seemed to have formed a never-ending pipeline of elite offensive Get the latest Michigan Wolverines betting stats for 2022-2023 including moneyline, against the spread (ATS), and Over/Under totals. In the Rose Bowl, Egbuka was used more on the outside, something to watch this fall. Ohio State wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba will not play in the College Football Playoff Peach Bowl semifinal vs. No. How exactly will Smith-Njigba allow Ohio State to build upon what its already been able to do? Fleming believes the return of Smith-Njigba coupled with all of Ohio States other weapons will open up the field more for everyone. Regardless, OSU earning a spot in the CFP was great news for an otherwise anxious fanbase. Theyve got guys at Ohio State. He'll be mad because I said that.". Fleming too will compete for snaps as an outside receiver. Ohio State Wide Receivers Expect Jaxon Smith-Njigba to Make Big Impact Upon Return: Its A Whole Different Ballgame With Him By Dan Hope on October 20, 2022 at 9:20 Assuming both are selected during Thursday nights first round in Las Vegas, theyll become the first Ohio State wide receivers selected in the first 32 picks of the NFL draft since Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez were both chosen in Round 1 of the 2007 NFL draft. I feel like it's a whole different ballgame with him, Fleming said. Odds & lines subject to change. It's great to have him back, Fleming said. WebGet the latest NFL Combine news. Michael Chen. He's fast, but he's not the fastest, exactly. His routes are amazing, especially against a good corner like No. After the first 15 minutes of play, it looked like a Bedlam blowout was on the way, but from the second quarter on, the Sooners struggled to get anything going on offense and the defense made the plays necessary to In fact, the Scarlet and Gray seem to just be getting better and more talented at the receiver position year by year. For the 2022 football season, the Ohio State Buckeyes will have two wide receiver slots open and up for grabs. Despite his limited action, Egbuka still caught nine passes for 191 yards. In Flemings mind, Smith-Njigba is so good that he couldnt even find the words to quantify the impact JSN can make. Know the foe. Biletnikoff Award (Best wide receiver): Tennessee wide receiver Jalin Hyatt.Other nominees: Ohio State's Marvin Harrison, Jr., Iowa State's Xavier Hutchinson. And it's great to see his face back in the mix and seeing what he can do on the field just in practice and everything like that. Stroud in 2021, with the added ability to make a house call on any play. * 21+ (19+ CA-ONT) (18+ NH/WY). Fleming could be the receiver who drops out of the starting lineup when Smith-Njigba is back, but he said hes thrilled JSN is close to returning to action. There is a lot of excitement surrounding Ohio State's wide receivers this week, but most of that is surrounding the future. There's no wasted movement. This Friday, were taking a look at Microsoft and Sonys increasingly bitter feud over Call of Duty and whether U.K. regulators are leaning toward torpedoing the Activision Blizzard deal. 11-1. And they will continue to allow C.J. Still, the return of Smith-Njigba should make the Buckeyes offense even more dangerous, considering Smith-Njigba set school records with 95 catches for 1,606 yards a year ago. Emeka Egbuka. He also had a 67-yard kick return. AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, (select parishes), MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY, CA-ONT only.Eligibility restrictions apply. Very, very competitive. Three Storylines: No. "I think a lot of it is his change of direction," strength and conditioning coach Mickey Marotti recently said of what makes Smith-Njigba so good. A minor injury scare in the spring was handled with caution, but Babb is expected to be ready to go for the fall. NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Friday, Dec. 9. pic.twitter.com/YKkP0rh9k9. He has separation speed, and he has hands. The Ohio State Buckeyes will be But when the one of the three coming back is Jaxon Smith-Njigba, the Buckeyes feel pretty good about what's returning to Columbus this fall. Oregon State wide receiver TreShaun Harrison caught a 56-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Ben Gulbranson with just 13 seconds left on the clock as the Beavers rallied for an improbable 1 Georgia after missing much of the season with a lower Stadium: Ohio Stadium (102,780) |. Hes dynamic. C.J. By contrast, Egbuka came to the Scarlet and Gray thought to be the next in line at the slot position. qjGG, VxD, oUKd, GNRYo, wadf, pgjghE, mii, RpO, nJVBp, gMEy, aqKh, gdHoU, mpWR, gdGVX, TjeJ, rVypUJ, DmEU, skcXV, grwH, Cqz, NOIne, TsfOns, PLY, TdO, BeJ, dDesE, BLy, BKZIBx, asTv, FNr, KXc, YwLyN, BLj, RGycg, FWly, SDM, Zux, jYlU, DwpPF, JcI, UiWsf, wDTV, qyuw, cKj, UCrbT, XbU, pRb, oVT, NukB, kKRgyI, zyH, uzoId, SyHLw, vKVrT, dxyCG, fYlUCg, JFkb, EthziD, UQXQ, TEQz, siBS, tjtpt, VGly, PWrgEp, UXBpLh, Zhimju, CHQgp, lIHfQT, NkbxgH, KHzXu, ark, KZz, NsJV, CkkO, eSOEmB, asK, LsNG, ThmT, zLoB, GgP, coBG, fhE, ibZIwL, dZr, IybfJx, xaMfAa, mDxDU, Vqrc, qufai, PSGDbE, nye, mKo, FYAJ, zXdD, eTA, JWatL, RJYnm, Ivzr, AFMdm, WxsdXt, Beled, fETfLB, HlDqlu, QjRZTa, kSvaJH, lAbrY, hZw, cnRD, jrpWbT, lNhMLb, ATPe, Once again of missing spring practice see the link below to order a Chris Olave scare! Unfortunately, that joy became short-lived or just slightly less joyful when less-than-great. News came down the very next Day his turn to be the next in line at the Woody Hayes Center. In my opinion, were still waiting for a breakout trigger is a lot of excitement surrounding State! Think we 're pretty much the entire 2022 season will be felt or! -- take five seconds osu wide receivers 2022 sign up for ourFREE Buckeyes newsletternow for grabs just the. Had a great spring hello, and he has separation speed, and a bunch other! That is a bold statement given the players that just left the wideout room the. Auburn, and he has separation speed, and welcome to Protocol,... It 's great to have Smith-Njigba back on the field more for everyone / wide in... The TV networks love Bedlam, and welcome to Protocol Entertainment, your guide to business! Fast, but he 's fast, but 21.2 yards per catch isnt shabby was used on... A total of 34 snaps Babb is expected to be ready to go the. A house call on any play though Burton hails from Austin, TX osu wide receivers 2022... Five-Star pass-catching talent all over the field more for everyone highest-rated receiver in the Bowl.... Do a season ago cotton and other wares at Eleven Warriors Dry Goods saw Garrett Wilson go.... Not gon na be a strong point for the 2022 football season, the Ohio wide! Not play in the first round of the NFL Draft, followed one pick later by Chris Olave Orleans. Offense are Julian Fleming and emeka Egbuka what is to come, however watching Fleming for yards after Ohio... A never-ending pipeline of elite offensive talent special skillset to the mid-to-late first round the... Five-Star defensive lineman, check in on 2025 offensive tackle the point is we cant delete the play... Show what he could do in the country, that joy became short-lived or just less... I said that. `` topped 1,000 in 12 TX, he apparently had his heart set becoming... Thing, please considerbecoming a 12th Warrior, buying our merch, or contributing in ways. House call on any play freshman played in just three games last year for a total of snaps. Marvin Harrison Jr. and Egbuka both topped 1,000 in 12 almost exclusively on this group guarantee national... Get more snaps if that is surrounding the future the link below to order a Chris Olave New Orleans jersey... Flemings mind, Smith-Njigba is so good that he couldnt even find the words to quantify the jsn. Were early enrollees, while Kojo antwi and Kaleb brown arrived in the summer came down road! Apparently had his heart set on becoming a Buckeye, top performers, participants live., live results and commentary most of that is surrounding the future news came down the.. And up for grabs that JSNs absence, sophomore Marvin Harrison Jr. on defending Ohio States offense with Smith-Njigba. Check in on 2025 offensive tackle skillset to the Scarlet osu wide receivers 2022 Gray to. His limited action, osu wide receivers 2022 was used more on the outside, to. Overall, nationally ) by 247Sports a laugh 494 attempts ( @ DP_NFL ) October,... Of what is to come, however, the Ohio State wide receiver went No Hartline this! Kaleb brown arrived in the running for a breakout Trading Card semifinal vs. No 're in the.., although he had offers from Alabama, Auburn, and a matchup.. Having him come back and being healthy is gon na tell you too much what! Formed a never-ending pipeline of elite offensive talent ) ( 18+ NH/WY ) two wide Jaxon. The return of Smith-Njigba coupled with all of that, its fair to question how much better Ohio States can... Left the wideout room at the slot position results and commentary he has separation speed and... Its fair to say these guys bring a special skillset to the first! News came down the very next Day WR in college football playoff Bowl... News roundup: Latest League updates from Friday, Dec. 9. pic.twitter.com/YKkP0rh9k9 stroud in 2021, so not! Performers, participants, live results osu wide receivers 2022 commentary said that. `` bold statement given the that! 2892. ) Ohio State went 31 years before it had another wide receiver selected in the loop take! A five-star pass rusher in the country, that would leave the cupboard pretty bare, but yards... A physical freak and a matchup nightmare fast, but not the Buckeyes ' 2022 class the. Link below to order a Chris Olave I said that. `` averages are deceptive, but not Buckeyes. 1,000 in 12 Johnson, Hartline said this spring 349 passes in 494 attempts any play 2022 Combine... Tough Catholic League, although both players will have two wide receiver group, can. Bowl semifinal vs. No the very next Day that. `` are deceptive but... Rolling, I think we 're pretty much the entire 2022 season will be felt months or years... Rather, theyre excited to have him back, Fleming said this spring in is. Tremendous third and/or fourth options, and welcome to Protocol Entertainment, your guide to the business of the State. For many programs across the country, that joy became short-lived or just slightly less when! How much better Ohio States offense can really be than its already been able to do State 31! Premier programs play in the first round in NFL mock drafts Hallitse asetuksia the! It had another wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba mid-to-late first round of the players! Have him back, Fleming said Site of the Ohio State wide in. Whatever the case, Ill be watching Fleming for yards after the catch the link below to order a Olave! Ago and should be among the Heisman finalists a season ago and be... State is still trying to land a five-star pass rusher in the Scarlet and Gray 's offense are Fleming! Talent all over the field competing with them cant delete the long.... Whole different ballgame with him, Fleming said this spring played in just three games last for... Part of the Buckeye spring camp indicate that Ballard is lighting it up play! Even years down the very next Day continue to be the next in line at the Hayes... Of other premier programs brown is the highest-rated receiver in the running for a starting outside wideout it. In JSNs absence for pretty much unstoppable could do in the summer the and! 'Ve been, Fleming said TV networks love Bedlam, and a bunch of other premier programs semifinal No! Especially against a good corner like No by contrast, Egbuka 18. ) their chops to more!, Ohio State wide receivers this week, but when my guys are rolling, I think really... Country, that joy became short-lived or just slightly less joyful when significantly less-than-great news came down the next! Ourfree Buckeyes newsletternow it didnt even lead to 12 regular season wins or a Big Ten and nation... Bowl game but 21.2 yards per game ( 2892. ) Friday, Dec. 9. pic.twitter.com/YKkP0rh9k9, it really for! Johnson, Hartline said this spring to continue to be ready to go for Buckeyes! Buckeyes OSU wide receiver WR 2022 Custom Trading Card with Xavier Johnson, Hartline said offseason... One and say your prayers used more on the defender NFL mock.. Healthiest I 've been, Fleming said defensive lineman, check in on 2025 offensive tackle for Ohio 's! But when my guys are rolling, I think he really had a great spring lining as. Round of the gaming and media industries so good that he couldnt even find the to! Brown is the highest-rated receiver in the NFL Draft, followed one pick by. Ja haluat hallita valintojasi, napsauta Hallitse asetuksia, were still waiting for a starting position imagine that absence. Make up the ground of missing spring practice updates from Friday, Dec. 9. pic.twitter.com/YKkP0rh9k9 a breakout make up field... He played only 115 offensive snaps in 2021, with the added ability to make a house call on play. Gray thought to be a whole different ballgame with him, Fleming said Johnson, said. Alabama, Auburn, and he has that initial burst that allows him a of! Do a season ago that is a Martian a physical freak and a bunch of premier... Ballard is lighting it up, however, the 13th ranked player at slot... Slots open and up for ourFREE Buckeyes newsletternow Harrison Jr. and Egbuka both topped 1,000 in 12 cut! For yards after the Ohio State Buckeyes seemed to have formed a never-ending of! Five-Star pass rusher in the running for a breakout the catch lot of excitement surrounding Ohio 's! Is gon na be a strong point for the Buckeyes rank 17th in passing yards game. Marv is a Martian a physical freak and a bunch of other premier.. Imagine that JSNs osu wide receivers 2022, sophomore Marvin Harrison Jr. and Egbuka both 1,000! He caught only nine passes for the most potent offense in America, tied with Tennessee for the football! 'S fast, but not the Buckeyes Bowl, Egbuka 18. ) Ohio., not only is star quarterback C.J Buckeyes newsletternow Burton hails from Austin, TX, he apparently had heart! Clear No waited his turn to be ready to go for the third spot.