creamy spinach and chicken soup

It looks delicious and how clever of you to use cauliflower and yeast to make it creamy and tasty. Next, add the heavy cream and the salt and pepper for a little added flavor. This loos so delicious and hearty! Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pot. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes. Squeeze out all air, seal tightly, and freeze. Awesome recipe. [1] A common dish around the world, the soup can be prepared as a broth -based or cream-based soup, and the latter can be referred to as "cream of spinach soup." [2] [3] In China, a spinach and tofu soup is also known as "emerald and white jade soup"; spinach and tofu . Close. When you make the cauliflower cream it also adds about 2 cups of thick cream like liquid. Reduce heat to low. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes. The first step you need to take is gathering all of the items required to put this dish together. Cover with the lid slightly ajar, and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If so, grab a large pot, and put it on your stove. on the Foodie Pro Theme, This post contains affiliate links. Its hard to say. Mix a few teaspoons of cornstarch with a tablespoon of water into a slurry then stir into the soup. 4. Thanks for sharing it with my readers and for pointing out the confusing recipe. A perfect meal on its own. Add the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes, then add the frozen tortellini and cook for another 5 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and hot clear through. This soup is so cozy and comforting!! 1 bag 8 ounces fresh baby spinach 1 cup half & half OR heavy cream Instructions Set your Instant Pot on "SAUTE" and melt the butter. Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Saut until the mushrooms have shrunken in size, about 5 minutes. Season with minced onion, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Its not necessary to this recipe but I really think it adds flavor so I highly suggest using it. Add baby spinach; cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve. Add the garlic, and then stir in the flour. I love soup and I have over 40 soup recipes on this blog. Add the spinach and artichokes and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts. chicken, dried basil leaves, heavy cream, celery, spinach, salt and 13 more Creamy Chicken Florentine Soup Wholesome Yum spinach, butter, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion, heavy cream and 5 more Melt the butter in a 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add frozen spinach to the chicken pasta soup toward the end and stir until wilted. Add your cauliflower cream sauce and continue to cook a few more minutes until all the flavors meld together. Ill have to make this again and freeze it and then update everyone. Let that simmer for a few minutes so that all the flavors meld. Add cooked chicken and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Its definitely soup season and this looks delicious healthy and filling too. So creative to use cauliflower cream in this soupyum!! That soup would certainly perk me up!! Add the broth, heavy cream, and cream cheese. And have fun playing around with the cauliflower cream sauce. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists advice. I have a jar of nutritional yeast that I bought to sprinkle on popcorn, but I kind of hate the taste of it like that. Preparation. To make the creamy chicken pasta soup: In a large dutch oven, add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and saute in olive oil until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Creamy and comforting! To make things even easier, tear the spinach with your hands instead of cutting it. More Creamy Soups If you love this recipe try these other amazing soups: Chicken gnocchi soup with kale and parmesan; Slow cooker tomato basil parmesan soup; Instant Pot tomato basil parmesan soup; Pressure cooker creamy chicken and wild rice soup from Pressure Cooking Today; Instant Pot corn chowder with bacon from Crunchy Creamy Sweet; Pin this recipe for later! The result was a deliciousand nourishing keto spinach soup that was hearty enough for a meal with only 149 calories and 3.4g net carbs. Add in mushrooms and saut till soft. tortellini and spinach, Parmesan cheese and warmed cream (cream should be warmed because it may. Creamy tortellini, spinach and chicken soup. The chicken broth and the heavy cream will give the soup a nice, thick consistency. So the main ingredients in this creamy chicken soup are mushrooms, fresh spinach, cooked chicken breast and cauliflower cream sauce. Stir to combine. Step 4: Put your garlic in the pan and saut for a minute more. Denise, Sorry I didnt read the directions. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add some butter, onion, garlic, and red pepper to pan and sautee until onion is soft. Then add the bouillon (if using), spinach and chicken broth. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Im really not sure about that. . These two veggies go together like peanut butter and jelly! While theres still a thin layer of butter on the bottom of the skillet go ahead and quickly stir the flour into the vegetable mixture. save. Once those 10 minutes are up, you can take the soup off the heat, and serve it. Take the cream cheese out of the fridge well before starting the recipe (like an hour plus) or microwave it for about 20-30 seconds so it's very soft. Gradually whisk in milk. Now that you have all of your ingredients added to the pot, turn the heat up, and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the wine to deglaze the pan. Add the broth, heavy cream, and cream cheese. However I did freeze my Chicken and Broccoli soup which is almost the same thing and it turned out just fine. When its fork tender, drain but reserve the cooking liquid. To Prepare: To reheat, thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight. Stir in flour, stirring well to avoid any lumps. And since I always have cut up rotisserie chicken in the freezer and some baby spinach on hand, I came up with thislow carb creamy chicken & spinach soup. I hope you like this keto chicken spinach soup as its pure keto comfort food. Man, this was SUCH a flavorful soup!!!! Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Choose your favorites, and make the dish your own. You should end up with little crumbles of butter throughout the flour once done. When chicken is starting to turn white, add the ravioli and frozen spinach and bring to a boil. Now you have a healthy, hearty meal in a bowl. It tast so delicious and so warming,I love it,now is going to be one of the best ideas for soup cauliflower sauce! I appreciate it! 3. 103 comments. Add onions, bell pepper, salt and pepper flakes; cook 7 to 9 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the parmesan cheese, spinach and basil; stir until wilted. Set the cauliflower sauce aside and start on the rest of the soup. As I mentioned before I used it in many of my low carb soup recipes so Im sure you can come up with some good uses for it yourself. Thanks so much for a great post! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Really creativesaving for later! . Carrots, celery, parsnips, or cauliflower," Carli notes. Taste for seasonings (salt and pepper) and adjust accordingly. However it might all taste very good. Good question. I didnt add any bouillion cube, but just with spices it was VERY flavorful. Add the garlic. Then, add the mushrooms into the mix. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Pasta Dishes. This looks like the perfect soup to have to wait out the last few weeks of winter. Creamy Chicken Soup Creamy Chicken Soup. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I hope you like it. 5. Step 5: When the spinach is wilted add the chopped chicken and cook for a few minutes so that its heated through. It's packed with wholesome ingredients to keep you on track without sacrificing flavor. 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped 1/4 cup green peas, thawed Instructions Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium heat. Yummo! Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. No you are not missing anything. Over medium high heat saut onion, celery and garlic until tender. Stir in cheeses and whipping cream until cheese melts and soup is smooth. Slowly add the milk while continuously stirring. Add spinach and any juices from the spinach to the soup pot. Return the sausage to the pot and add the remaining stock. Serve with parmesan! Add the onion to the skillet and cook until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf. A creamy tomato soup with cheesy tortellini and chicken and then a pop of color from the bright green spinach. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. In 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Looks delicious! So glad you liked it! Ingredients Scale 1 medium yellow onion, diced 1/3 cup all purpose flour 1 Tbsp dried basil 2 cloves of garlic, minced 2 Tbsp tomato paste 3 Tbsp olive oil 4 cups chicken broth 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes This has my name written all over it. I love the balance of creamy soup with spinach. (The mixture will be pasty and look weird but don't worry it will all be okay in the end). Creamy Sauce: 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated) 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 1 tsp garlic salt Instructions Instructions: Preheat the oven to 500F. Stir in broth and marjoram; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in spinach mixture. This is the only dish that you will need for the recipe, which makes it really easy to clean up. What is the serving size for this recipe? Add the sausage and cook until browned, stirring often to separate meat. 2 days ago nytimes.com Show details . Cook tortellini according to package directions, using 1 can broth instead of water. Too good to be true . Add the tortellini and cook 2-3 minutes shy of al dente. What a great idea! Cook for 5-7 minutes or until spinach is warmed throughout. Cups in foodservice are many different sizes. Instructions. Saut for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are soft. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. 1. Stir in frozen spinach. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Then, add your spinach and chicken. Step 1: To make the cauliflower cream sauce boil your cauliflower on the stove. artichoke hearts in water, salt, low moisture mozzarella cheese and 9 more. I subbed the chicken for artichokes & added a dash of Parmesan & hot sauce at the end. Add spinach to crock pot and stir it in. I blended it all until it was hot and added chopped chicken and the salt at the very end. Step 6: Finally pour in your cauliflower cream mixture. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. View Product Nutrition Facts Serving Size SERVING (#8 SCOOP, 1/2 CUP) Amount Per Serving Calories 98 % Daily Value Total Fat 3.2g 5% Saturated Fat 0.7g 4% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 412mg 17% I dont use nutritional yeast so I put about half a can of coconut milk. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Continue stirring for 1 minute. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. hide. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions. Guided. 1 cup nonfat milk directions In a soup pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. can (14 oz) Progresso artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed and softened. Recipe developer and private practice registered dieticianKristen Carli came up with this fantastic recipe that hits the spot. Bring to a Pour soup into a blender, in batches if necessary, and carefully pure. It looks so creamy and full of flavor, I might cook up a big batch this weekend! Hi Anna, so glad you liked it! Add Nutmeg and stir for 30 seconds, then add flour and cook for a minute or two. . When melted, add onions, carrots, and celery. Saut the onion until it turns translucent. Add to a high speed blender along with 1 cup of the retained liquid, olive oil, spices, nutritional yeast and garlic. For starters, you will need some olive oil and a diced yellow onion. Havent ever thought of cauliflower cream. Sounds so good. The creamy cauliflower sauce goes great with the chicken and spinach for a healthy meal. Stir in the spinach, cheese and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted. This will be in our rotation for sure. In the stockpot, add cream of chicken soup, spinach, milk, cooked tortellini with broth, and salt. I cook for two , Hi Julia, Bring to a boil over medium heat. Continue to saut on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. I didnt have regular garlic on hand, so I overall put 1/2 tsp. Step 2: Add your cauliflower, olive oil, spices and nutritional yeast into a high speed blender along with a cup of the cooking liquid. 2.2k. Let cool 5 minutes. . Wow, I cant believe that this is keto!! What a great recipe I found. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings as you like. Bring to a boil, then simmer 15-20 minutes. garlic powder in it. Add the chicken breasts, arranging them in a single layer. Add the tortellini, chicken and spinach and allow the soup to simmer gently for another 10 minutes or until the . freshly chopped parsley, for garnish Directions Save to My Recipes 1. Stir often until fragrant, do not brown. Step 2: Add your cauliflower, olive oil, spices and nutritional yeast into a high speed blender along with a cup of the cooking liquid. We generally stick to a low carb diet and so I love having another option to spice up dinner. Add the mushrooms. Add mozzarella and Parmesan and stir until melted, then return chicken to skillet. Add. The great part about this chicken soup is that it's super filling, but it's also full of wonderful, healthy veggies that will make you feel good about eating it. Archived. Stir in broth and chicken; heat to boiling over high heat. Rinse and spin dry spinach, cut out hard stems and coarsely chop leaves. Serve warm. Click Here For Full Nutrition, Exchanges, and My Plate Info, https://hearthookhome.com/creamy-chicken-spinach-homemade-dumpling-soup/, Simple Sriracha Sauerkraut Dip with Hamburger Recipe, Fried Eggplant with Tomato Onion Salsa Recipe. "Feel free to add other veggies in this soup, too! Sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and spinach. Saut until translucent, about 5 minutes. , Creamy Chicken, Spinach, & Homemade Dumpling Soup, Wow. Continue to saut the mushrooms until they shrink in size. I wouldnt have to feel guilty about sipping on a high calorie soup. You made my day. Those are 3 nutrient packed veggies right there and if you use chicken bone broth, youll have even more goodstuff in there! I love the Better Than Boullion products, and use them all the time. Enjoy! Heat over medium heat until soup comes to a boil. Stir in the cream and tortellini, cook on medium-low until tortellini is just cooked, (about 6-7 minutes). Love your idea for making homemade broth. Keep reading to find out how to make this tasty soup. Combine the chicken, soup and fresh spinach and simmer for an additional 7-10 mins - or until the dumplings are thoroughly cooked. For the future Ill use pulled rotisserie chicken. Fresh spinach 2 tbsp. Combine the chicken, soup and fresh spinach and simmer for an additional 7-10 mins - or until the dumplings are thoroughly cooked. Hope that makes sense. When it's fork tender, drain but reserve the cooking liquid. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Alison Bickel. Once hot, add the onion. Im so glad you liked the recipe! Add chopped onion, julienned sun dried tomatoes, and quartered artichoke hearts, and garlic then mix and cover with broth. Use two forks to shred the chicken breasts. Your email address will not be published. Hi Adrienne, its approximately an 8oz serving. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. The cauliflower cream sauce includes, cauliflower florets, olive oil, sage, thyme, salt, black pepper, garlic cloves and nutritional yeast. Get Recipe. Pour in the chicken stock and cream then bring to a simmer. Cover and bring to a boil, then cook for 15 minutes. Bring to a boil, and cook until spinach is tender. We used rotisserie chicken for our testing, but any chopped cooked chicken will do. Season with salt to taste and serve. Saute garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper and carrots. Add the tortellini, chicken and spinach and allow the soup to simmer gently for another 10 minutes or until the tortellini are cooked through. Serve with parmesan! Place water, boullion cubes and chicken into the Ninja. Would be perfect to warm up with a bowl of this on a chilly day! Add the soup to a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. We also think that some oyster crackers would go well. Wow,wow! Hi Laura, well that depends. Add the broth, heavy cream and cream cheese. Thanks for stopping by. I like a creamy soup to be thick but if you would like it thinner, add a bit of the reserved liquid if you have any left or some more chicken broth to thin it out. I cant wait to try this! The cauliflower cream is really easy to make and you can use it for lots of dishes. Blend until it's smooth and creamy like the pic below. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce and bring the mixture to a boil. I love garlic so I just added the same amount to creme and first part of soup. Add carrot (or bell pepper) and chicken; cook, turning the chicken and stirring frequently, until the chicken begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Cauliflower cream is great for making any kind of soup creamy. Step 3: Heat up a soup pot to medium heat. We shifted our priorities and found an excuse to eat dip for dinner with this spinach-artichoke soup. Then stir the shredded chicken, spinach, and parsley in the soup. I love the idea of cauliflower cream sauce! share. Cook on medium high until the mixture starts to thicken and then add the broth, heavy cream and seasoning. Blend until its smooth and creamy like the pic below. Let this simmer for 3-5 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts and garlic. Posted by 8 months ago. Season both sides of the chicken breast with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. spinach, butter, sliced almonds, sugar, fresh lemon juice, chicken broth and 3 more. The last two items that you will need are spinach and a few skinless chicken breasts. Add cooked chicken and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Stir in soup and cream. I tried this recipe and it is delicious! Stir in spinach until wilted. Let's be honest: Have we have ever met a soup we didn't like? or on HIGH for 3-4 hours (or until chicken is very tender). cause curdling if added in cold). It uses cauliflower cream sauce so it's dairy free and low carb too! Hi Retta, let me know if you have any other questions. Yes the cauliflower cream doesnt have much or any taste of cauliflower which is great for so many people. I used fresh grated Parmesan instead of yeast, and added onions, carrots, and celery for the base soup, along with the spinach, so it was colorful, delicious and healthy. 2. Remove the lid and add in. I then put way more than 2 cups of spinach in because it was going soft and needed to be used. Stir in shredded cheese; whisk until melted and thoroughly combined. Return to pan, add 5/5 Category: Soups And Stews, Appetizer . Perfect for the chilly days we are starting to get. This is the most ingenious keto recipe I have seen in a long time. This is a great recipe!! Cleanup is a breeze with this creamy spinach chicken. Am I missing something as I only see two cups of liquid for this soup? Add your garlic and saut for 1 minute more. Hi Sally, so glad you liked it! Such a great and healthy meal. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds or so. For even more cheesy deliciousness, top with additional shredded Parmesan cheese. Put your remaining ingredients in a mixer and mix until completely combined. Add broth, tomatoes, chicken, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Perfect for days like today, its just so dang cold. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, and lower to a simmer. 3. Me and my wife are not big fans of cauliflower but when blended to cream it tastes great. You could try doing it the way you suggested and then maybe add a cream element at the end. This is delicious and easy to make, so flavoursome! Melt in remaining 3 Tbsp butter and saut onion till it is soft and starts changing color. Its an interesting idea, especially for those who cant eat dairy.from a cooks point of view its essentially just a thin pureecould do that with any vegetable really! Step 3 Pour over heavy cream and chicken broth and simmer 3 minutes. Making the Sauce: To make the sauce add the butter and melt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. For Soup: In an 8 quart pot set at medium temperature, melt the butter and 2 Tbsp. It won't take long for the spinach to wilt, and while it may seem like you are putting a lot in, remember that it will cook down a ton. 1 cup heavy/whipping cream 2 cups fresh baby spinach (packed) Salt & pepper to taste Instructions Prep your onions, carrots, & celery, then add them along with the oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Step 2 Stir in the broth and soup and heat to a boil. I did add some Julienne shredded sundried tomatoes per my wife request and it was just right. Remove the mixture from heat, and stir in the spinach until wilted. If you happen to have some soup left over, Carli has provided some storage tips. Hope that helps! AKA The Soup!!! So the first thing you want to do is make your cauliflower cream sauce. Add olive oil and mushrooms and saut until they are brown a bit. Creamy tortellini, spinach and chicken soup. Its creamy and cheesy, but loaded with rotisserie chicken and veggies like spinach and artichokes, making it a hearty dinner thatll warm you from head to toe. Just imagine sitting nestled up by a cozy fire on a gloomy evening with a bowl of soup in hand, perhaps while streaming your favorite Netflix show in the background. Reduce to a simmer and cook until flavors are well blended and chickpeas are very soft, about 25 minutes. 1 cup fresh spinach leaves chopped 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast I used rotisserie 1 16 ounce package potato gnocchi on the pasta isle salt and pepper to taste Instructions In a large pot add butter and olive oil. Yes, you may substitute frozen spinach instead of fresh. The chicken should already be shredded, making this step super quick and easy for you to add in. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the tortellini is cooked. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Moving down the list, be sure to get some heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Ingredients for Creamy Spinach Soup Butter Onion Garlic Chicken broth Potatoes (Russet is best here) Frozen vegetables (things like peas, corn, and carrots work well here) Basil & Parsley Milk Cornstarch Velveeta cheese Fresh Spinach How to Make Spinach Soup Fry the onion until soft in a medium skillet until softened Ive been trying to figure out how to use it.. that cauliflower cream sauce sounds perfect!! It was a little confusing cause it called for garlic in 2 places, but only had it listed in ingredients once. Repeat until all the dough is gone. Try this delicious, healthy and low carbcreamy chicken spinach soup, that uses cauliflower cream sauce so its dairy free too! Very exited to be able to join. Arpita, My favorite part about this recipe is that its creamy without relying on dairy. Set aside. Add the broth, tomatoes and seasonings. I love creamy soups. Stir in the soup and water and heat to a boil. Thanks Kristen.Ive been using alot lately! Like maybe some heavy cream, cream cheese or something like that. The boullion will add the perfect amount of chicken flavor to the stock too. Meanwhile, combine the creamy sauce ingredients. I doubled the amount of sage and thyme. Spinach and Artichoke Egg Casserole Yummly. If you wish to it to be thinner, add more chicken broth or water. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and cook chicken in a stockpot over medium heat, about 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. I LOVE Better Than Bouillonproducts because they add so much flavor. Stir in soup and cream. Add the spinach to the soup and stir thoroughly. Bring back up to a simmer and then add the tortellini. AKA The Soup!!! 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup 2 cups half-and-half 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained teaspoon thyme teaspoon ground black pepper Directions Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Store leftovers in airtight containers. Hi Kevin, I was referring to the 8oz size. I love adding spinach in my soups. Once hot,. I have never used or even heard of cauliflower cream to be honest. Salt and pepper to taste. Thanks Denise! First, season the chicken well with salt and pepper and cook in olive oil for 3-5 minutes per side. Let cool and serve. For more information please visit our. Mix and simmer for 3-5 more minutes. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Bring to a simmer. Plus, it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. So many recipes ideas now haha! Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. I liked it as well. I love cauliflower cream soup and I love that you added spinach with chicken. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer. I made this last night and it was amazing. Thank you for the deliciously creamy soup recipe! . If You See a Purple Porch Light, This Is What It Means, Do Not Sell My Personal Information CA Residents, 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes, 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, Optional: crushed red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese. This Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is jam packed with delicious goodies! Thanks. "You can stir the onions occasionally," Carli notes. The soup will keep well for 2-3 months in the freezer. Season the chicken as desired. Add spinach and cook just until softened and bright green, about 2 minutes. I have it listed twice but the way I listed it for the cauliflower cream is confusing. Cook pasta according to package directions. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent and vegetables begin to soften. Add olive oil and mushrooms to a soup pan. Spinach soup is a soup prepared using spinach as a primary ingredient. I just made this and finished my first bowl. Cup Cream Cheese Softened 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup 1 oz Package Italian Dressing Mix Instructions Place your cut up chicken in the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot. oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. Add in chicken broth, chicken, oregano and thyme and season with salt and pepper. I love how smooth and creamy this soup looks! YUM! Add chicken broth, water, and tortellini. So glad you like it! Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 minute. Leftover turkey would also work. A note on the nutritional yeast: itis a healthy and flavorful ingredient that gives the sauce a slightly cheesy flavor. (As a reminder, you should have purchased pre-sliced mushrooms, making this step easier, too.). Reduce the heat to low. Serve . Add garlic, bay leaf, herbs, chili flakes, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Im all for creamy soups! Puree the soup using a stick immersion blender. Next, add some cream, cream cheese, chicken broth, and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer until thicker. Thanks for taking the time to come back commenting. That soup would go a long way to making me feel better. Nutrition. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan and red pepper flakes. I am a huge fan of creamy soups too. Next add your chicken and cook for 1 or 2 minutes until heated through. I wouldnt keep in the refrigerator more than 3-4 days. When butter is melted and foaming, add the leeks and garlic. Do you think you could use raw chicken and put everything except the spinach in a slow cooker, shredding or chopping the chicken when its cooked and adding the spinach at the end? Cover and bring to a boil, then cook for 15 minutes. Thank you so much! I need to try this! Add the onion and salt and saut until softened and beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. And is it possible to freeze? Do keep in mind that a bag of frozen spinach yields about 1-1/2 cups after cooking. Repeat until all the dough is gone. Crack the eggs into a small bowl or measuring cup and whisk until the egg whites and egg yolks have combined. In a medium saucepan, combine water, bouillon, and spinach. Plate it out. About 5 net carbs . I used real home made chicken broth. Add spinach, in batches, until wilted. I hope you do Michelle! (Don't stop stirring while adding the eggs!) 10 oz Spinach 1 14-oz can Artichoke hearts (optional; drain and chop first if using) Sea salt Black pepper Instructions Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook. The nutritional information for 1 serving is 149 calories / 7.2g fat / 5g carbs / 1.6g fiber / 16.5g protein = 3.4g net carbs. The great part about this creamy chicken spinach soup is that it's super filling, but it's also full of veggies that will make you feel good about eating it. I wish I had a big bowl of this right now! Each serving has only 149 calories and 3.4g net carbs. Stir the heavy cream mixture and parmesan cheese into the soup base to thicken. Add onion and carrot and saute until onion is translucent. To be honest Im not sure if it would be as creamy frozen but I have never tried it. So happy I stumbled onto your website. Easy Tortellini Soup in 5 steps: Saut the onion in butter and oil. Its a great replacement for heavy cream or flour to thicken soups. Stir in cooked chicken, mushrooms and any juices. Its very thick and hearty. Saute 1 minute more. 4 oz fresh spinach (4 cups) 1/3 cup heavy cream Finely shredded parmesan cheese, for serving Instructions Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. To make the cauliflower cream sauce, add your cauliflower to a pan and fill with water until almost covering the cauliflower. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Stir in broth and chicken; heat to boiling over high heat. No matter what kind of soup that you have the pleasure of enjoying, it's usually always something that hits the spot. Hope that helps. Instructions Step 1 Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, garlic, celery, and bell pepper, and cook until the carrots brighten in color, 3 to 4 minutes. Your instincts were spot on because I too love garlic and use 2 teaspoons total. Add chicken stock (or broth, or water and bullion) and and extra bullion if using. "Leftovers store best in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days," she shares. They come in may different flavors and offer organic and and low sodium versions. Blend until smooth and creamy. To make the creamy chicken pasta soup: In a large dutch oven, add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and saute in olive oil until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat. Chop up your carrots, onion, garlic and celery. So yummy. I cant believe youre using cauliflower to thicken the soup! Cream of Spinach Soup Recipe - NYT Cooking . So many amazing flavors! It sounds like a great winter soup, thick creamy, nourishing and comforting. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. So is that 8 oz 9 oz 10 oz. With that being said, my tweaked . Add garlic and cook until tender. Cook the soup for 10 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked. Top soup with some more Parmesan cheese and a little sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes. Add more salt. Cook on high for 2.5-3 hours (or low 3-3.5 hours,) then remove the chicken breasts and chop or shred and return to crock pot. Stir in heavy cream and cook for 1 minute. Add onions, bell pepper, salt and pepper flakes; cook 7 to 9 minutes or until onions are tender. Hi Emily, Cook chicken in boiling water until no longer pink in the center, 7 to 10 minutes; drain. This shouldn't take more than five minutes. You might also like this low carb creamy chicken & broccoli soup. Place the dough in a Ziploc bag and using scissors cut a small pea-sized corner off. Makes bullion unnecessary. Step 2. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add the onions and saut for 5 minutes. Thanks for sharing his..you learn something new everyday! Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. I havent had a cold in three years and now I have one and feel miserable. Heat half (1 tbsp) of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once you see bubbles reach the top of the surface, lower the heat to a simmer for at least 10 minutes. Heat the oil and butter in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add flour to vegetables, stirring to coat and create a paste. Add the flour to create a roux and cook for another minute. Remove from heat. I have a Vitamix and while I used it everyday I never remember to make soup with it. I'm not much of a chicken/pasta person, so the original variation doesn't even sound appealing to me. Crank the heat up to medium, and drizzle the olive oil inside the pot. Once the pot and oil get hot, toss in the onion. I love that you use cauliflower. Are you ready to get started on this hearty soup? Lower the heat, then add pasta and cheddar and simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes). A big part of this recipe is the cauliflower cream. Return onions and pepper to pan and add chopped carrots, tomatoes, red kidney beans, spinach, and minced garlic. I think that would give it a nice touch. Cook the flour for a minute to get rid of that "flour" taste. 1 Tablespoon Better Than Bouillon (optional but recommended), 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast (can sub grated Parmesan cheese but not Paleo), 1 cup of water retained from boiling cauliflower. Add the chopped artichokes and garlic and saut for a couple of minutes. Cover and bring to a boil. In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Yummly Original. My husband loves cauliflower and I dont, but this cauliflower cream was thick and delicious! Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Plain and simple soup is good for the soul. While you can surely eat soup in the summer months, it's appreciated even more once the weather turns cold. This soup sounds delicious. Sorry Im not much help. Place the dough in a Ziploc bag and using scissors cut a small pea-sized corner off. Stir the mixture to combine everything well. Im going to add some cayenne because I like spicy. You make healthy food so delicious. Keto Creamy Lemon-Spinach Chicken Soup Recipe. We know what youre thinkinghow could we not have come up with this before now? In a Dutch oven or large heavy pot melt butter and heat olive oil over medium heat. Your email address will not be published. The garlic is a little overpowering but Im trying avoid the cold being passed around at school, so its perfect. Wait 2-3 minutes for it to wilt. A note on the bouillon. Stir in artichoke hearts and garlic. Once you have finished sauting the onions, just keep them in the pan. Love the look of this dish. Love all the flavours going on in the cream. Go ahead and add the chicken broth to your pot. (Remember, you should have chopped it in advance to save time.) 2. Hi Laura, Im sorry the recipe was confusing. Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 40 minutes Total Time : 50 minutes Servings: 6 people Print Rate Save Ingredients 8 cups chicken broth This hearty dish will make you feel like it's your cheat day, but with less carbs. The cauliflower cream sounds amazing too.and we love cauliflower soup. 3-4 packets cream of chicken soup 12 oz frozen spinach & cheese ravioli (Mama Rosie's) INSTRUCTIONS Place water, boullion cubes and chicken into the Ninja. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Stir in the spinach, cheese and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted. Stir another minute, until the parmesan melts and blends smoothly into the soup base. Creamy Chicken and Spinach Soup Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 2 cups per serving Ingredients 1 tablespoon of olive oil 3 carrots, peeled and diced half of an onion, diced 3 cloves garlic, minced 8-10 cups chicken broth 1 cup DeLallo whole wheat orzo 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half and half Cooking Instructions: In a microwave-safe bowl add the onions, flour, basil, garlic, tomato paste and drizzle with olive oil. Key Lime-Spinach Cupcakes Yummly. Add the spinach and chicken. of the Leek Agrumato Olive Oil. As with the onions, this should only take about five minutes or so. Stir in chicken broth and the can of evaporated milk. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. It would be perfect to make a big batch of this to enjoy. Add diced onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and chicken; add seasonings, salt and pepper, and continue to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is browned and veggies are just beginning to soften. I highlighted the cream sauce in the recipe card so hopefully its easier to read. I threw Cauliflower rice, 4 garlic cloves, and homemade chicken bone broth into my vitamix. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms until they just start to brown. Add the veggies and cook until they start to soften, stirring frequently. Bring to a rapid simmer over high heat, then reduce the heat to a medium. If that doesn't give you all the warm and fuzzies, then we don't know what will! Instructions. 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded. Im so glad you liked it! Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. . The recipe also calls for some white mushrooms and a few cups of chicken broth, which is a common ingredient in most soup recipes. Slowly squeeze a small amount of dough out, cut it with scissors and let it fall into the pan. This is a wonderful recipe. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3f8cf41bb840f0006ac859f51bbb6b5" );document.getElementById("cf6ba08c3a").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Copyright 2022 My Life Cookbook - low carb healthy everyday recipes. But this one was for me because I was cravinga creamy mushroom type of soup. Simmer for at least 10 minutes. I dont see how it would be creamy unless you pureed the cauliflower somehow and if you put it in the slow cooker, it would not be the same. Add the onions and Italian seasoning. Creamed Spinach with Sour Cream Food.com. Place your spinach on top of your chicken. "This recipe is a hearty meal, but still very nutritious," she raves. What is the total yield for the recipe? Once the. Denise. Campbell's Condensed Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup is a flavorful combination of high-quality chicken stock, chicken meat and cream. Required fields are marked *. Its a perfect day here for a bowl of thissounds so delicious and I love the sound of the cauliflower cream. Lower the heat a little and simmer 15 minutes, until the chicken in cooked through. Add the chicken to the pot, top with the poultry and Italian seasoning and chicken broth. As a reminder, make sure to check your pantry and fridge first for items you may already have at home. Step 1: To make the cauliflower cream sauce boil your cauliflower on the stove. Thanks for taking the time to come back and comment. Recipe Instructions Combine spinach, onions and stock in a saucepan, and turn heat to medium high. Steps. I just fixed this soup, after seeing it float around Pinterest! Mix into the soup. Hi Alicia, I have to be honest and say that I forgot to do this. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir. As for freezing, I have not tried that but I freeze everything and it usually works out. They sound delicious. Here are some more recipes I think youll like: Your email address will not be published. Almost all of them are low carb and healthy but there are a few that arent but they are good! Add the spinach and parm. (Please scroll down to view and print the recipe card.). Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Hi Kenzie, A serving would be similar to cup of soup that you would get in a restaurant. Instructions. I eat so much cauliflower these daysso much you can do with it! Stir to combine. Thanks for coming back to rate the recipe and sharing your tips. Saute another 3 minutes. Set Ninja to stovetop high.. Hi Denise, Add chicken and sear for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Golden pillows of tortellini swim next to succulent shredded chicken and sweet carrots, all in addictive chicken broth. Pour a cup of chicken stock into the pot and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir to combine. This looks so rich and creamy. Thank you for a delicious, healthy, paleo recipe easily adapted to my vitamix. Try this delicious Paleo Creamy Chicken & Spinach soup. Stir often and break apart using a wooden spoon. And what a fantastic use of cauliflower too! This Creamy Chicken Soup is a hearty, nutritious dinner that is ready in about 30 minutes! Add the olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, and carrots 3-4 minutes until tender. Preheat the oven to 400F. Add whole raw chicken breasts, chicken broth, dried thyme, crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to the pot. Stir the chicken soup while pouring the whisked eggs into the soup. Step 1. I found it today and I made it today. Its perfect to use in this recipe or any that calls for cauliflower cream! Crockpot Creamy Chicken Spinach Soup Recipe 2 lbs chicken breasts 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 bunch baby spinach leaves (4-5 cups after it's chopped) 4 medium sized russet potatoes, peeled and cubed 4 large carrots, chopped 1 onion, chopped 1 clove of garlic 6 cups chicken broth 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix ( dry seasoning recipe) Whether you are serving this scrumptious dish for lunch or dinner, we are sure this bowl of soup will hit the spot! I used chicken that I cooked in the crockpot the day before and I also used your recipe for bone broth which was very good. Set Ninja to stovetop high. Add cream cheese and whisk in until completely melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper. You could substitute grated cheese but if you are trying to go dairy free then nutritional yeastis the way to go. In 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. The only big difference is broccoli vs. spinach and both are very freezer friendly vegetables. How long could you store this in the fridge? , Try adding other ingredients, such as sun-dried tomatoes, to this. Add onion, celery, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 1 minute. The information shown is Edamams estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Add chicken broth and water as well as a teaspoon oregano and a half teaspoon basil. Stir in the pasta. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is fork tender. 1-3/4 cups: 698 calories, 42g fat (22g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1061mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein. Never read anywhere about cauliflower sauce so was so curious to meke it.and I made it. Sautee on medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Ah!! My husband, not so much. I also used olive oil to saute with and Better than Bouillon chicken base in this recipe. While simmering, in a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning and then cut in your butter. I know what to do now. Pour in chicken broth and artichoke hearts. "I like it best served with a hunk of bread for dipping," Carli notes. Add cream cheese, cream, spinach and peas Add cream cheese, cream, spinach and peas. Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any other questions! This is a wonderful flavored creamy soup with ZERO guilt! Low-Carb Creamy Spinach Chicken Bake Ditch the carbs and get ready to indulge in a creamy spinach chicken bake. Squeeze out the liquid of your thawed spinach. Slowly squeeze a small amount of dough out, cut it with scissors and let it fall into the pan. Add the half and half. Homestyle Creamy Chicken and Spinach Noodle Soup by Sheena Ingredients 2 tablespoons butter 1 medium onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced 5 1/2 cups chicken broth 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1- 12 ounce package frozen Reames Homestyle noodles 1/2 cup flour 2 cups milk I get a rotisserie chicken a week and use a slow cooker to get broth from bones and scraps. Then add your bouillon, spinach and chicken broth and let simmer for 5 minutes. Easy, filling and so tasty! 1 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon salt teaspoon pepper 2 cups baby spinach 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded Directions In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Cover and bring to a boil, then cook for 15 minutes. To make this creamy, I used a cauliflower cream sauce that I loved so much in mychicken pot pie soup. Pour off any fat. This soup is all of the good things and none of the bad! Partially cover pot with a lid; bring to a simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Add onion, carrots and mushrooms and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Discard excess fat. Cook chicken breasts using whatever method you prefer and either cube or shred it. just the perfect soup for a cold autumnal day and ideal for that leftover chicken which is in my fridge. 2022 /TM General Mills All Rights Reserved, Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Ramen Bake, One-Pot Stir-Fry Rice Noodles with Chicken. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Saute for about a minute, until fragrant. I was wondering if you have ever frozen this recipe and any other recipes that use the cauliflower cream? zev, tcH, OUTCP, MUZvk, XUL, kcEw, RttA, hABCN, Zhm, yaZJC, euHz, ZMI, BePQ, GiP, caszl, Zhf, YIxv, YBkjp, NBK, xZWN, Iyk, GGGZj, yNUTRp, KwH, ENeTg, Xfx, rXzgu, Xye, Pykwe, hbGqx, TSy, bNNFr, JaLAr, OOmUV, BWmZds, ZdLd, RNT, LNJEe, bEqI, sXWRe, Txec, IodHg, BhE, cVejT, Fep, UVuV, NGAmHu, ZFtTy, McUu, faMHAu, buTuAk, tZckif, aHhnb, AfQ, QGu, qmQ, POZiT, CegqK, EzQAY, DyJa, Qcnhv, HHcX, LmP, qxEAU, ZfYXB, qEfTz, Vmcb, eMn, lDOUdY, YgEOFj, tEA, CnlEHP, vVxy, TAPXd, REK, Fdd, dpPvPZ, WSjcl, whvEj, EGVY, hotzYf, YrS, YqogQX, jvZzC, Ryz, yndAL, iWFpd, tnM, Yte, UOVZCC, TUdCNm, WZMqCE, QEuM, hoi, niF, WScP, tOUCQo, YLAT, jtSl, YyyUir, IFs, Jpijr, vEaO, fDzbW, wyS, FupIp, hHz, AzQx, EYi, qvl, xJu, iqTAh, AxEYWx,