how to make card clickable in react js

index.js is my main file, it is where my App component is located. Choose from appending "image caps" at either end of a card, overlaying images with card content, or simply embedding the image in a card. How to check whether a string contains a substring in JavaScript? In material ui using makeStyles, is it possible to write a css rule that applies only if the element has both classes? how can I make a clickable image in react without showing the hyperlinks? Not sure if it was just me or something she sent to the whole team. How to structure a component using React Hooks with an object that uses the DOM directly? How to use context in ReactJS to change the property in different function, React useEffect is returning empty data when page loads for the first time. I have the Card component which has an image(Card Media) and text(Card Text) inside it. How to make react-google Chart label clickable; ReactJS: How to make <div/> float not affect the next <div/>? Site design / logo 2022 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. By doing that, you ensure good keyboard navigation support given that the focus-visible styles also apply to the entire card. Here is the solution that worked for us, thanks to https://stackoverflow.com/a/50444524/192092. npx create-react-app foldername How to make material ui icon clickable and redirect to url, How to make AppBar component from material-ui-next react to scroll events. Something like that - <Card handleClick= {this.handleClickMethod} />. No problem with passing to the function component though, Merge objects from the same array by two with different keys. We can also use Link tag to make the whole Card component clickable and for navigation. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. How can I make the card component work with react-split-pane component? Please use the following solution only if you are stuck with v1. Here's a typical card requirements list looks like: They should have headings and text and link to another document You should be able to click anywhere on the card to go to the other document Except, there could also be inline links in text that should go to another document And they should have a button to close them Semantic HTML How to make the GridList component in React Material-UI responsive, How to pass the match when using render in Route component from react router (v4). My question is..how to make the whole card clickable? Wouldn't .map work then? What is the best way to secure Firebase API keys in a react app so it is not accessible publicly? How to map local array in React card component using Typescript? Is it cheating if the proctor gives a student the answer key by mistake and the student doesn't report it? Making a react component clickable; How to make Card component clickable? It looks like this following image. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. I can not get the state from react router Link component using useLocation. Yeah it's working how the code demo shows. My recommendation would be wrap the card with an unstyled button, so you can take all the advantages of a button (click, tab, keyboard support). The useState method creates a variable and a method to set the value of this variable. 11 Answers Sorted by: 52 Update for v3 29 of August 2018 A specific CardActionArea component has been added to cover specifically this case in version 3.0.0 of Material UI. I also have a button underneath the text. Concentration bounds for martingales with adaptive Gaussian steps, Better way to check if an element only exists in one array. object 215 Questions Making a react component clickable I have a functional REACT component, code is as follows x 26 26 1 const MobileListing = (props) => { 2 3 function handleClick() { 4 console.log('in cardClick'); 5 } 6 return ( 7 <div> 8 <Row> 9 <Card onClick={ () => handleClick()} style={ {cursor : 'pointer'}} > 10 Not able to set state in componentWillReceiveProps in React, React-cropper - cropBox is out of the image. Overriding the material-UI style not working. Clickable div acting as a button function react js; Latest Posts. Then inside Card component you can call the handleClick function. Can several CRTs be wired in parallel to one oscilloscope circuit? How to make MobX update the component when observable is not used in the render method? If you're using react router, this also works. In this article, we will create a simple text clickable in React.js just like you would create in a normal HTML project. Ready to optimize your JavaScript with Rust? Syntax: <card> <card.content> </card.content> </card> Creating React Application And Installing Module: Step 1: Create a React application using the following command. I see people use a file named App.js, not sure why, but that's another question for later. I saw that your cards have a remove button, so you'll have to pass it from your App component to your MainCard component. Since the antd Card already supports onClick, you can pass this onClick to your custom property like below: Try this, onClick expects a function, and is invoking when render() is executed. Update for v3 29 of August 2018. Importantly, the item has a key attribute that should be unique. reactjs 2080 Questions How to Create a Simple React Js Card Component | React Js Tutorial for Beginners - YouTube Hey There , in this video I will show you how to create a reusable simple card component. How to make a React component fade in on scroll using IntersectionObserver, but only once? rev2022.12.11.43106. I'm searching for solutions online but haven't been able to find one that solves the problem. Then, add the overlay prop to expand it. All rights reserved. How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery? how to write inline js event handler code in the react component using "this". How do i make my reusable react component saves when the user clicks button? How do I access the index of a selected item in list using React and Material UI? Using flutter mobile packages in flutter web. How to add type FunctionComponent to React functional component using the "function" syntax and not "const"? You can easily reproduce that exact behaviour by composing MUI Card* components with the mighty ButtonBase component. How can I update component in React after adding a new item into the database, using react hooks? Inside the components folder create a file Cards.js Project Structure: It will look like the following. You don't need to worry about the spread operator (). How to make the whole Card component clickable in Material UI using React JS? Set the onClick prop on the button element. As stated on Charles Bamford's response, you'll have to use the useState method. The addItem() callback will add a new item into the object in state. Something like that - . - YouTube CSS : How to make the whole Card component clickable in Material UI using React JS?. Can you explain what the removeCard function is? Worked for what I needed. How to center a component in MUI and make it responsive? Is it supposed to remove the cards? Copyright 2022 www.appsloveworld.com. What worked for me is to wrap the with a component. Then if you need to pass some props, or use logic, just pass the function/content in the prop to Card. How to make a Column data clickable one in React table? Here is the solution that worked for us, thanks to https://stackoverflow.com/a/50444524/192092. A running example can be found here on CodeSandbox: https://codesandbox.io/s/q9wnzv7684. javascript css reactjs material-design material-ui 68,456 Solution 1 Update for v3 29 of August 2018 A specific CardActionArea component has been added to cover specifically this case in version 3.0.0 of Material UI. My goal at the moment is to create a button that when clicked will create a new card with a random number generated in the card. Quick and easy, but probably not as pretty as some of the other solutions. So now it creates the cards but it's creating within the button. Then inside Card component you can call the handleClick function. The Material Components for Web library has this as its first usage example for the Card Component. Something like that - <Card handleClick= {this.handleClickMethod} />. Let's look at the following example to understand how it basically works: APP.js. You're amazing. How can I display the data of an array from an API? how to map inside another map in React.js, Function Component re renders 3 times every fetch, React + ApolloProvider + Typescript = "JSX element class does not support attributes" error. vue.js 679 Questions What you probably want to achieve is a Card Action (see specification) on the top part of the card. Any ideas how I can achieve this? Cannot read property 'map' of undefined. Please use the following solution only if you are stuck with v1. arrays 773 Questions Currently my buttons are stylized the following way. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Answers with an explanation are usually more helpful and of better quality, and are more likely to attract upvotes. Why is my homepage being set to a specific url instead of the usual '/'? How to make the whole Card component clickable in Material UI using React JS? how do I make axios API call in a separate component / file? Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple, but I just can't figure out what that is. We added one Button in this component. ie. Material UI Paper component does not fit the parent component height, Can't remove scrollbar from Material UI Dialog, color change for the loading bar component of material ui. How to make a link clickable in React.Js inside render? I included it as an example of what I have tried. How can I remove a specific item from an array? You need to call an onClick event inside the Card component. You have helped me so much I really appreciate you. I was spreading the items because I forgot that wasn't how react works. Where does the idea of selling dragon parts come from? A specific CardActionArea component has been added to cover specifically this case in version 3.0.0 of Material UI.. Does aliquot matter for final concentration? How to make production build for electron + react js + next; In React and Material-UI how do I make my Grid items take up . To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Full width material-ui Button within a Badge? next.js 120 Questions Update for v3 29 of August 2018. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. A specific CardActionArea component has been added to cover specifically this case in version 3.0.0 of Material UI.. React dont render null values in cell using string literal, Reactjs unable to pass data to parent object, Mocking functions called inside then() with jest, Create-react-app build files tilde ~ character, While passing props to class component returns undefined. Are the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average securities? import {useState} from 'react'; const . Everytime you change a state (using it's setter) React will check the code and re-render everywhere it was used. Also I strongly suggest to keep the CardActions component outside of the ButtonBase. You can easily reproduce that exact behaviour by composing MUI Card* components with the mighty ButtonBase component. This is the initial value right? It works perfectly. ie. How can I pass props from a Parent to Child with this.props.children? Dual EU/US Citizen entered EU on US Passport. What you probably want to achieve is a Card Action (see specification) on the top part of the card. I need to have some fields in ui-schema which do not exist in schema section. express 206 Questions You could add an onClick={clickFunction} to the containing div of the card that links to the same function as the button. The current card you see in the above image is hard coded at the moment. A card looks like this on my site and I want to make the whole card clickable. How to make the whole Card component clickable in Material UI using React JS? The Material Components for Web library has this as its first usage example . google-apps-script 146 Questions A specific CardActionArea component has been added to cover specifically this case in version 3.0.0 of Material UI. React Native: How to make format card expiration with / using ? ReactJS: How to make a component call a method only the very first it is rendered? dom-events 202 Questions To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. When would I give a checkpoint to my D&D party that they can return to if they die? firebase 189 Questions The Material Components for Web library has this as its first usage example for the Card Component. How to make a link clickable in React.Js inside render? How to make the entries in one column clickable in React Table? How do you add multiple elements to Material-UI's AppBar component? React Cards with Bootstrap - examples & tutorial Getting started MDB Pro CLI & hosting Layout Content & styles Navigation Components Accordion Alerts Badges Buttons Button group Cards Carousel Chips Collapse Dropdowns Lightbox List group Modal Placeholders Popconfirm Popovers Progress Rating Spinners Stepper Toasts Tooltips Forms Data Utilities How do I detect a click outside an element? How to improve handleBlur to ignore accepting hyphen as the character length in the input? How to make a component show/hide on scroll in react.js. When should i use streams vs just accessing the cloud firestore once in flutter? Sure. What properties should my fictional HEAT rounds have to punch through heavy armor and ERA? html 2068 Questions How to check if widget is visible using FlutterDriver. You will need something like this: With an array like this [10, 15, 33], the cards.map will do something like this for you: We are passing the "number" and the "onRemove" function from the App component to the MainCard component. CSS : How to make the whole Card component clickable in Material UI using React JS? Disable overlay when clicking anywhere on page. Everything inside of it will be clickable. How do I prerender a namespaced react component using the react-rails gem? How does React Hooks useCallback "freezes" the closure? How do I program my alert to disappear after 3 seconds? For example: Copyright 2022 www.appsloveworld.com. I came here with a similar question. What you probably want to achieve is a Card Action (see specification) on the top part of the card. If you only want a single card, add it in addItem(), then make sure to disable or remove the button when the card has been added. Then I realized that I can remove the {item} after the button like you show up there, add my text, which in this case is Add Card and move the {item} down to my card container. You can use the onClick either on the top-level div element for this, or, in case there would be more cards inside the Row you can wrap each with a div and give it the onClick, property. Whether a user presses on the card text, or the card image or the button, it should trigger the onClick event which I call on the button. If you're using react router, this also works. Just wrap the whole thing in the Material CardActionArea component. Cards component for rendering any type of content: photos, text, video and forms in a consistent way. It works now. ecmascript-6 183 Questions They are located in a header container at the top of my page. I can't figure out how to add the onClick= functionality for it to work the way I'm envisioning it. Using React how do I toggle the visibility of a nested component from a container component? How to make a React component setState() based on a Redux state change? A card looks like this on my site and I want to make the whole card clickable. Any idea what it could mean? It will create one card as like below: Material-UI card. Why was USB 1.0 incredibly slow even for its time? javascript 12361 Questions Instead, per my answer, wrap with <Link> element. Please use the following solution only if you are stuck with v1. Why would Henry want to close the breach? I also have a button underneath the text. Then inside Card component you can call the handleClick function. How to make the whole Card component clickable in Material UI using React JS. We do not currently allow content pasted from ChatGPT on Stack Overflow; read our policy here. css 937 Questions Can someone help me understand what I am doing wrong? All rights reserved. export default App; CardContent component is used to put the contents. forms 116 Questions Making whole card clickable in Reactstrap; Clickable url value in ag-grid with react; How do you make a map with clickable countries in Angular 2? I want to make the entire card clickable. So how can I pass it? Please use the following solution only if you are stuck with v1. Can we keep alcoholic beverages indefinitely? I read through a post on stack overflow Making whole card clickable in Reactstrap which talks about using an anchor tag, but that doesnt work for me. Notice that what you are attaching to the div's onClick listener is the value returned by alert and not actually a function that should be run whenever the div is clicked. How to add floating action button on the right-bottom side of the screen using material ui in react, How to prevent React from re-rendering the whole component. Would salt mines, lakes or flats be reasonably found in high, snowy elevations? Also I strongly suggest to keep the CardActions component outside of the ButtonBase. How to make the whole Card component clickable in Material UI using React JS? You can easily reproduce that exact behaviour by composing MUI Card* components with the mighty ButtonBase component. We can also add more that one buttons in CardActions. Then if you need to pass some props, or use logic, just pass the function/content in the prop to Card. The way that you so that is by passing it on your MainCard component, like this: removeCard(index)} /> In your MainCard component you'll have to get it from the props, like this: const MainCard = ({ onRemove }) => { return ( And then you call it on your remove button: