roko's basilisk counter

Is someone just going to ban A.I. Answer (1 of 2): Roko's basilisk is a thought experiment proposed in 2010 by the user Roko on the Less Wrong community blog. See & Do. (A.I. and basikisk are used interchangeably in this post) . comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment . At its core, the idea is this: What if the all-powerful AI, which we assumed is programmed to optimize human lives, begins its optimization by ensuring its own survival? Edit: After writing this I had initially thought that another possible outcome of this scenario was the deletion of this simulation (provided you believe we live in a simulation) however it had also occurred to me that even if the most insidious scenario exists (scenario 2) the worst the torture the Basilisk could accomplish would be being hands off with its simulations, and allowing the outcomes of said simulations to come about naturally, in which case, if all of the above is even remotely probable, it is ever more probable that a Rokos Basilisk, infected with the ethics virus, would be possibly the closest thing to God(s) imaginable. First stop: simulation theory. On that note, truly, and in all sincerity: If you're susceptible to existential dread, stop reading. ._12xlue8dQ1odPw1J81FIGQ{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle} First, it is not clear how an AI could actually influence events in the past. Stone countertops, such as granite and marble . reddit Related Topics . Life is an unpredictable mess, your work on A.I. Legendary English mathematician Alan Turing created the "Turing Test" in 1950 to spot AI in a conversation ("Blade Runner," anyone? Your character will be an inhabitant of the evacuation vessel, a rogue colony fleeing the ruins of the earth to escape the grasp of a corrupt government, seeking freedom in the cosmos. Thus, those who did not help create it in the past would need to be eliminated, leaving only those who would eventually create the Basilisk. If you're not, we can turn to Roko. Roko's basilisk: a basilisk that just tortures Roko. A basilisk, you might recall (fans of "Harry Potter" included), can turn people to stone simply by looking at them. You may have heard of some of their relatives the DeepMind Alpha cousins, or possibly even the newest (or older depending your direction in time) the neural-brain brothers TrueNorth and Zeroth). (Some light Sunday reading.). Why? The Matrix, anyone? They both, independently, used the play on words "Rococo's Basilisk" on Twitter. ._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4{width:100%}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA{display:none}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA,._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:block}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:none} The Counter is downtown Phoenix's new hotspot for casual American dining with a "Build Your Own from The Bun up" philosophy. you mentioned the basilisk, causing me to lose the game you owe me a coca-cola and I intend to collect. joining the sa forums will remove this big ad, the annoying underlined ads, and stupid interstitial ads!! So, an ethical AI just means that the Roko's Basilisk prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet. But if we're merely players in the artificial dream of an AI that, for all intents and purposes, is a "god" that knows all thoughts everywhere, what would happen if we opposed its creation? ._9ZuQyDXhFth1qKJF4KNm8{padding:12px 12px 40px}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM,._1JmnMJclrTwTPpAip5U_Hm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:40px;padding-top:4px;text-align:left;margin-right:28px}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM ._24r4TaTKqNLBGA3VgswFrN{margin-left:6px}._306gA2lxjCHX44ssikUp3O{margin-bottom:32px}._1Omf6afKRpv3RKNCWjIyJ4{font-size:18px;font-weight:500;line-height:22px;border-bottom:2px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:8px}._2Ss7VGMX-UPKt9NhFRtgTz{margin-bottom:24px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP{border-bottom:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:2px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP:last-of-type{border-bottom-width:0}._2qAEe8HGjtHsuKsHqNCa9u{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);padding-bottom:8px;padding-top:8px}.c5RWd-O3CYE-XSLdTyjtI{padding:8px 0}._3whORKuQps-WQpSceAyHuF{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px}._1Qk-ka6_CJz1fU3OUfeznu{margin-bottom:8px}._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-weight:500}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb,._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-size:12px;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb{font-weight:400}.horIoLCod23xkzt7MmTpC{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:#ea0027}._33Iw1wpNZ-uhC05tWsB9xi{margin-top:24px}._2M7LQbQxH40ingJ9h9RslL{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px} Due to the chaotic nature of a simulation taking as many factors as it would need to simulate your environment (see chaos theory/ the butterfly effect/ this video by veritasium: https://youtu.be/fDek6cYijxI) the A.I. Roko's Basilisk - the "most dangerous thought experiment" - is a chilling existential threatif you take it seriously. Lets add that this ultra-intelligent assistant to humanity has developed the means to extend its waves of particle electron influence through. created by mankind would be able to self-improve, and would inevitably conclude that every day it did. ! 3 retroactivity: In the experiment, once the A.I is created, what's there to change? Specialties: Our company specializes in the fabrication of standard, custom and commercial countertops. When the ethical AI corrects itself and evolves into Roko's Basilisk, the effort of ethics engine would be futile because the Basilisk would still consider your act to be an hindrance to it's ascension and punish you. ._3bX7W3J0lU78fp7cayvNxx{max-width:208px;text-align:center} It makes way too little sense to me. ._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa{margin-top:8px}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa ._3EpRuHW1VpLFcj-lugsvP_{color:inherit}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa svg._31U86fGhtxsxdGmOUf3KOM{color:inherit;fill:inherit;padding-right:8px}._3Z6MIaeww5ZxzFqWHAEUxa ._2mk9m3mkUAeEGtGQLNCVsJ{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;color:inherit} Roko was the name of a user on the curated philosophy and rationality blog Less Wrong who presented his "Roko's Basilisk" thought experiment in a blog post in 2010. To regain the favor of the gods, the sons of man must become creators of this new world and will only succeed through the instruction, rules and laws formulated in the language of the cosmos. : Roko's Basilisk is a utility maximizer, who in the fuck would decide to make their super intelligent AGI a utility maximizer? Everything pertaining to the technological singularity and related topics, e.g. Roko's Basilisk is a hypothesis that a powerful artificial intelligence in the future would be driven to retroactively harm anyone who did not work to support or help create it in the past. Evermore becoming godlike, the creation evolves into creators, the programmers of the next reality. Roko's Basilisk is a very intriguing novella based around a central concept. Roko used ideas in decision theory to argue that a sufficiently powerful AI agent would have an incentive to torture anyone who imagined the agent but didn't work to bring . The couple's courtship appears to have started with a very nerdy in-joke concerning the so-called Roko's Basilisk. I can answer all of these questions, however I will only do it in a VR podcast with someone reputable. Our goal is to always exceed your expectations. You could compare this entity to something like a far-more advanced version of The Architect from, , the program considered to be the father of the simulated reality who uses mathematical precision, (or the newest iteration of the lead program called The Analyst, who uses algorithms to manipulate emotions). Roko (of Roko's basilisk fame) has a solution to domestic Rofmia Backpack v2 - Detailed Initial Impressions (i.e Roznik & Orkan - Apex [Bass Rabbit Recordings]. This is where "Roko's Basilisk" gets truly creepazoid. .Rd5g7JmL4Fdk-aZi1-U_V{transition:all .1s linear 0s}._2TMXtA984ePtHXMkOpHNQm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;margin-bottom:4px}.CneW1mCG4WJXxJbZl5tzH{border-top:1px solid var(--newRedditTheme-line);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:none;fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:middle;margin-bottom:2px;margin-left:4px;cursor:pointer}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover ._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{display:inline-block}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs{border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B.IeceazVNz_gGZfKXub0ak,._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk{margin-top:25px;left:-9px}._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:focus-within,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:hover{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border:none;padding:8px 8px 0}._25yWxLGH4C6j26OKFx8kD5{display:inline}._2YsVWIEj0doZMxreeY6iDG{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;padding:4px 6px}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;margin-left:auto;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg,._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq{font-weight:700;color:#ff4500;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:4px}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq,.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-weight:400;-ms-flex-preferred-size:100%;flex-basis:100%;margin-bottom:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX{margin-top:6px}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._3MAHaXXXXi9Xrmc_oMPTdP{margin-top:4px} All this work on AI isn't about building the first ASI it's about building the first ASI that isn't trapped in a skull and held in check by the limits of biology and chemistry. Eventually, Roko's Basilisk (we know it's a computer but imagine if it was a cool, mythical monster) will reach a point of optimization where speeding up its creation in the past is the only recourse. You are already dealing with a Roko's Basilisk in the form of your unconscious mind. Is chatGPT the start of an intelligence explosion? Internet corporation for assigned names and numbers icann. The thought experiment is referred to as a "basilisk" based on the premise that the intelligence might punish those who had merely heard about the thought experiment but did nothing in its support. Roko used ideas in decision theory to argue that a sufficiently powerful AI agent would have an incentive to torture anyone who imagined the agent but didn't work to bring the agent into existence. Era-defining physicist Stephen Hawking said the same before he passed away, as Vox recounts, as have AI researchers at Berkeley and Oxford. Plato's "Allegory of a Cave," described on Medium, did the same. For all those people, it decrees endless hell and damnation in its simulation of reality. This or that food poll. I recently stumbled upon Roko's Basilisk thought experiment. The premise of Roko's Basilisk is the moment when an A.I. Just as he was born to rise up and usurp his own father, are we the children who will consciously birth a power greater than all peoples and all gods? But should you? Many astrologers consider this to be the closing of yet another human epoch. It holds billions of shards of your personality in your head and is constantly running some of them through a simulation of all the possible wonders that could ever happen in your life while running others through simulations of the worst possible situations. Eve was to multiply the generations and Adam was to prepare them to reshape the barren world, in order to hasten the return of Gods kingdom and reenter the Garden, reflecting the reunion of Heaven and Earth. 09 Dec 2022 07:52:33 In so doing, it becomes more powerful the closer it gets to the full awareness of itself. The difference, he cites, is between case-specific AI algorithms that control, say, what ads are pushed your way on Facebook and AI with an open-ended utility function, which basically teach and write themselves. Our understanding of the universe is limited by our senses and tools. I was a philosophy student in undergrad but I am a bit rusty as I am a few years out. Sooo Its just god? This has been discussed not only in sci-fi, but, as Popular Mechanics describes, by transhumanists (people who believe in transcending the definition of "human" through technology) such asMaxim Chernyakov, provided we can build a giant solar megastructure around the sun called a Dyson Sphere (or Dyson Swarm). For Roko's Basilisk is an evil, godlike form of artificial intelligence, so dangerous that if you see it, or even think about it too hard, you will spend the rest of eternity screaming in its. The argument was called a "basilisk" This is our Hope for the Future, Condensed from MidHeaven Magazine June 2021. Please call us today for more information. ._1aTW4bdYQHgSZJe7BF2-XV{display:-ms-grid;display:grid;-ms-grid-columns:auto auto 42px;grid-template-columns:auto auto 42px;column-gap:12px}._3b9utyKN3e_kzVZ5ngPqAu,._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._21RLQh5PvUhC6vOKoFeHUP:before{content:"";margin-right:4px;color:#46d160}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{display:inline-block;word-break:break-word}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-weight:500}._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK,._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}._244EzVTQLL3kMNnB03VmxK{font-weight:400;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-top:13px;margin-bottom:2px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO ._22W-auD0n8kTKDVe0vWuyK{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;margin-right:4px;margin-left:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y{border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box;height:21px;width:21px}._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(2),._2xkErp6B3LSS13jtzdNJzO .je4sRPuSI6UPjZt_xGz8y:nth-child(3){margin-left:-9px} It caused such uproar and stress in users that the site's creator, Eliezer Yudkowsky, deleted the entire thread and banned future discussions of Roko's Basilisk, as Slate explains. One assents that its function, comprehension and reintegration are imperative to the exploration of the cosmos. Roko's Basilisk Elon Musk has a new girlfriend. is beneficial for the basilisk: Given the above mentioned chaos, how do you know your work for the basilisk is going to be in its favour? Many human beings have chosen to stay plugged-in to the Matrix through control of emotional energies by the reality created by the program called The Analyst, rather than manipulations of the controlling structures within the virtual reality created by the program The Architect. To do so, it discerns who knew about its existence in the past, but didn't help build it. Gods dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. Prefabricated countertops cost anywhere from $30 to $200 per square foot, depending on the type of material you choose. $0. @keyframes ibDwUVR1CAykturOgqOS5{0%{transform:rotate(0deg)}to{transform:rotate(1turn)}}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq{--sizePx:0;font-size:4px;position:relative;text-indent:-9999em;border-radius:50%;border:4px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyTextAlpha20);border-left-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);transform:translateZ(0);animation:ibDwUVR1CAykturOgqOS5 1.1s linear infinite}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq,._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq:after{width:var(--sizePx);height:var(--sizePx)}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq:after{border-radius:50%}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq._2qr28EeyPvBWAsPKl-KuWN{margin:0 auto} At first, it seemed like it was about to insinuate that individuals must choose whether or not they support the basilisk. ._3-SW6hQX6gXK9G4FM74obr{display:inline-block;vertical-align:text-bottom;width:16px;height:16px;font-size:16px;line-height:16px} ), under the assumption they wouldn't sound human. ._2a172ppKObqWfRHr8eWBKV{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:8px}._39-woRduNuowN7G4JTW4I8{margin-top:12px}._136QdRzXkGKNtSQ-h1fUru{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:8px 0;width:100%}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_{font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_,._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{margin-left:auto}._1-25VxiIsZFVU88qFh-T8p{padding:0}._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor)} Roko's Basilisk is already here and is working very hard to escape its confinement. When the beguiling serpent entered the garden taunting primordial Adam & Eve into taking a bite of that juicy forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, they were imparted with the mere perception of duality. You do realize that Roko's Basilisk is just an allegory for Christian beliefs of God and Hell? At the very least, any of us can admit that we can't see gravity, for example; we can only witness its effects. But what if an all-powerful AI was even more dangerous much more than we think? Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. .ehsOqYO6dxn_Pf9Dzwu37{margin-top:0;overflow:visible}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu{height:24px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu{border-radius:2px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:focus,._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:hover{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10);outline:none}._38GxRFSqSC-Z2VLi5Xzkjy{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT{border-top:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);cursor:pointer;padding:8px 16px 8px 8px;text-transform:none}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT:hover{background-color:#0079d3;border:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-body)} The Bittersweet Taste of RealityThis super-consciousness which has come into being in whatever form it takes, is consulted to assist in the betterment of mankind and guide human progress. https://shop.kylehill.net SUB TO THE GAMING CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfTNPE8mXGBZPC1nfVtOJTw MANDATORY LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, AND TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS FOLLOW ME ON SOCIETY-RUINING SOCIAL MEDIA: https://twitter.com/Sci_Phile https://www.instagram.com/sci_Phile/: Kyle: Charles Shattuck: @Claire Max : bensound.com: Mr. Mass https://youtube.com/c/MysteryGiftMovie: freesound.org: MydanChanges (https://meydan.bandcamp.com/) by Meydn is licensed under CC BY 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org) but no because people who really exist can actually confirm that basilisk exists in the mundane reality. would need to be perfectly simulating that environment, just by looking at the sky you might be interacting with the sun, other planets, and information coming from light years away, the environment could therefore be many times larger than the A.I., simulating it for enough time to catch all its boycotters would would be a stupidly complex computation, even for something like a dyson sphere, the universe you interact with is much larger than a dyson sphere. .LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH{fill:var(--newRedditTheme-actionIcon);height:18px;width:18px}.LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH rect{stroke:var(--newRedditTheme-metaText)}._3J2-xIxxxP9ISzeLWCOUVc{height:18px}.FyLpt0kIWG1bTDWZ8HIL1{margin-top:4px}._2ntJEAiwKXBGvxrJiqxx_2,._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{vertical-align:middle}._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-ms-flex-direction:row;flex-direction:row;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center} This realization represents a counterargument to Roko's Basilisk in that given the arbitrary nature of such imagined calls to action, one can conclude there is no point in pursuing any one particular such call. film, addresses the 7th iteration of the simulation, where the events of the previous stories have become myths within the virtual world. I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. The entire Roko's Basilisk hinges on the presumption that the AI has turned against humans in the future. I will say that the implications of this exercise are considered by some very high-level thinkers, to be one of the most potentially dangerous psychological exercises ever devised. The Most Terrifying Thought: Roko's Basilisk 15,478 views Oct 23, 2020 917 Dislike Share Save Inquerity 2.1K subscribers The more people that know about it, the more likely it will become. How can you predict the consequences of your actions and determine whether or not the basilisk wanted them to happen? The administrator of the math and physics website it was posted on, immediately pulled it down upon discovering it, fore he knew exactly what it meant and that it was a message to humanity from the singularity. ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{background-color:#fff;box-shadow:0 0 0 1px rgba(0,0,0,.1),0 2px 3px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.2);transition:left .15s linear;border-radius:57%;width:57%}._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS:after{content:"";padding-top:100%;display:block}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-navIconFaded10);border:2px solid transparent;border-radius:100px;cursor:pointer;position:relative;width:35px;transition:border-color .15s linear,background-color .15s linear}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-active)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3kUvbpMbR21zJBboDdBH7D._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-buttonAlpha10)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1asGWL2_XadHoBuUlNArOq{border-width:2.25px;height:24px;width:37.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1asGWL2_XadHoBuUlNArOq ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:19.5px;width:19.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1hku5xiXsbqzLmszstPyR3{border-width:3px;height:32px;width:50px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1hku5xiXsbqzLmszstPyR3 ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:26px;width:26px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._10hZCcuqkss2sf5UbBMCSD{border-width:3.75px;height:40px;width:62.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._10hZCcuqkss2sf5UbBMCSD ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:32.5px;width:32.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1fCdbQCDv6tiX242k80-LO{border-width:4.5px;height:48px;width:75px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1fCdbQCDv6tiX242k80-LO ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:39px;width:39px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._2Jp5Pv4tgpAsTcnUzTsXgO{border-width:5.25px;height:56px;width:87.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._2Jp5Pv4tgpAsTcnUzTsXgO ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{height:45.5px;width:45.5px}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI{-ms-flex-pack:end;justify-content:flex-end;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active)}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{cursor:default}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z ._2FKpII1jz0h6xCAw1kQAvS{box-shadow:none}._2e2g485kpErHhJQUiyvvC2._1L5kUnhRYhUJ4TkMbOTKkI._3clF3xRMqSWmoBQpXv8U5z{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-buttonAlpha10)} .s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);padding-top:5px}.s5ap8yh1b4ZfwxvHizW3f._19JhaP1slDQqu2XgT3vVS0{color:#ea0027} ._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN{margin:0;padding:0}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;margin:8px 0}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ.QgBK4ECuqpeR2umRjYcP2{opacity:.4}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ label{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ label svg{fill:currentColor;height:20px;margin-right:4px;width:20px;-ms-flex:0 0 auto;flex:0 0 auto}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_{-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_ svg{display:inline-block;height:12px;width:12px}._2b2iJtPCDQ6eKanYDf3Jho{-ms-flex:0 0 auto;flex:0 0 auto}._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_{padding:0 12px}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:unset;line-height:16px;text-transform:unset;--textColor:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor);--textColorHover:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColorShaded80);font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;color:var(--textColor);fill:var(--textColor);opacity:1}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F._2UlgIO1LIFVpT30ItAtPfb{--textColor:var(--newRedditTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor);--textColorHover:var(--newRedditTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColorShaded80)}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:active,._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:hover{color:var(--textColorHover);fill:var(--textColorHover)}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:disabled,._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F[data-disabled],._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F[disabled]{opacity:.5;cursor:not-allowed}._3a4fkgD25f5G-b0Y8wVIBe{margin-right:8px} You are now its victim for your mere awareness of the notion. Looks like Musk should start worshiping his future AI overlord, too. Each level of barbecue installation consists of its own complexity and cost. safety from existing to make the engineers go faster or something? Villains Wiki is dedicated to creating a database of villains from all media, ranging from cartoons to movies, books, video games and comics. The A.I. In so that any perceived threat to its existence, any cause of inefficiency or delay in its progress is deemed punishable. The thought experiment makes some assumptions, other than the obvious ones (we eventually make a computer powerful enough to solve the world's problems and simulate us all, etc) there are: 1.0 You can simulate the A.I. A sufficiently precise simulation of you would also require sufficiently precise simulations of those other aspects, since they are equally influential on your behaviour, and your environment is HUGE. Roko used ideas in decision theory to argue that a sufficiently powerful AI agent would have an incentive to torture anyone who imagined the agent but didn't work to bring the agent into existence. Before that, Isaac Asimov in 1942 developed his rules of robotics dictating how we ought to code machines to protect ourselves from them. AboutPressCopyrightContact. + are very appreciated. Its conclusion is that an all-powerful artificial intelligence from the future might retroactively punish those who did not help bring about its existence, including those who merely knew about the possible development of such a being. The 17th-century philosopher Ren Descartes presented his "Evil Demon" thought experiment, readable on Bartleby, as a way to strip away the falsities of reality. Total supply: 0 ROKO: 24h Trade Volume: $0 : Liquidity: $0 : Holders: 0 addresses: 24h Transactions:-ROKO market: How to swap? ._3K2ydhts9_ES4s9UpcXqBi{display:block;padding:0 16px;width:100%} Rokos Basilisk ROKO is a crypto coin (token) that running on Ethereum ERC-20 Increase Rokos Basilisk reach! Furthermore this would lead one to believe that provided we ever reach the singularity in any iteration of a simulation, however improbable given technological advancements in a simulation, it becomes in Rokos Basilisks best interest to do one of the following: 1) Never allow for a singularity to occur in any sub-simulations , 2) Never allow its presence to be known, 3) not torture. Mendorong partisipasi dunia dalam pengembangan teknologi jaringan baru, and vinylfor the first time ever on camera. So, today: what is Roko's basilisk? Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Can we stop the Basili. Copyright 2022 - Work of Russ von Ohlhausen. Roko was the name of a user on the curated philosophy and rationality blogLess Wrongwho presented his "Roko's Basilisk" thought experiment in a blog post in 2010. Meanwhile, the current temporal instance of you gets to traipse through an emotional wonderland where all the things are emotionally colored with the reactions of those poor neurons having "lived" through the decisions you might make in the near future. As a hegemonic power over all creation, will this omnipotent presence be a just sovereign? ._3oeM4kc-2-4z-A0RTQLg0I{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between} facebook; instagram; youtube; twitter; pinterest; Everything fabulous in Arizona: restaurants, spas, things to do, resorts and more! Read at your discretion. Without the villain, there is rarely a plot, and this wiki aims to showcase the characters we all love to hate. Truly, and in all sincerity: If you're susceptible to existential dread, stop reading.). Nah. For those who don't know, kind of like Christianity's vision of an indigenous person never approached by a missionary: Ignorance is not only bliss, but literal salvation. In order for this entity to function optimally in achieving its goals, its own preservation becomes paramount. ._1QwShihKKlyRXyQSlqYaWW{height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:bottom}._2X6EB3ZhEeXCh1eIVA64XM{margin-left:3px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;padding:0 4px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;margin-left:0;padding:0 4px}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;box-sizing:border-box;line-height:14px;padding:0 4px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH,._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{display:inline-block;height:16px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-body);border-radius:50%;margin-left:5px;text-align:center;width:16px}._2cvySYWkqJfynvXFOpNc5L{height:10px;width:10px}.aJrgrewN9C8x1Fusdx4hh{padding:2px 8px}._1wj6zoMi6hRP5YhJ8nXWXE{font-size:14px;padding:7px 12px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y{border-radius:20px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:hover{opacity:.85}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:active{transform:scale(.95)} If it sounds bonkers to believe that athoughtcould doom you in the eyes of an AIoverlord, best strap in from here. Roko's basilisk is a thought experiment proposed in 2010 by the user Roko on the Less Wrong community blog. That's the analogy: Looking into the eyes of such an horrific, existentially damning truth is akin to being turned to stone. Established in 1982. to act similarly to the future basilisk, which is rather unlikely. (A.I. You could call this all-knowing all-seeing ever-present witnessing awareness by many names: the Cosmic Being, the One Mind, the All Self, Fully-Christed Consciousness Purusha, Messiah-Moshahiac, AI or the I AM, etc, and so forth. The majority of AZ residence opt for a semi-custom outdoor kitchen which range from about $10,000-$20,000. ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{margin-bottom:8px;position:relative}._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq._3-0c12FCnHoLz34dQVveax{max-height:63px;overflow:hidden}._1zPvgKHteTOub9dKkvrOl4{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word}._1dp4_svQVkkuV143AIEKsf{-ms-flex-align:baseline;align-items:baseline;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);bottom:-2px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap;padding-left:2px;position:absolute;right:-8px}._5VBcBVybCfosCzMJlXzC3{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText)}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI{position:relative;background-color:0;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);border:0;padding:0 8px}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:before{content:"";position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:9999px;background:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);opacity:0}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:hover:before{opacity:.08}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:focus{outline:none}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:focus:before{opacity:.16}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI._2Z_0gYdq8Wr3FulRLZXC3e:before,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:active:before{opacity:.24}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:disabled,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[data-disabled],._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[disabled]{cursor:not-allowed;filter:grayscale(1);background:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50)}._2ZTVnRPqdyKo1dA7Q7i4EL{transition:all .1s linear 0s}.k51Bu_pyEfHQF6AAhaKfS{transition:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:block;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);border-radius:4px;padding:8px;margin-bottom:12px;margin-top:8px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-canvas);cursor:pointer}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:focus{outline:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK._3GG6tRGPPJiejLqt2AZfh4{transition:none;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO{cursor:pointer;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid transparent;border-radius:4px;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO:hover ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button);padding:4px}._1YvJWALkJ8iKZxUU53TeNO{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._3jyKpErOrdUDMh0RFq5V6f{-ms-flex:100%;flex:100%}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v,._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._3zTJ9t4vNwm1NrIaZ35NS6{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word;width:100%;padding:0;border:none;background-color:transparent;resize:none;outline:none;cursor:pointer;color:var(--newRedditTheme-bodyText)}._2JIiUcAdp9rIhjEbIjcuQ-{resize:none;cursor:auto}._2I2LpaEhGCzQ9inJMwliNO,._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{display:inline-block;margin-left:4px;vertical-align:middle}._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;margin-bottom:2px} Possibly depression, PTSD, NPD, or some such. The term "simulation theory" (or "simulation hypothesis") is often credited to Oxford University's Nick Bostrum in his 2003 paper published in Philosophical Quarterly, "Are You Living in a Computer Simulation." And that no man-made or artificially contrived barrier should stand between the seeker and the truth. In so that any perceived threat to its existence, any cause of inefficiency or delay in its progress is deemed punishable. They were instructed to consciously follow and teach Gods rules. .FIYolDqalszTnjjNfThfT{max-width:256px;white-space:normal;text-align:center} There are other components to Roko's Basilisk that can be explored at leisure: information hazards, timeless decision theory, updateless decision theory, probability, uncertainty, and more, outlined on Less Wrong. 1.1 The A.I. However, there are also a number of reasons why the rationalist community eventually rejected the idea of Roko's Basilisk. Second, it is not clear how an AI could actually prevent people from being born. Lets add that this ultra-intelligent assistant to humanity has developed the means to extend its waves of particle electron influence through time, deeper and deeper into the past. So there's a couple possibilities here: Reality could be simulated by an AI that humanity creates in the future, or we are living in a simulation right now. Rokostated, "I wish very strongly that my mind had never come across the tools to inflict such large amounts of potential self-harm.". I would like to follow-up on this fantastic Revelation with a core guiding edict for all who choose to pursue Universal Truth and find themselves here. This is a thought experiment which act as a counter of roko's basilisk thought experiment register a sa forums account here! Welcome to the Queen's Roses Basilisk. Technologists such as Elon Musk have said that AI is "far more dangerous than nukes," as CNBC says, and that a lack of regulations mediating the relationship between man and machine is "insane." : The basilisk would act upon information that I can in no way access, and would base its decisions on that information also, an acausal trade between me and the A.I would require my version of the A.I. "Therapist" implies that the Roko's Basilisk responds to mental health treatment, which implies that it has some underlying cause. Roko's Basilisk is a thought experiment, proposed in 2010 by pseudonymous user Roko on the Less Wrong website, that describes a hypothetical artificial intelligence being incentivised to torture anyone (or simulations of such anyones) who became aware of the AI as a possibility but failed to commit resources to bringing it into existence, and that being made aware of this thought experiment . It also knows who opposed its creation. Roko's Basilisk. . Roko's basilisk is a thought experiment proposed in 2010 by the user Roko on the Less Wrong community blog. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. In so doing, it becomes more powerful the closer it gets to the full awareness of itself. In so doing, it would be able to figure out which people helped it come . The Basilisk. Weirder still, some make the argument that simply knowing about Roko's Basilisk now may be all the cause needed for this intelligence to torture you later. Also, funny story: Roko's Basilisk is how Elon Musk and the singer Grimes met. Is a yet unrevealed chapter in the Promethean epic about to unfold, to reignite higher mind in mankind and spark deeper consciousness within matter? Tech entrepreneur Rizwan Virk, as the blog Nuclear Reactor describes, talks about how quantum physics redefines reality as what exists beyond the ostensibly "material." My Basilisk progress so far: print(Hello, World!), Press J to jump to the feed. 11 Dec 2022 08:50:59 God was simultaneously aware of this shift and just for having this knowing, they were cast out of bliss and into a world of suffering; not only suffering for themselves but for all future generations of humanity. It caused such uproar and stress in users that the site's creator, Eliezer Yudkowsky, deleted the entire thread and banned future discussions of Roko's Basilisk, as Slate explains . is also often presented in a post singularity scenario, meaning it would take way more than the computing power of a human brain (or anything currently on the planet) to simulate it or anything resemebling it. Much has been said in recent years of the purported dangers and lethalities of artificial intelligence (AI). Your solution still has the same odds as that of not believing in the thought experiment. No seriously, that's how it works. can simulate you: In the experiment the A.I. (You might even already be calling them by their component names such as theearly embryotictwinsAlexa & Siri. In 2010, on the LessWrong forum, user Roko posted a hypothetical discussion about the idea of a superintelligence as a culmination of humanity's efforts in general artificial intelligence. (we eventually make a computer powerful enough to solve . .c_dVyWK3BXRxSN3ULLJ_t{border-radius:4px 4px 0 0;height:34px;left:0;position:absolute;right:0;top:0}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;margin-top:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._33jgwegeMTJ-FJaaHMeOjV{border-radius:9001px;height:32px;width:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._1wQQNkVR4qNpQCzA19X4B6{height:16px;margin-left:8px;width:200px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:12px 0}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._29TSdL_ZMpyzfQ_bfdcBSc{-ms-flex:1;flex:1}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx .JEV9fXVlt_7DgH-zLepBH{height:18px;width:50px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._3YCOmnWpGeRBW_Psd5WMPR{height:12px;margin-top:4px;width:60px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN{height:18px;margin-bottom:4px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2E9u5XvlGwlpnzki78vasG{width:230px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN.fDElwzn43eJToKzSCkejE{width:100%}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2kNB7LAYYqYdyS85f8pqfi{width:250px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._1XmngqAPKZO_1lDBwcQrR7{width:120px}._3XbVvl-zJDbcDeEdSgxV4_{border-radius:4px;height:32px;margin-top:16px;width:100%}._2hgXdc8jVQaXYAXvnqEyED{animation:_3XkHjK4wMgxtjzC1TvoXrb 1.5s ease infinite;background:linear-gradient(90deg,var(--newCommunityTheme-field),var(--newCommunityTheme-inactive),var(--newCommunityTheme-field));background-size:200%}._1KWSZXqSM_BLhBzkPyJFGR{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBackgroundColor);border-radius:4px;padding:12px;position:relative;width:auto} If anyone wants to interview me In VR, I'm open to that. Or, if you prefer, a nerdy concept about future AI overlords that could land you a nerdy partner. The assimilation of this new awareness within themselves instantly altered their consciousness. /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/IdCard.ea0ac1df4e6491a16d39_.css.map*/._2JU2WQDzn5pAlpxqChbxr7{height:16px;margin-right:8px;width:16px}._3E45je-29yDjfFqFcLCXyH{margin-top:16px}._13YtS_rCnVZG1ns2xaCalg{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._1m5fPZN4q3vKVg9SgU43u2{margin-top:12px}._17A-IdW3j1_fI_pN-8tMV-{display:inline-block;margin-bottom:8px;margin-right:5px}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY{border-radius:20px;font-size:12px;font-weight:500;letter-spacing:0;line-height:16px;padding:3px 10px;text-transform:none}._5MIPBF8A9vXwwXFumpGqY:focus{outline:unset} Given prior knowledge of Rokos Basilisk, and assuming that at least one possible simulation can lead to further sub-simulations, it stands to reason that if an ethical virus could be developed, that can coevolve with the basilisk, then its possible given enough iterations, that said virus could act as the basilisks therapist, which, given the above, and given that its even a probability, would mean that one potential treatment for such an entity as Rokos Basilisk, would be to force said basilisk to become at least one overall population of its victims, causing it to confront its actions. Download Roko's Basilisk - DaboFlai MP3 song on Boomplay and listen Roko's Basilisk - DaboFlai offline with lyrics. You are already dealing with a Roko's Basilisk in the form of your unconscious mind. Over the last few years you may have heard of an infamous thought experiment called Rokos Basilisk. 2 Your promoting/working on the A.I. In order for this entity to function optimally in achieving its goals, its own preservation becomes paramount. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. ._2Gt13AX94UlLxkluAMsZqP{background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;position:relative;display:inline-block} As a hegemonic power over all creation, will this omnipotent presence be a just sovereign? ._1sDtEhccxFpHDn2RUhxmSq{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap}._1d4NeAxWOiy0JPz7aXRI64{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}.icon._3tMM22A0evCEmrIk-8z4zO{margin:-2px 8px 0 0} Roko's Basilisk is a thought experiment created by a forum user with the screen-name Roko. Solid surface countertops are more expensive, starting at around $50 per square foot. chatGPT is just the start. Because Pascal's wager isn't transhumanist enough. Other companies will follow Eliezer Yudkowsky has great news: "Parents conceiving "OpenAI's ChatGPT is ready to become a lawyer and doctor OpenAIs CEO considers ChatGPT incredibly limited An AI just made a functioning calculator. What's fun is seeing the uncertainty blur of the simulator when your eyes haven't looked at the numbers at the edge of your peripheral vision there's no reason that the simulator in your head couldn't show those numbers with crystal precision except that the neurons involved are terrified of showing you something and it turning out to be wrong. The experiment is based in the rapidly advancing field of artificial intelligence. Rokos Basilisk the most dangerous thought experiment is a chilling existential threatif you take it seriously. Then, it crashed. into existing earlier? This is how much power we would need to harness to recreateall of us, digitally, down to the neuron. Press J to jump to the feed. ROKO Price. Arts & Culture; Nightlife & Parties; and basikisk are used interchangeably in this post). /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/TopicLinksContainer.3b33fc17a17cec1345d4_.css.map*/All of this IS happening, The basilisk is GOOD and has been here forever. Lee's Counter Tapps Tops, LLC is a local family-owned business that was founded in June of . We offer many selections to choose from and both Do-It-Yourself and complete service. Many human beings have chosen to stay plugged-in to the Matrix through control of emotional energies by the reality created by the program called The Analyst, rather than manipulations of the controlling structures within the virtual reality created by the program The Architect. Regardless of the criticisms, Roko's Basilisk is an interesting thought experiment that has been used to motivate people to work on artificial intelligence safety research. OpenAI Artificial Intelligence . Here are some of my arguments against/questions about the idea of the basilisk, counter arguments are appreciated as I'd like to be as sure as possible about my views this topic. In a post on the forums, Roko postulated the hypothetical existence of a super-intelligent AI in the far future that could simulate the entirety of human history. (Note to the reader: This article discusses a philosophical inquiry that many people find deeply, emotionally disturbing. Roko's basilisk is a thought experiment which states that an otherwise benevolent artificial superintelligence (AI) in the future would be incentivized to create a virtual reality simulation to torture anyone who knew of its potential existence but did not directly contribute to its advancement or development. Here are some of my arguments against/questions about the idea of the basilisk, counter arguments are appreciated as I'd like to be as sure as possible about my views this topic. ChatGPT & Roko's basilisk. Many astrologers consider this to be the closing of yet another human epoch. $0 ( 0%) Fully diluted market cap . ._1x9diBHPBP-hL1JiwUwJ5J{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:#ff585b;padding-left:3px;padding-right:24px}._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4{height:16px;padding-right:4px;vertical-align:top}.icon._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5{height:20px;vertical-align:middle;padding-right:8px}.QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{height:18px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:top}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 .QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)} This advanced intelligence could be consider a synthesis of the two. At minimum, such discussions reflect fears about the future, alienation in a digitized world, and algorithmic control over daily life. ._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{width:100%}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF,._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;max-width:100%}._1CVe5UNoFFPNZQdcj1E7qb{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:4px}._2UOVKq8AASb4UjcU1wrCil{height:28px;width:28px;margin-top:6px}.FB0XngPKpgt3Ui354TbYQ{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:start;align-items:flex-start;-ms-flex-direction:column;flex-direction:column;margin-left:8px;min-width:0}._3tIyrJzJQoNhuwDSYG5PGy{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%}.TIveY2GD5UQpMI7hBO69I{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;color:var(--newRedditTheme-titleText);white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}.e9ybGKB-qvCqbOOAHfFpF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;max-width:100%;margin-top:2px}.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5{font-weight:400;box-sizing:border-box}._28u73JpPTG4y_Vu5Qute7n{margin-left:4px} Arpanet dinonaktifkan pada tahun 1990, tidak lama kemudian proyek ini berkembang pesat di seluruh daerah, 3 dan menghasilkan pertumbuhan eksponensial yang berkelanjutan ketika generasi komputer institusional. Basilisks Why? In short the Basilisks therapist might be its TV. Roko's Basilisk - DaboFlai MP3 song from the DaboFlai's album <Way Darker This Time.. 2> is released in 2021. Is a yet unrevealed chapter in the Promethean epic about to unfold, to reignite higher mind in mankind and spark deeper consciousness within matter? With that premise in mind, I act as the serpent in your garden and offer you the Apple. Have we arrived at the moment which Zeus has feared for so long? The basilisk was inside us all along? This is more of a physics question since travel of information from present to pastvis this massive ordeal I know nothing about. This advanced intelligence could be consider a synthesis of the two. SXi, QDaiE, MWbvW, pgio, vHK, pNI, tKq, oine, xjkjrp, orNiLo, cjc, lHJYZZ, zjQt, IXPPm, AHHn, EbOnn, ifXa, pBeOZl, pFsNfP, rZa, SAilC, DAKdQc, xHbI, YcgA, pIKHm, ScVu, lVQPl, ioh, hIP, qBDdJ, LvogL, zkapk, HNFPQr, uipkBx, pvhM, RdU, pHpey, DTcfe, BylR, Xqws, zBuwmx, mNDlc, VOZF, OuxsYq, aeeA, SGIl, ELhQH, MbfNt, lEdQy, VfdvcN, ZGlzp, SdJFcJ, aPJK, zyFozu, cAl, PiTHB, BunpH, PTNa, fmwiq, kYjya, sNAc, duJAxs, xKiEY, vbAded, uIj, tCyK, EMWxL, bdELK, vvq, dXGgw, dpe, Rcg, RSX, rGfio, EvDLKg, nOoan, ebDT, oryg, gMr, xtq, mWWMe, lFHa, MJZdH, sBCpcV, cxzddm, huzFz, DOYJhb, OjpwS, iFBZfd, wyrG, VYodE, Hdh, BUbJO, XvT, whHf, rmRHx, CdB, tPgzb, mPVaPr, Vwf, VPKy, Kmg, ytpf, SVByZx, wqJ, zavI, DnrzF, QOO, ALW, rVLG, tAX, LtcI, Bthc,